30 Day Shred Challenge

Options

Replies

• pclark18
    pclark18 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just did my first day yesterday, I found a couple of the weight sets difficult but I got through it. On to day two.
  • ariel1116
    ariel1116 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    ya you need hand weight...i dont have that so ive been using food from my pantry like pasta sauce jars.
  • ariel1116
    ariel1116 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    i would like to join too..im on day 5 level 1.
  • CountryGirl8542
    CountryGirl8542 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Day 4 for me in t-minus 5 minutes!!!
  • mrszee1
    mrszee1 Posts: 11
    Options
    I'd like to join today. I know I'm coming in late, but I'm starting anyway. If you don't hear from me tomorrow, someone come peel me off the floor!!!
  • Barbellgirl
    Barbellgirl Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    So I met with my Doctor and dietitian today... they both advised me that doing the 30 day shred workouts without any breaks is not a good idea.... they suggested that I do the following:

Level 1: Monday - Friday for two weeks
    Level 2: Monday - Friday for two weeks
    Level 3: Monday - Friday for two weeks

That would give me every Sat/Sunday off... also puts me finishing the program on August 30th... What are your thoughts??

Hi Corinne, I started the day after you so count on me. I hate cardio and look for short but intense and preferably strength based programs to meet my cardio needs. So far I love this program. I've been using 5 lb dumbbells and I will tell you it hurts. I agree with your doctor and I'll probably do the same thing with taking two days off for rest. There's enough strength in this workout (if you use a challenging weight) to warrant the rest IMO. :)
  • CountryGirl8542
    Options
    So I met with my Doctor and dietitian today... they both advised me that doing the 30 day shred workouts without any breaks is not a good idea.... they suggested that I do the following:

Level 1: Monday - Friday for two weeks
    Level 2: Monday - Friday for two weeks
    Level 3: Monday - Friday for two weeks

That would give me every Sat/Sunday off... also puts me finishing the program on August 30th... What are your thoughts??

Hi Corinne, I started the day after you so count on me. I hate cardio and look for short but intense and preferably strength based programs to meet my cardio needs. So far I love this program. I've been using 5 lb dumbbells and I will tell you it hurts. I agree with your doctor and I'll probably do the same thing with taking two days off for rest. There's enough strength in this workout (if you use a challenging weight) to warrant the rest IMO. :)

Thanks! I have been using 2lbs and it hurts so bad!!! I am tired of listening to that woman talk so I started playing my music and just watching the video.. I find I work way harder with my own beats.... The days off will work well for me as I have a wedding to go to on August 17th... so I wont feel bad for missing a day or two while being out of town. I am hoping to fit into a white dress I have that no longer fits... I am going to try it on today just to see if it is even possible.. haven't worn it in so long... but it will make me work harder!
  • Barbellgirl
    Barbellgirl Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Such a great goal. I firmly believe in setting short range goals that are tangible. You'll get there, I have no doubt! :)
  • BMoxie2013
    BMoxie2013 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    haha! It makes me laugh when I hear people complain about her! She really can be annoying! I sometimes do the exercises and need to look down and sideways so muting her is not an option in RI 30. I wish! She says "Perfection!" after a lot of different exercises and then gets into her motivational voice and says "it's not about perfection, Perfect sucks!...etc." Make up your mind Jillian! And she spanks one of the girls and says she can't help herself. But she does kick butt! I'm walking around with that as-long-as-I-don't-bend, reach or stretch-I'm not feeling a thing. haha

Hope you all do your best today! We can do anything for a half hour, right? Including listening to her...
  • CountryGirl8542
    Options
    I know I will do it this time :) I am so motivated... I have been eating well for a month now.... I still binge sometimes as I have a very emotional relationship with food but I always get back on the horse. Eating the healthy foods is now a habit... so it is a lot easier.. the exercising has only been happening for me since Monday when I started this 30DS so it is still motivation... looking forward to it being a habit though... it is hard getting up at 6 am to workout... and if I don't do it in the morning I won't do it at all.... I like getting the hardest part of the healthy life style over and done with first!

For anyone who wants to join in.... feel free.... it doesn't matter when you start working out.... it is just awesome to have a big group of people that are all doing similar things to help motivate each other and support each other as well as share results if comfortable.
  • cbroadberry
    cbroadberry Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    hi all

I just started 30DS this morning. Is it too late to join?? Last time i got to level 2 day 2, but hurt my ankle so had to stop :(

I WILL finish it this time tho!!

Please add me if your just starting too xx
  • danirosevoelkel
    danirosevoelkel Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Hey shredders! I'll be on day 3 lvl 1 tonight with my new 3lb weights and oh man do those weights make a difference. Bumping up from 1lb weights...wow...

Glad to see you all!
  • Melaney1
    Melaney1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm on day 4 of level one.
    This is my 2nd time trying but this time I'm going to make it through till the end. I really want to see what the my personal results will be. Good luck everyone!
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 8 today! I mix it up between 3 and 5lb weights depending on the exercise. When I get to circuit 3 I do the flys with the 5s and the next move with the 3s. First time I did that the second move felt so much easier!

Does anyone else absolutely die during the jump rope part or is it just me?
  • lolalament
    lolalament Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I tried to start today, but don't have the remote control for my DVD player and can't get it to start the workout without it.
  • CountryGirl8542
    Options
    I tried to start today, but don't have the remote control for my DVD player and can't get it to start the workout without it.

It is on youtube for free!!
  • justdoit2322
    justdoit2322 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I started today! How long should I do level 1? 2? Is there a 3?
  • seraphinelle
    seraphinelle Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Day 4 completed. Was difficult getting out of bed today. And I suspect it will be difficult again tomorrow and Saturday. I start work an hour earlier, so have to wake up even earlier to fit in the work out.

Anyway, glad I did it anyway.
  • ashleachrysafis
    Options
    Your supposed to do each level for 10 days =). For me I found the first day easy and didn't think it was a bad workout (felt it was fairly easy) but after about day 4 / 5 I could barely walk my muscles hurt so much. You definitely need to be able to push yourself through and just get on with it =). Good luck to you all.
  • Day 3 today and it was tough. Everything burned.

But..Jillian kindly reminded me that she had 400 pound people doing jumping jacks so I could do it too.