how much does breast size affect body fat %?

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I just had this flash of trying to get the girls on a body mass scale all by themselves.

On another topic, I wonder how much fat is in my head....?

i'd love to know what my boobs weigh lol, then I could subtract it from my weigh ins :P

< professional boob weigher here...if you come over I have all the equipment to properly measure and weight breasts....and I do this all for free!
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    I just had this flash of trying to get the girls on a body mass scale all by themselves.

i'd love to know what my boobs weigh lol, then I could subtract it from my weigh ins :P

< professional boob weigher here...if you come over I have all the equipment to properly measure and weight breasts....and I do this all for free!

lol squeezing is an optional extra huh?
  • ndj1979
    Options

lol squeezing is an optional extra huh?

yes, I do offer a package of add ons....
  • ndj1979
    Options
    on a serious note ..you could do pushups, barbell chest press, incline press, etc etc...to remove a little fat from the breast area...but I still stand my original assertion that reducing breast size is heresy...
  • Tuesday20
    Tuesday20 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Me at the start of MFP:
    137lbs
    33.5% body fat
    E cup bra with a 34 inch back.

Me now:
    121lbs
    28% body fat
    I have a 30.5 inch back and I am 35.5 inches at the widest part of my bust. (Which would make me roughly a 30E bra, but I havent been shopping yet! ;D )

So, although I am smaller, lighter and my BF is really reduced, my ratios havent changed! Interesting! ;)
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    on a serious note ..you could do pushups, barbell chest press, incline press, etc etc...to remove a little fat from the breast area...but I still stand my original assertion that reducing breast size is heresy...
    ]

I can't do push ups and i play a lot of netball so my chest is reasonably toned lol
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Every woman is different in how much actual fat is in their breasts and how much is other breast tissue. So there is no one answer. Some women lose weight and body fat and their breasts also get much smaller as the fat diminishes. Some women have more tissue in their makeup and that doesn't shrink like the fat does.

^^^ This.^^^ I've lost now over 50 pounds and haven't shrunk a single cup size. I've lost inches around the band (from a 44 to a 38) but still an H cup. I have been told at past well-woman appointments that I have "dense and plentiful" breast tissue so my guess is that the only way I'll end up with smaller breasts is with a surgeon's help.

It's nice to hear these stories among all the "omg my boobs shrunk" posts I've seen here. I've lost about 20lbs this year and haven't noticed a cup size difference yet (always been at least a C cup even when I was a teenager), I'd be very happy to still be a D cup and be back down to my 18-year-old weight as well. Bonus boobs! :D
  • BranMuffin86
    BranMuffin86 Posts: 314 Member
    Options

Me too!! I've always wondered. I'm a DDD and they have to easily but adding about 20lbs to me! LOL
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Every woman is different in how much actual fat is in their breasts and how much is other breast tissue. So there is no one answer. Some women lose weight and body fat and their breasts also get much smaller as the fat diminishes. Some women have more tissue in their makeup and that doesn't shrink like the fat does.

This. I've lost about 9" in my bust, but my ribcage has lost more, so I've actually gone up in cup size (up to an H from D before) even though my breasts are much smaller than they were. Cup size is all relative to your band size.
    at my heighest 215lbs (at 5'1) I was a 44DDD
    at my lowest 160lbs I was a 38DD
    now Im somewhere probably closer to a 40DD (I gained back 13lbs)

my goal is to be a 36DD again that's what I was 24 and I had a 29 inch waist and 132lbs, but I am quite a few years older now so I don't expect that I'll ever get back there but one can always hope & train likea beast to get to that point again

ONWARD
    Phrick I'm with you - I had lost 54 lbs last year (gained a bit back with some health issues but on my way again). I went from a 44DDD to a 36G which is where I'm still at. Even when I weighed 104, I was still a 36DD. It's different for everybody.

I think you ladies need to be professionally measured. Swedishwillow, if you had a 29 inch waist & you were wearing a 36 inch band, it sounds like you are sizing up in the band to get a cup volume that will actually fit your breasts. This is a hugely common mistake that women make because most stores don't carry bras over DD. The method of adding 4" to your underbust measurement (or measuring over your breasts like Victoria's Secret) will give you an ill fitting bra. Your band size should be really close to the actual underbust measurement.

I encourage everyone to get measured professionally at a specialty bra shop or a store like Nordstrom's. If the store you are in doesn't carry a cup over DDD, than they more likely to fit you in the incorrect bra so that they can sell you something. If there isn't a bra shop close to you, the online calculator at http://www.sophisticatedpair.com/bracalculator.htm is very accurate.
  • aliceallure
    aliceallure Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to know how much my boobs weigh!!
    I'm a 32F, so I'm sure they must weigh a fair amount!
  • LarryDUk
    LarryDUk Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Surely Breasts are what we would all consider the 'good' fat?
  • elvensnow
    elvensnow Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I think you ladies need to be professionally measured. Swedishwillow, if you had a 29 inch waist & you were wearing a 36 inch band, it sounds like you are sizing up in the band to get a cup volume that will actually fit your breasts. This is a hugely common mistake that women make because most stores don't carry bras over DD. The method of adding 4" to your underbust measurement (or measuring over your breasts like Victoria's Secret) will give you an ill fitting bra. Your band size should be really close to the actual underbust measurement.

I encourage everyone to get measured professionally at a specialty bra shop or a store like Nordstrom's. If the store you are in doesn't carry a cup over DDD, than they more likely to fit you in the incorrect bra so that they can sell you something. If there isn't a bra shop close to you, the online calculator at http://www.sophisticatedpair.com/bracalculator.htm is very accurate.

This is great information! I always felt picking out bras for myself was a crapshoot at best. And the various ways people say to measure.... The way Victorias Secret did it (over the chest) never made sense to me! Glad to see I was right in my assumption that the band size should be closely equal to your chest measurement. That's how I was always told.

Since I was never sure if I was wearing the right size, I can't say 100% positive but I believe my chest has stayed relatively the same. I was usually wearing a 40DD-42D, and now I wear somewhere around a 36D-38D. But I certainly feel my breasts seem bigger just because of the better body shape I have, relatively speaking. And from what I hear, doing chest exercises like presses or pushups really help to shape the breasts. Basically, the better your pec muscles are, the firmer and "perkier" your breasts will look!
  • BunkyBumBum
    BunkyBumBum Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I tried weighing my boobs once on my kitchen scale, because I'm all mad-scientific like that.

I get an F for accuracy, but I did my best. They weigh just over 2 pounds each.

I went from a 38-40 H to (minus 65 pounds) a 34 G. My boob progress is slow, I'd love to be a D cup someday and walk in and buy a bra that wasn't stored in the bottom of some drawer at the lingerie shop sitting on a $100 price tag, I've got 20 pounds to goal and I fight with it like crazy, I suspect my boobs will be the last thing to go.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

image-59.jpg~original

I once dunked mine in a full bowl of water and then saw how much water I displaced but I was more concerned with volume rather than weight. If I could know both, then it would be density city, baby!

It was that day I learned that one truly is larger than the other... by about 15 ml.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I'd say you gotta find out how much of your breasts are breast tissue vs. fat.

This. Most woman who have large breasts when they are not overweight just have more breast tissue instead of fat stores. I was a 32DD at my lowest BF% of around 18%.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

Haha, I was thinking the same thing yesterday! ^

I'm currently a D cup, desperate to get back to a B cup. I really REALLY dislike big boobs.

this line of thought should be banned from MFP and forums everywhere....

You would think differently if you had to lug these things around trying to fit them into tops properly... They are a major pain

in regards to the OP... I have been wondering the same thing.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    ]

I can't do push ups and i play a lot of netball so my chest is reasonably toned lol

would you like a free assessment of how toned??
  • mommabenefield
    mommabenefield Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options

This. I've lost about 9" in my bust, but my ribcage has lost more, so I've actually gone up in cup size (up to an H from D before) even though my breasts are much smaller than they were. Cup size is all relative to your band size.
    at my heighest 215lbs (at 5'1) I was a 44DDD
    at my lowest 160lbs I was a 38DD
    now Im somewhere probably closer to a 40DD (I gained back 13lbs)

my goal is to be a 36DD again that's what I was 24 and I had a 29 inch waist and 132lbs, but I am quite a few years older now so I don't expect that I'll ever get back there but one can always hope & train likea beast to get to that point again

ONWARD
    Phrick I'm with you - I had lost 54 lbs last year (gained a bit back with some health issues but on my way again). I went from a 44DDD to a 36G which is where I'm still at. Even when I weighed 104, I was still a 36DD. It's different for everybody.

thanks for sharing the info!!

I dont think i have ever worn a properly fitted bra :grumble: .... Stores NEVER have my size and it drives me nuts :brokenheart: My band is either too big or the cups arent properly fitted :grumble: My best guess is that i should be in a 36 band but they always fit me to a 38 because its super hard to find a 36 DDD/E
    Its really hard to buy them online because you dont really know how the comfort and feel will be
    So i will be checking this out... Hopefully with a little weight loss this bra shopping business will be easier

lol another poster mentioned 20lbs for the weight of hers... (lol i secretly blame mine for at least 10lbs of my extra weight...15 on bad days lolololol :wink: )

tumblr_mpa9e72cl71svbfs0o1_400.gif

(cause i cant hardly leave a thread without a gif attached *shrugs*)
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing breast size differential is part of the relatively wider range in essential body fats for women (9-12%). So something like 1-3%.
  • AEMW8
    AEMW8 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Good question since I just recently found out that I was getting the wrong size. I went from a 44 F to a 44 G/H. I get my bras at Lane Bryant and they are most certainly NOT cheap. It's a hit or miss if I can find them in the actual store, especially around sale time. It's like the really big boobied girls come in and raid them before I can get enough money to buy 2.

In my early years of boob-hood I was always a C or D. It literally was like go to bed and next morning 'BOOM', I had boobs. I started wearing bras in 4/5th grade and had been a D cup for the longest time until my junior year in high school. I got put on anti-depressants and suddenly I was DD/E overnight. Then it gradually got up to F and now to their current size. I'd love to get back to a D without losing too much ratio overall if that makes any sense.