Hydroxycut

Options

Replies

• skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    cool order of events going on in here...
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    My thoughts?

magic beans

placebo effect

snake oil

wallet emptying
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Started taking hydroxycut today. . . can anyone give me any thoughts about this good and bad.

make-it-rain_o_GIFSoup.gif
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mkp537ILa71qdbjg6o1_250.gif
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    It's just a placebo plus a little caffeine, but hey, placebos work. Just don't use it for too long. That stuff can't be good for you.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    i hear the stuff can give you a heart attack, no joke.

the secret to weight loss? not a secret! fewer calories in, more calories out. keep things at a deficit. move more. eat bad stuff less (you don't have to cut your treats out, just cut back).

a pill is not a sustainable solution.
  • happythermia
    happythermia Posts: 374
    Options
    I say take them when you're tired. They're basically speed
  • elkahallick
    elkahallick Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    i hear the stuff can give you a heart attack, no joke.

the secret to weight loss? not a secret! fewer calories in, more calories out. keep things at a deficit. move more. eat bad stuff less (you don't have to cut your treats out, just cut back).

a pill is not a sustainable solution.

^^^^^ there's no magic pill or easy button.... Hard work determination and consistency are the ingredients to success
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Also....if you buy these things based on online reviews....don't. The companies that sell them pay people to give positive reviews. And on sites like Amazon where you can rate someone's review as helpful or unhelpful? They rate all the negative, real reviews as unhelpful and the positive, fake ones as helpful. That pushes the negative to the bottom and positive to the top.
  • aimeemanninghunter
    aimeemanninghunter Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Started taking hydroxycut today. . . can anyone give me any thoughts about this good and bad. I started taking it becaue I felt like I needed a kick start to help me get myself motivated. With something that's supposed to help you lose weight it makes me want to work out and eat healthier and I believe it really gets my mind where I want it to be

Just drink a whole pot of coffee...you'll get the same effect :)
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Not sure if ephedra is still in them (might be banned now) but I'm going to leave this here. This guy was my old hitting coach's roomate in the minor leagues.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Bechler
  • MeowSkull
    MeowSkull Posts: 101 Member
    Options

Just drink a whole pot of coffee...you'll get the same effect :)

LOL!!!! SO. TRUE. Sorry you wasted your money.

Commitment to changing yourself and your lifestyle is the best "kick start" you can have. Drugs can't do that for you.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    There is no magic pill, just hard work.

Why are you searching for motivation in a pill? That makes ZERO sense to me. Eat less and move more. It's simple.

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but seriously. If you're not happy with your current weight then DO something about it instead of expecting a pill to do all of the hard work for you.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    waste o f money
    theres no miracle pill
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    heart racing
    amphetamines
  • Alphastate
    Alphastate Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Why do people keep saying there's no miracle/magic pill? I thought that was called Plan B.
  • amyx593
    amyx593 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I lost 13lbs the old fashioned way and have since plateaued. I've lost just 2lbs since May 12th and I still have around 20-25ish to go! I drink green tea a lot and have a cup of coffee every other morning. I'm not very sensitive to caffeine, so it takes a lot to get me going. That's why I decided to try Hydroxycut too.... as some other people have suggested, drinking a whole pot of coffee probably gives the same effect, but who can/wants to do that?!

I have been taking the Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite for the past week. I started out as the directions say, taking just 1 capsule for the first two days, then taking 2 before breakfast for the past 5 days (I haven't taken the second daily dosage at all yet, starting out slower as I've read it's better to do). My weight has stayed exactly the same for the past week.

Some people only lose with this because of dehydration, but I drink a LOT of water. The only good thing so far has been an increase in energy, which has helped push me through my workouts, etc. I know that weight loss pills are a "waste of money" but hoped this would help push me through this plateau with higher intensity workouts.

Unless you're willing to put in the extra work, this will not magically help with weight loss. Use the extra energy though and stop taking them if they make you too jittery or light headed! I have had no side effects yet, but they're really not something to play around with.
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    it put my best friend in the hospital with delusions and a panic attack. just track calories and work out. save your damn money
  • zombiefangirl31
    zombiefangirl31 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Please stop taking them right now. I once took Zantrex and it screwed with my heart and head. It took three months for my heartbeat to go back to normal and slightly less time for the headaches to go away. I didn't feel energetic, just anxious and paranoid. I actually thought my heart was going to explode.

If you're not feeling the side effects now, I hope you're one of the lucky ones to never experience the havoc these so-called "miracle pills" can cause. You said that they put you in the right frame of mind to eat healthy and exercise? I think you owe yourself credit for that. If a diet pill were capable of this, then it's not a diet pill.
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Just no :/

lavell-crawford-o.gif

Look at the success threads- I'll bet you won't find a one that says "I did it with Hydroxycut!"