Five Weeks - Realistic (NON-WEIGHT) GOAL

Options
I have five weeks from Friday before I go to a major convention and see a lot of people I don't see very often. I wouldn't be worried or upset except I've gained about 20 lbs since the last time I went and I know there's no realistic way for me to lose 20 lbs in 5 weeks
So my question is - could I feasibly drop one dress size in five weeks? Two dress sizes? What's a good goal I can set for myself?

I'm probably going to do Jillian Michael's Body Revolution 4 days a week and cardio 2x/wk.

The one thing I'm struggling with is calories but I guess I'll have to figure that out as I go.

Replies

• chandleradaway
    chandleradaway Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just remember, you're doing this for yourself, and not how others perceive you. As long as you have that mindset, in 5 weeks, I'm sure would be able to drop some serious poundage, and while you may not lose 20 lbs, I bet you'd be able to lose enough in that time that no-one would notice anything different. But more importantly, you would lose weight and become a healthier, more fit you. I constantly struggle with this kind of stuff myself. I wish you the best of luck!
  • ahmadfahmy
    ahmadfahmy Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I have five weeks from Friday before I go to a major convention and see a lot of people I don't see very often. I wouldn't be worried or upset except I've gained about 20 lbs since the last time I went and I know there's no realistic way for me to lose 20 lbs in 5 weeks
    So my question is - could I feasibly drop one dress size in five weeks? Two dress sizes? What's a good goal I can set for myself?

I'm probably going to do Jillian Michael's Body Revolution 4 days a week and cardio 2x/wk.

The one thing I'm struggling with is calories but I guess I'll have to figure that out as I go.

if your only goal is weight loss you need to focus on diet only. you will drop more weight your first week on a caloric deficit than exercise alone.
  • tigerlily42
    Options
    I am restricting my calories. The problem is I don't know what number to restrict them to. MFP has me at 1200 a day and then tells me to eat all the calories I burn from cardio. What I'm trying to decide is if I should eat all of them, half of them, etc. The only solution I've really come up with is to "eat a couple hundred more if I feel tired or really hungry".
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I'd eat 1400 and eat back half of your exercise calories.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I think it's realistic to drop a dress size in 5 weeks, possibly more. I look at people's result pictures from 30 Day Shred, Insanity, etc... and they do it, so why can't you? You'll just have to really work at it!
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options

10-15lbs wont make a huge difference since a lot of it will be water weight but maybe a dress size
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Going off your ticker and the weight loss you want to achieve I'd say you'll be starving yourself for vanity on 1200 calories, I'd definitely eat back every calorie burned if I was you. Go to http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ and see what your BMR is and don't go below that number.