Sigh

Options
I'm new here, I joined it because I wanted to see how much crap I put into my body because of the amount of weight I've gained, to my surprise, not all that much, my original Diet was around 1400 cal per day and I walk about 4 k's a day too, which would put me in, what should be some kind of normal category.
And although I'm not overweight, I have gained 13 kilos in just under 12 months, and the weight will NOT come off. I only ever seem to gain, even now, i've had all my wisdom teeth taken out and havn't been able to eat more than 500cal per day for the past 3 days and, whatdayaknow, I've gained a full kilo.
I'm really starting to lose what little motivation I had, does anyone have any idea on what could be possibly going wrong?
I very rarely eat salt, I never add it to anything, I don't eat a lot that is high in sugar and pretty much all I drink these days is green tea, water, and the occasional diet coke. And, I'm a vegetarian so I steer well away from animal fat.
I just want to look like I used to.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be going on?

Replies

• CFAITH_WARD
    CFAITH_WARD Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    It is hard to say what is wrong when we cannot look at your food diary......Are you a new mom?
  • Lithuria
    Options
    Have you read this yet? I think it may go some way to explain what's going on :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3047-700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing
  • mab0669
    Options
    You must not be calculating your calories correctly. There is no way you could be gaining if you are only eating 1400 calories a day. I don't trust any of the food in the data base that other members have added. I double check everything because i have seen so many errors and some of them are huge errors. Make sure you are counting everything that you eat.
  • izobel
    izobel Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Get to a doctor!! The numbers don't work.
  • ebony_jade
    Options
    @Lithuria

Wow, that really seemed to describe my situation really well (except for the always processed food thing, id say like 80% of the time I cook home meals, but I do binge once or twice a week - but as the study said, they are usually low calorie binges like a small pack of soy crisps or something), when I was 16-18 I did struggle with a mild from of Anorexia which I assumed would lead to a massive slump in my immune system but I didn't really attribute it to never being able to lose weight again haha.
    Oh I wish I could afford to see a real nutritionist and get a proper plan written up for me, I just don't know enough to help myself :(