Shopping list?

Options
so i need more ideas for meals and snacks...

i am tired of eating the same things and need more healthy things to eat in order to lose weight..

help??

-Emma

Replies

• EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I had grass fed hamburger with gluten free bun tonight. I'm still in bliss.

That's the beauty of mfp. Just buy and eat what you normally like. If it's in your calories you can have it. You'll begin to start eating more healthy and less highly concentrated calories as you go (eating clean) but some people eat a donut a day and still lose weight.
  • Jenny9000
    Jenny9000 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    -any fruit / fruit salad
    right now i've been buying local peaches and sprinkling cinnamon on them.

-greek yogurt ( I eat about 2 tubs of this **** in about 3 days) comes in lots of delicious flavours, I usually just get low fat/sugar vanilla though, and mix it with granola and fruit.

-smoothies! especially for hot summer days / lazy morning. just throw fresh or frozen fruit in a blender. I usually use 4 field berry mix and spinach ( sounds weird, but you dont even taste it) with milk/ soy and yogurt, voila.

I love fruit and yogurt in case you didn't notice, haha.

Any nuts are good. I usually make trail mixes, almonds, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, pistachios! , sunflower seeds

String cheese is great too as a side with nuts.

As far as meals I like making sandwiches for lunch with meat cheese and honey mustard, or I make my own version of an egg mcmuffin with turkey bacon and a healthier cheese and bread.

Wraps, stir frys, meatballs, sausage on a bun, chicken/turkey burgers, turkey tacos.

There are so many options ! You can eat so many of the same things, just substitute the ingredients, like extra lean ground beef in tacos instead of regular full fat beef, low fat sour cream, etc. You learn how to make healthier substitutions into things you already love :)
  • kellyskitties
    kellyskitties Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Take what you normally eat - then add more fruits and veggies - and shrink portions of the rest. Fruits and veggies (cut up nibbling size) are perfect snacks and meal additions.

edited - misread - reposting
  • kellyskitties
    kellyskitties Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt with honey
    rabbit bags (hunks of veggies to crunch in a baggie)
    fiber one chocolate cereal and almond milk
    apple with nut butter and load of cinnamon
    peanut butter 1 tbs mixed with 1 tbs flax meal and rolled into ball - roll in cayenne and cocoa powder -
    pork rinds and tostitos spinach dip
    small bites of fruit (blueberries, strawberry etc - big fruits cut small) in bowl, add some flax meal and a few nuts, top with milk
    coffee with vanilla protein powder added - power coffee?
    popcorn - 1/3 cup kernels in paper lunch bag, roll top down, microwave
    lara bars in a pinch
    small bit of any leftovers
    banana cut up with spray cream and walnuts sprinkled over (think sundae) - sprinkle of cocoa powder
  • mrsleonard12
    mrsleonard12 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    lots of green veggies, fruits.

* grilled fish like blackened tilapia with veggies and brown rice.
    * brown rice with sautéd black beans, corn, onions, even pepper.
    * brown sugar glazed salmon grilled/ baked with stir fry
    * chicken pesto with spinach pasta.

Try allrecipes.com they have great stuff and you can sort out meals in a variety of ways including ingredients
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Monitor your macros the rest is easy. 0.8 per lb of your weight in protein,0.35% of your wright in healthy fats the rest are carbs. Hit these two macros and yhe wright will come off I promise.
  • andysmom
    andysmom Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Today breakfast was oatmeal with a tbsp of peanut butter (YUM!), lunch was an Oroweat Sandwich Thin spread with avocado, topped with ham, and some cantaloupe; dinner was a delcious portion of baked salmon and some steamed broccoli and carrots. For snacks I had a few (like 20) almonds and a peach. All in all, a delicious and healthy day!
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Introduce yourself to more ethnic foods. Tonight I learned about something called Khmer-style curry, which is probably going to result in my making a lot of Cambodian food after this nappa cabbage is gone lol.
  • LongIsland27itl
    LongIsland27itl Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Plain greek yogurt with either :Splenda, PB2, Blackberries, unsweet cocoa powder+splenda

Puffed wheat cereal with unsweetened almond milk (2 bowls of cerial for only 130 cals 22carbs)

Queat bars-Strawberry Cheesecake flavor for only 160cal most of the carbs are from fiber so the 160 cal doesn't hit the body like a real 160. Thoes are my main snacks daily they work for me. I go for more volume less calorie to feel more full
  • mahanaibu
    mahanaibu Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    My recommendation is: the spices and condiments that go around the food. Basic foods, fish, chicken, veggies, are transformed into different foods when you surround them with these flavors. They can become a thai curry or a senegalese peanut stew or a tortilla soup. Soy sauce, sesame oil, fish sauce, lime, tamnarind, salsas, peanut butter, light coconut milk, saffron, cumin, tomato paste, garlic cloves. My kitchen is bulging a bit with this stuff, but it's tremendous fun and introduces a lot of healthy foods as well.
  • cgphelps24
    cgphelps24 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Something I found new at the store is called Baby Carrot Shakedowns. It has a packet of flavoring in it that you open up into the bag and shake over the baby carrots. I chose the ranch flavor but they have other flavors as well. It gives me the ranch taste without all the ranch calories. (a bag has 25 calories). Best part is my grandkids are now eating carrots!!
  • SJVZEE
    SJVZEE Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    just got groceries today:

store-
    plain yogurt
    mushrooms x2 pkgs
    lettuce x2 pkgs
    green bell pepper
    bananas-lots of them
    lb strawberries
    blueberries x2 pkgs
    roma tomato x2
    can of black olives
    kale
    spinach

farmers market-
    raspberries
    green onion
    tomatoes
    cauliflower
    carrots
    free range chicken eggs (dz)
    purple pepper-first time I've ever seen one of these :)
    2 ears sweet corn
    kale
    spinach
    8 ounces locally made cheese

My menu plan for the next few days-
    'fried' rice (already have rice)
    green smoothies (I have one every day)
    sauteed mushrooms (already have butter)
    oatmeal with raisins (already have)
    taco salads, with flax seed instead of ground beef (already have the flax seed)
    salads
    ears of corn with butter
    cauliflower with cheese
    sauteed veggies
    beans (already have several kinds)
    hb eggs with pinch of salt
  • phurst00
    phurst00 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    You should check out Allrecipes.com some time. Use their ingredient search to find new ideas. I like to put in unusual food combinations that I have on-hand sometimes and see what recipes pop up.