size and spacing of meals

Options
lmr9
lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
Hi,

I recently heard that breakfast should be your largest meal of the day, lunch second biggest, and dinner the smallest. Mine usually end up just the opposite, but I'm wondering what you all think. To all you big losers out there - how do you structure your meals and which are the biggest? Do you stick to 3 meals a day, 5 a day, etc?...

Thanks!! :smile:

Replies

• lmr9
    lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I recently heard that breakfast should be your largest meal of the day, lunch second biggest, and dinner the smallest. Mine usually end up just the opposite, but I'm wondering what you all think. To all you big losers out there - how do you structure your meals and which are the biggest? Do you stick to 3 meals a day, 5 a day, etc?...

Thanks!! :smile:
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    Hi LMR, I think so long as you are staying within your calories you should be ok. I am the opposite as well.. I eat very little for breakfast..my big meal is always dinner. I have just never been a breakfast person! So long as you can space out your meals. I know my biggest problem is portion control. Good luck to you :flowerforyou:
  • jamie77
    jamie77 Posts: 101
    Options
    I've always heard that as well, but I think everyone is different.
    Every day I only have about 500 of my 1200 calories by the time I get off work. I end up eating my other 700 between 6 and 7:30 and I'm still losing about 1.5 lbs per week. I just can't make myself eat larger meals during the day. I'm either too busy or just not all that hungry. I say just do whatever you find works for you. :smile:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Dinner is always my biggest meal of the day. I usually eat 3 meals a day plus 1-2 snacks. Breakfast is usually around 200 calories, lunch is usually around 300-400 calories, dinner is around 500-600 and snacks are usually 50-150 calories. Everyone is different, but I choose to keep my big dinners because that's the only meal I get to really sit down and enjoy with my fiance. The other times I eat are simply out of neccessity.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I once heard a doctor who said that if eating a large meal at dinner or late at night made you gain weight, we wouldn't have starving children in Africa. While I think it's best to try not to eat too late at night, I must say that I don't think it matters too much what time of day you eat your meals, or how you space those calories. Your body is running 24/7, even while sleeping.

JMHO
    (just my humble opinion) :bigsmile: