I need help

Options
I don't understand how to use this plan need a diet plan what to eat I am a vegetarian and my stomach can't hold meat please help

Replies

• Scienceteacher42
    Scienceteacher42 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    MYP isn't really a diet plan, it is a way to keep track of what you are eating, so you can make better choices. You put in your goals, and it tells you how many calories you should eat and about how much of those calories should be protein, fat, and carbohydrates.

You then log everything you eat. If you are trying to decide what to eat, you can look it up before you eat it and see how many calories it holds and it helps you make a better decision. Rather than just eating what you are told by a program and then not being able to keep the weight off when you get off of the program, you are able to modify your eating so that you can create better habit and learn how to make good decisions. It also has a community that help support you as you try to make better decisions.
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    MYP isn't really a diet plan, it is a way to keep track of what you are eating, so you can make better choices. You put in your goals, and it tells you how many calories you should eat and about how much of those calories should be protein, fat, and carbohydrates.

You then log everything you eat. If you are trying to decide what to eat, you can look it up before you eat it and see how many calories it holds and it helps you make a better decision. Rather than just eating what you are told by a program and then not being able to keep the weight off when you get off of the program, you are able to modify your eating so that you can create better habit and learn how to make good decisions. It also has a community that help support you as you try to make better decisions.

This....good luck to you!!
  • 1reddeva
    1reddeva Posts: 3
    Options
    try looking into trim down club freebes on their website. they have recipes for any diet restiction. but continue logging your food intake and exercise here so you can guarantee your success. :wink:
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    The great thing about MFP is that it's NOT a diet. You plug all of your information into the "Goals" section of the website and then eat the calorie goal that it gives you (plus at least some of your exercise calories). You don't have to eat anything special or cut out certain foods unless you want to. You can eat anything you want as long as it fits into your calories for the day.
    I'm a vegetarian as well, and I currently have a calorie goal of 1500 + exercise calories. I eat a lot of salads and "healthy" meals, but I also eat things like pizza, pasta, and dessert. I do track my macros (protein/fat/carbs) and try to keep those numbers in mind when I eat, but I focus primarily on meeting my protein goal, which I do by eating nuts, seeds, beans, cheese, and sometimes protein supplements like shakes and bars.

The beauty of MFP is in its simplicity. :smile: