Running paired with weights/deficit= fat loss?

Options
I've been stalled out at 194lbs for a the longest time but since strength training, I've lose plenty of inches. I've registered for a 5K in September and obviously I have to start running more. If I pair my 5K training with weights and a clean diet (I eat at -20% TDEE so I eat around 1700+) will I see more fat melt? I've kinda given up on the scale to be honest. It discourages me and I don't want to be bothered with it. I'm more focused on the composition of my body and how it is changing. I lift 3-4x a week and I'm going to be training on my off days. Do you think doing this will provide nice results? (:

Replies

• froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    probably, mind, i didn't really notice much change until i was running 8k and more.
    if you are adding the running to your existing routine, your tdee might change a bit too, so make sure you check your numbers :wink:
    but, if you are not losing at tdee - 20% i'd say something's off to begin with, whether it's inaccurate tracking, or the tdee calculation....
  • SarahRea32
    SarahRea32 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    you may be overestimating your calorie burn if you are using the MFP calculator, I suspected it was way off and got a heart heart monitor. I was well overestimating my calorie burn using MFP. I run 3x a week, 1x sprint session, 1x 4-5k and one longer run. I also lift 5x a week. I've finally busted my plateau after getting the HRM. Good luck
  • kassiebby1124
    kassiebby1124 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    probably, mind, i didn't really notice much change until i was running 8k and more.
    if you are adding the running to your existing routine, your tdee might change a bit too, so make sure you check your numbers :wink:
    but, if you are not losing at tdee - 20% i'd say something's off to begin with, whether it's inaccurate tracking, or the tdee calculation....
    We analyzed that the issue was my calculating and logging most likely. But thanks!