CRAVINGS!!!!

Options
It seems like I constantly have a craving for deep fried, salty, or sweet food. I do enjoy these things once in a while but it seems like if I have just a little serving of Doritos it turns into an all night binge fest where all I can do is stuff my face. I eat healthy, nutritious food most of the time so its not like my body is 'missing' something. I do not know how to overcome these cravings? It's like 2 days of healthy eating and staying within my calorie goal and then BAM I need to eat a bag of chips or some deep-fried chicken fingers.

Anyone who has experienced this know how to kill the cravings?

Replies

• CajunTexan33
    CajunTexan33 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmm...are you sure you are eating enough calories prior to the days when the bingeing happens?? Sometime I get ravenous and nothing can help me if I am working out and undereating.. same for days when I accidentally miss breakfast. Also if you have a planned once a week treat or cheat day or cheat meal..it helps take away the stigma of having something "bad". When you have what you are craving..like the doritos..then go into punishment mode..youre much more likely to keep emotionally eating because in your mind you already "messed up". Another thing with salty cravings- be sure you are getting enough water- sounds cliche but so very necessary for your body and electrolytes to be in balance. i have at least two liters a day (half your body weight in oz. on a normal day- more inf you are working out)

Just a few things to consider- not sure which will apply to you.l.but hang in there!!!
  • NickeeCoco
    NickeeCoco Posts: 130
    Options
    When I feel the need to stuff my face, I've learned it's because my body wants more protein. So I'll eat a grilled pork chop or a turkey breast. Works for me. It's also pretty common. A lot of people, when they crave sweets, it's actually protein their body wants.

Here's a pretty awesome craving chart to take a look at:

http://www.dailytransformations.com/food-cravings-here-is-what-your-body-really-wants/