Does anyone do Kettlebell Work Outs?

Options
zeetje
zeetje Posts: 36 Member
Can you please share your experience with it?

Replies

• ackdyolen
    ackdyolen Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE kettlebell workouts!! In fact, I'm doing a kettlebell class at the gym this afternoon. A kettlebell is so versatile, you can do many, many exercises with it -- full body workouts. They come in a huge variety of weights so you can pick one that's most comfortable for you (I usually go 10-15 pounds for my workouts).

I'm not sure about the rules on posting links to other sites, so I don't want to post anything, but if you Google "kettlebell workouts" you'll get several great articles with different kettlebell exercises you can do.
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Bump, would like to know too, just bought one on the weekend!
  • zeetje
    Options
    Thanks for responding, I actually ordered a training DVD incl 16k kettle bell, couple of months ago :blushing: still need to get started.... Is it as good as they tell you? for losing weight, toning and gaining muscle?

Or.... will I be wasting my time with it, and start some other work out?
  • cbarn025
    cbarn025 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I do CrossFit and we use them. They are evil little devices. Seriously though they are great for developing hip explosion.
  • nicolemarie045
    nicolemarie045 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have been working with them for 2 years, I LOVE them. Its a great way to get in some weight training when you don't feel like hitting up the weight room. They have made me stronger and better at everything else, especially running..which I didn't expect. Plus, they are just fun. But make sure to get proper training on form, as they can also injure you badly if you aren't doing exercises with proper form :)
  • SpleenThief
    SpleenThief Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    You get a great bang for your buck. Pretty much all exercises target multiple muscle groups. 30 minute workout can get a lot done and it's easy to build a lot of variety into your routine.

I'm newer with them but LOVE them. I'm primarily a runner and have a few routines I use. One focuses on core/shoulders/back another focuses on legs/glutes/back/core.
  • Luvmichnata
    Luvmichnata Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I love them too! Biggest bang for your buck on a calorie burn. I use Iron Core Kettle dvd's and they are terrific. Nothing gets your heart rate going like a kettle bell workout. Great definition in my arms from them. If I could only do one type of workout it would be kettle bells for sure :)
  • awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I go every Wednesday and Saturday at my gym and I'm addicted. It's a challenging, effective workout that can be done in a short period of time. We usually do interval training with each movement being 30 seconds to 1 minute and immediately switch to the next one, no break. It's good cardio, and I hate cardio, so it works for me. just remember to keep your core as tight as you can so you don't hurt your back on some of the movements (like kettlebell swings). Good luck and enjoy!
  • nanook37
    nanook37 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have be doing the livefitrevolution.org kettlebell workouts for about 11 weeks and love it - If you want some free workouts and instruction by a RKC trainer check it out...
  • Alpina483
    Alpina483 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    more links for kettlebell beginners! ))
  • zeetje
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I will start with my first set tonight!
  • zeetje
    Options
    I have be doing the livefitrevolution.org kettlebell workouts for about 11 weeks and love it - If you want some free workouts and instruction by RKC trainer check it out...

Thank you for the tip!!! I just did the 1st work out and I actually LOVED it!!! it's much better than the DVD's I purchased. Once again Thanks!
  • starmickey03
    starmickey03 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Fitnessblender.com has amazing FREE workouts.
    Theyre on YouTube too. Just type "FitnessBlender" into the search bar on there and their videos will come up.
    On FaceBook as well.
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Yes, my favorite workouts. Youtube has some great videos for kettlebells.
  • nanook37
    nanook37 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have be doing the livefitrevolution.org kettlebell workouts for about 11 weeks and love it - If you want some free workouts and instruction by RKC trainer check it out...

Thank you for the tip!!! I just did the 1st work out and I actually LOVED it!!! it's much better than the DVD's I purchased. Once again Thanks!

Alisha has really put together a nice program that building in difficulty, but not really in length since all the workouts are between 40 and 50 minutes, which is why I like it better than the Fitness Blender stuff (not they aren't great workouts though...)
  • thepiratemd
    Options
    kettle bell swings with a 50 lb bell is pretty much an awesome total body blast. 100 swings (with however many breaks you need) is a great way to get your heart rate up
  • risacup7
    risacup7 Posts: 1
    Options
    thank you im try that...i got kettlebell over last weekend..love it
  • whatevany
    whatevany Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi guys I have a question about the kettlebell workout. I plan on going to my first kettlebell class tonight at the gym, and it lasts an hour. Would I be getting a decent cardio workout? I would love to just do the class and skip the treadmill :smile: Thanks!
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    You wont need the treadmill, I would skip it for tonight.
    Hi guys I have a question about the kettlebell workout. I plan on going to my first kettlebell class tonight at the gym, and it lasts an hour. Would I be getting a decent cardio workout? I would love to just do the class and skip the treadmill :smile: Thanks!
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I started a kettlebell class last week and so far I'm loving it! The class is 45 mins and definitely gets the heart rate up, I'm going to buy my own kettlebell to use at home too.