Polar ft4 position? one for the ladies...

Options
Hiya,

Ive had a Polar Ft4 for about 6 months or so now, and Its doing the 00 thing intermittently,

But my question is this, do you wear the sensor right between your breasts, in line with the underwire of your bra? Or do you personally wear it directly under your breast?

I wear mine in the middle, but wonder if changing position may help the readings?

It works fine for maybe 8/10 workouts, should I just change both batteries regardless (watch and strap) but 6 months doesnt seem very long.

Thanks!

Replies

• Mamoonie
    Mamoonie Posts: 328
    Options
    Mine does the 00 thing when it's not wet enough. I usually wet it, restart the clock and it works fine from there.
    I wear it right under the breasts, and am careful to tuck it under the bra to make sure it has enough contact.
    This should not be a battery problem, the reading will just fade away when it's empty.
  • igypsy
    igypsy Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I find it works best when you put it on as tight as you can, as high up as you can... before putting on your bra. Then the bra goes over it.

Also be sure to rinse the strap after use - sometimes that can cause issues.
  • AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I wear mine right in the middle. I put the strap right up against the underside of my breast and I put my bra right over it. It does fine that way.
  • udamom
    udamom Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I put it under the band of my sports bra although sometimes it slips below it instead. I have never had a problem....but mine is only a couple of months old.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I wear mine under my bra line. I started getting 00 on mine when the sensor battery needed changing.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I stick mine inside my bra band with the sensor in between my boobs. It slips out if I'm jumping around a lot, but I just reach in and pull it back in place. It doesn't seem to matter anyways. Still reads really well.
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I wear mine under my bra line, with the sensor in the middle. I have only had the 00 problem a few times, when i first start it, never during a workout.
  • are822
    are822 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Mine does the 00 thing every few workouts as well. I've found that sometimes the best thing to do is stop it and restart the workout. It's frustrating, but has been the only thing that consistently makes it stop.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Make sure you wet the sensors on the back of the strap before every use. This helps the signal to travel. Also, rinse off the strap after every use.

Clean the strap every week or two depending on amount of usage. You can put it in the washing machine but do not put it in the drier! Or you can hand wash it with a little dish soap. Just make sure to rinse it really well.

As someone else said, make sure the strap is snug. Not so super tight that you can't breath or it twists but tight enough so it's not slipping/moving around. It should be about as snug as your bra is.

Make sure the transmitter is fully snapped on and that it is positioned in the middle of the chest.

If none of this works, it's probably time to change the battery. The one in the watch is very easy to replace but the hatch for the transmitter can be a tough one. I ended up bringing it to the local jeweler to have them replace it because I didn't want to damage it.

Here's a link to the manual for reference:

http://www.polar.com/e_manuals/FT4/Polar_FT4_user_manual_English/manual.pdf
  • louannsab
    louannsab Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I believe it has lost contact with your heart rate if the 00 thing shows up. Try to put a little water on the rubbery part of the strap before you begin.