How do you rewards youself?

Options
2»

Replies

• YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Don't reward yourself with food!

My reward myself with beauty treatments :) Facial or a hair treatment.
  • ddzubow
    ddzubow Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Try putting a dollar in a jar anytime you work out, the more you workout the more you'll save. Then when you reach a goal, go buy yourself something! That's what I'm doing, I'm saving for a new tattoo :)

This ^^

Or also, you could sign up for a program like GymPact. They basically pay you to workout - you set a goal for the week, say 5 workouts. If you reach your goal for that week, you get paid. HOWEVER, if you miss any workouts, you end up having to pay them $5 per workout. It's great motivation because a) you can make a little cash for doing something you want to do anyway, and b) workout or pay up - I find that a great motivator!
  • JasminBillings2922
    Options
    I have rewards set up like so:

5 pounds lighter: Movie date
    10 pounds: Make up haul! (Except for me..I want a haircut.)
    15 pounds: Whoever in the house reaches this point first has no chores for a week. You can arrange that with your family.
    and so on and so forth. The more weight you lose, the better the prize will be.
    I lost 5lbs.. where's my movie date??? D:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Try putting a dollar in a jar anytime you work out, the more you workout the more you'll save. Then when you reach a goal, go buy yourself something! That's what I'm doing, I'm saving for a new tattoo :)

This ^^

Or also, you could sign up for a program like GymPact. They basically pay you to workout - you set a goal for the week, say 5 workouts. If you reach your goal for that week, you get paid. HOWEVER, if you miss any workouts, you end up having to pay them $5 per workout. It's great motivation because a) you can make a little cash for doing something you want to do anyway, and b) workout or pay up - I find that a great motivator!

Awesome tip... I never knew they had this..

OP- I reward myself with a protein shake afterwards lol
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I am rewarding myself with lipsticks! ???? For every pound i lose.
    i was able to order one this weekend!!
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    My reward is how great I feel after a workout.... My reward is the changes I see in the mirror or on the scale........ My reward is going back the next day to do it again.......

THIS!!!
  • adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Anything non food related. For me it's a nice warm bath and a book (plus the bath usually soothes my aching muscles- double win!) but really anything non food related you enjoy. Don't ever use food, that's how unhealthy relationships can start and maintain. The aim is to be food neutral- to take pleasure in eating, but to not use it as a psychological tool to provide motivation, to comfort, to make you happy etc. it's a hard balance, but once you master it, its worth achieving in my opinion.
  • nyrina4life
    nyrina4life Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    *Reward* I am having trouble finding the motivation to make the time to exercise. I was thinking that maybe if i rewarded myself in some small way ONLY after exercising, it might help. I'd prefer it wasn't food of any kind. Maybe a smoothie or something though. Any ideas?

Well, what do you really want to do? To work toward??? Running a 5k? Zip-line? Horse back riding, etc...?

I know my motivation is long, white and looks good on me now but will look better on me when I drop 10 sizes. Also, I think about my Honeymoon next year, and how much easier it will be on me to get up and move about the plane during the long flight from Reno to Barcelona, Spain.

Sure, I still fall off the motivational bandwagon and have a Debbie downer kind of day, but I still keep going at it.

Simple rewards: A movie at the end of the week if you exercise daily... or three times a day. Or a new book... whatever your passion is.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I know this is probably NOT what you want to hear but losing weight is its own reward. I find myself more and more motivated when I see losses in weight and gains in strength. I know that everyone is different and all but if you are serious about losing weight you should push yourself to motivate yourself. I had a hard time at first and yes, I thought I needed motivation from another source but as soon as I saw results I wanted to push on to get even better. Hope you can find your motivation.

I agree with this. However I am a hypocrite and reward myself anyways. But it is things like rent a kayak and or standup paddle board for the day. Sign up for a mud run. As I am getting fitter and healthier I reward myself by doing and trying new physical activities I either want to try or have been working towards. Like tomorrow I am rewarding myself by registering for my first half marathon.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Like many of the posters above, I do fitness related rewards. I buy used exercise equipment or go buy some cute clothes from a thrift shop, ( because I don't want to buy new if I'm just gonna be too small for them). My ultimate reward will be a Biggest Loser style makeover week, that I will do once I'm at my goal weight. You know, new clothes, hairstyle and or colour, along with a fitness/glamour photo that I can post on Facebook as my new profile pic. Can't wait. :blushing:
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    lingerie
    high heeled boots to the knees.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    lingerie
  • slenderyeppie
    slenderyeppie Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I read from Power of Habit that it's important to have an immediate reward after something hard.

I bought different amazing-smelling body wash and after each work out, take an amazing shower with whatever body wash I feel like at the moment. Something small but fun and immediate.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    lingerie

Aw yesssss. New lingerie fixes everything.
  • HeadsPoppingOutOfCups
    Options
    Little rewards every 5 lbs and bigger rewards on more milestones weigh ins. I'm hoping to reach 10 lbs at my weigh in this week so I can by myself my second reward. First two are small pieces of jewelery. I can't wait for the 30 lb weigh in because that one is set as an audiobooks.com subscription.
  • myrightweight
    myrightweight Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I read from Power of Habit that it's important to have an immediate reward after something hard.

I bought different amazing-smelling body wash and after each work out, take an amazing shower with whatever body wash I feel like at the moment. Something small but fun and immediate.

I really like this idea - immediate aromatherapy!
  • Lealooo
    Lealooo Posts: 4
    Options
    I've been getting myself a new Alex and Ani bracelet for every 10lbs lost. It's a great reward for me because I love jewelry, but I rarely spend money on myself. And having a visual reminder on my wrist feels great. Only two so far but I'm on my way to #3 and more!
  • TheGirlWhoWaitedToRun
    TheGirlWhoWaitedToRun Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Wow tons of good ideas! Thank you guys! I think I might just do a mash up of them all :)
    I really like clothes or jewelry as a reward. Maybe a new top/ring/necklace every 10 pounds.