Everyday Exercise or Need some rest days?

Options
Which do you prefer 7 Days Straight Exercise or Need some Rest days like 1 to 2 Days?

because i found out some people are working out 7 days every week or everyday,,, but for me i prefer to have a rest days so that my body will be recovered to heal the muscle pain & recharge my energy & power.

Replies

• Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    bump to come back to
  • I can't do continuosly 7 days specially after a day i am going for 10k... i need a rest day... i usally have a rest day after 2 continuous days... 1 day 5k then next day 10k a rest day 10k next day again and a 5k next day a rest day again... 6 days gone...
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    IMO, you need rest days so that your muscles can recover, and so that you dont become fatigued. I have always been told that rest days are just as important as the exercise. Due to my schedule, I workout 5 nights in a row, however I have a different program for each session so that I am not working the same muscle groups 2 days in a row. My rest days are Saturday and Sunday.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you're doing. A lot of people are just starting, and exercise consists of light walks, slow swimming or the like. In that kind of situation, every day is fine. It's low stress, low impact and keeps you moving a little every day, which is good. If we're talking higher intensity workouts, either weight training or more strenuous cardio, then you definitely need rest days.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Vary your workouts, intensity and impact (ie run one day, weights the next, throw in some swimming, biking, walking etc)and you can exercise 7 days a week if you want to, you just have active recovery days rather than "rest" days.
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I prefer rest days. Some people don't need rest days or at least what my type of rest days are. But for now the type of rest days I take a good for me so I will stick to living this way until I start reacting to it in a way I do not like.
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I aim for exercise every day, but it usually works out to one rest day per week anyway due to not being able to fit it into my schedule. If I were trying to build muscle, I would definitely be more attentive to specifically scheduling in rest days, but I'm working on losing fat right now, and the strength training I do is nowhere near "heavy". I do have some days where I only do cardio and other days where I only do strength training.
  • laura_fat2fit
    laura_fat2fit Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I run 4 times a week on Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. So I have 'active' rest days throughout the week doing Blogilates Workout Vids x6 a week (around 30 mins)
  • jmyrtle
    jmyrtle Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I vote rest days initially I started out working seven days straight alternating weights with cardio. And then I had my first plateau for weeks I wasn't losing and then I reworked my diet and cut back on my exercise days.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Rest once a week. A long bath, a few at home spa treatments, and hanging out on the couch with my husband. My rest days are my rewards for all the hard work I've done the 6 days prior.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I need rest days to prevent injury and fatigue. If I didn't need a rest day, it would probably mean I wasn't working hard enough. That's just me, though. It's whatever works for you.
  • toothpastechica
    toothpastechica Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    My fitness "routine" is Monday weds fri, but I still walk on tues thurs (usually with a friend or my mom to double as social time) and do something active, a walk or canoe or hike....so I guess like others have said I have "active" rest days.
  • amtru2015
    amtru2015 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I go with 6 days a week and one rest day whenever i want---its not any set day, i just sometimes have days where I dont feel like it---as long as I havent already taken my one rest day
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    rest days. I love to exercise but I also love sitting on my @55.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    I'm active nearly every day. A rest day for me usually involves a walk or a cycle ride. I rarely have a completely sedentary day.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I'd love to stick to 6 days per week. I generally do 4-5 days.
    I like my rest days. Having said that, I'm willing to go for a stroll or something like that on rest days.
  • DoctorCheeba
    Options
    You really just have to listen to your body, everyone`s different! If you CAN workout all week and feel the strength to do it, then by all means. People should rest every so often though to give your body time to recover. I typically run 4-5 days a week and workout 5-6 days a week.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    i go 4 to 6 days. two to three running an the others walking, circuit training and my gazelle
  • Anna_Joys_Journey
    Anna_Joys_Journey Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    In the two months since I started working out, I've taken three rest days. Only one of those in the last month. In the past when I've tried to lose weight I've had scheduled rest days and when I take one its really hard to get back into working out. Now I do lighter activity days on Sundays, but don't have any days where I'm not active at all. Works for me! :)
  • urgravity01
    Options
    Hello,

Exercise is very important in your daily routine. But the main thing is that you are required to do exercise according to your body. If your exercise is very hard than your body then it creates some bad effects for your body. Dont do exercise daily. Take rest on that time when your body required.

thanks