Tips & Tricks

Options
Any tips and tricks to how you lost/ are losing the weight?

I have no motivation this go round.

My only tip is diet green tea. It really helped boost my metabolism and speed up my weight loss. Love what it does for my body.

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Get your mind right, get motivated, and eat enough to fuel your workouts based on your activity level..
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    As corny as it sounds, I read a quote that I recite in my head anytime I am feeling unmotivated to work out. "The long term emotional pain of being overweight is far worse than the temporary pain of working out".

Obviously there is more to it than that, but that little line gets me out of bed to go to the gym and makes me push harder when I feel like I can't pedal any further (I do cycling for cardio).
  • amanduh9911
    amanduh9911 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love the quote! Ill have to remember that!

Ive been doing around 1000 calories a day.. healthy, whole foods so its not like im starving. Most of it is veggies, lean meat and fruits. I think Im going to move up to around 1200 tho because im doing insanity and burn around 6-800 calories per workout.
  • SJVZEE
    SJVZEE Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I lost 50lbs doing alternate day intermittent fasting-definitely not a main stream plan, but it worked great for me and now my mom is having great success with it :)
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    The trick is to just put the tip in.

Wait, what? That's what he said.
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    If you're exercising that much, you should be eating at least 1500 calories. It's much easier to stick with a reasonable amount of calories.
  • jayebennett
    Options
    you need to take a day away from everything and everyone and focus on yourself. you need to discover what YOUR motivation is. is it a size, is it a dress, is it a feeling,etc. only you can discover this and any tip, trick, or quote will only be temporary until you find out why you are doing this. find that motivation/goal, set a time to it (i.e. 6 mo, 1 yr, etc) and then make mini goals. but all of this must be according to what works for YOU. what motivates you, what can you afford, what are your obstacles, what are your successes.

at the end of the day, all i can say is, "Know Thyself"
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    IN

For tips and tricks
  • jrue1985
    jrue1985 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I love the quote! Ill have to remember that!

Ive been doing around 1000 calories a day.. healthy, whole foods so its not like im starving. Most of it is veggies, lean meat and fruits. I think Im going to move up to around 1200 tho because im doing insanity and burn around 6-800 calories per workout.

You are not eating enough. This can hinder your results of either losing weight and/or toning and firming up. You need to find a calculator and figure out what you should ACTUALLY be eating, not what YOU think you should be eating. Clearly you need help with that.
  • ValerieJean
    ValerieJean Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I agree, i actually had to stop insanity.. I was exercising too much and only eating 1200 calories, and for 34 days i lost nothing. I think my body went into starvation mode but i was eating, just exercising too much.. I had to choose between exercising less or start eating more and it was just hard for me to eat more, so i stopped the insanity and i started alternating between Jillian Michaels Cardio Kickboxing and Turbo Jam Fat blaster. I burn 500 calories doing both of them, one is 25 minutes the other is 30 minutes, just depends how i feel that day, Cardio Kickboxing is very similar to Insanity, lots of jumping jacks, jump rope, punching and kicking. I am really excited that this week i only exercised once but i kept at my 1200 calories and i still lost 2.2 lbs, the key really is to eat 1200 calories, when you exercise, you give yourself more calories to eat but eating your calories is very very very important. If i am eating a big dinner or fast food, then i make sure to exercise that day so it gives me 500 more calories. Hasn't failed me yet, i pretty much eat what i want as long as its under the calorie goal... chips, anything i make sure to mark the calories. Good luck
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    What has worked for me is to eat as much fresh fruit and vegetables as I can, stay away from the processed stuff and drink LOTS of water.
  • Fat2FitQueen
    Fat2FitQueen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    As corny as it sounds, I read a quote that I recite in my head anytime I am feeling unmotivated to work out. "The long term emotional pain of being overweight is far worse than the temporary pain of working out".

Obviously there is more to it than that, but that little line gets me out of bed to go to the gym and makes me push harder when I feel like I can't pedal any further (I do cycling for cardio).
    wow I love this thnx (((HUGS)))
  • jrue1985
    jrue1985 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    OMG! I am in it now just to read the bashing when people read some of the advice she has received.... These threads make me giggle.
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Do one thing for 30 days, 30 days is how long it generally takes to develop a habit. I use this to create good habits. Small steps; drink lemon water first thing in the morning for 30 days - don't miss a single day. Go for a walk every day for 30 days, don't eat after 7pm for 30 days, this is an easy way for me to develop new habits so I break my bad habits with initial effort, but with no effort over time.

This works well for me :)
  • Fat2FitQueen
    Options
    pls explain how this goes thnx (annette) willing to try new things:flowerforyou:
  • Fat2FitQueen
    Options
    Do one thing for 30 days, 30 days is how long it generally takes to develop a habit. I use this to create good habits. Small steps; drink lemon water first thing in the morning for 30 days - don't miss a single day. Go for a walk every day for 30 days, don't eat after 7pm for 30 days, this is an easy way for me to develop new habits so I break my bad habits with initial effort, but with no effort over time.

This works well for me :)
    wow sounds hard but easy @ the same time gonna try this thnx (((HUGS)))
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Nothing too revolutionary but here are the things that have finally helped me this time:

Logging everything, good and bad
    Not cutting anything out - everything in moderation
    Bringing lunch to work
    Being active on mfp - supporting friends and getting support in return
    Keeping a huge bottle of water at my desk
    Focusing on being healthy and keeping up with all this, rather than the numbers
    Not falling for the gimmicks - I eat what I want within my calories, no trick foods, no I don't eat after X time, no cleanses etc. calories in v calories out.
    Looking at this as a lifestyle rather than a quick fix - my lifestyle includes eating out, drinking occasionally, vacations etc. I figure out a way to work mfp into all that, and if I can't, oh well, tomorrow is another day.
  • __delete
    __delete Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy things up.

Put them down.

Eat ice cream.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    CHALENE JOHNSON
  • meadow_sage
    meadow_sage Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    you need to take a day away from everything and everyone and focus on yourself. you need to discover what YOUR motivation is. is it a size, is it a dress, is it a feeling,etc. only you can discover this and any tip, trick, or quote will only be temporary until you find out why you are doing this. find that motivation/goal, set a time to it (i.e. 6 mo, 1 yr, etc) and then make mini goals. but all of this must be according to what works for YOU. what motivates you, what can you afford, what are your obstacles, what are your successes.

at the end of the day, all i can say is, "Know Thyself"

Great advice! I would like to add that the goals you set are realistic, yet challenging.