5x a week workout/1200 calories a day no change ;/ WTF

Options

Replies

• hotjacki85
    hotjacki85 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    i should have said.... i am adding my excercise calories back into my diet... i am follwing MFP to a T

I am confused....I thought you said "Every day I was between 1200 and 1400 calories (my BMR is 1600) per MFP's instruction"

MFP is just a calculator....What do you have your loss rate set to? Change it to 1lb / week or so.....Don't eat below your BMR. Don't eat back all your exercise calories unless you are 100% sure you #1 - Burned what it said #2 - Haven't underestimated your food intake at all.

I am set at 1200 calories a day... my estimated BMR is 1600... per MFP im set to lose 2 lbs a week. I gain about 350-450 calories a day with excericse...so at the end of the day with 1200 calories+excercise i am consuming 1550-1650 calories a day.

IDK im not expecting a miracle weight loss in a week. but i know my body and i have done this lil break before and it helped me lose 35 lbs. Usually the first week i drop 2 lbs.... ill give it some time. :) Thanks for the help
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Thats what I am trying to explain to you. It's not enough. Change MFP to target 1lb/week and you will be at more reasonable #s.
    i should have said.... i am adding my excercise calories back into my diet... i am follwing MFP to a T

I am confused....I thought you said "Every day I was between 1200 and 1400 calories (my BMR is 1600) per MFP's instruction"

MFP is just a calculator....What do you have your loss rate set to? Change it to 1lb / week or so.....Don't eat below your BMR. Don't eat back all your exercise calories unless you are 100% sure you #1 - Burned what it said #2 - Haven't underestimated your food intake at all.

I am set at 1200 calories a day... my estimated BMR is 1600... per MFP im set to lose 2 lbs a week. I gain about 350-450 calories a day with excericse...so at the end of the day with 1200 calories+excercise i am consuming 1550-1650 calories a day.

IDK im not expecting a miracle weight loss in a week. but i know my body and i have done this lil break before and it helped me lose 35 lbs. Usually the first week i drop 2 lbs.... ill give it some time. :) Thanks for the help
  • hotjacki85
    Options
    Thats what I am trying to explain to you. It's not enough. Change MFP to target 1lb/week and you will be at more reasonable #s.

Thanks for the help... i will do this :)
  • uk_angeldust
    uk_angeldust Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    that is a lot of working out!! well done anyway! :)
  • Mist1981
    Mist1981 Posts: 145
    Options
    Sorry you are frustrated girl! If you open up your food diary, or give us an idea of what you are eating that may help. I am one of the believers that doesn't just count calories, I watch what I put into my body. That being said I was weighing 135 and was eating 1200 on days I didn't exercise and then when I did I ate all my exercise calories back, didn't lose ANYTHING for about a month and a half. Increased my no exercise days to 1350, and still eat my exercise calories back and I have suddently lost 10 pounds.
  • MarissaCB39
    MarissaCB39 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you posted this, I feel the same way - working out 4-5 times a day and taking in 1200-1300 calories a day and i've only lost 7 pounds in 2 months, which is less then what MFP projected.
    I started taking Safslim to up my results.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you posted this, I feel the same way - working out 4-5 times a day and taking in 1200-1300 calories a day and i've only lost 7 pounds in 2 months, which is less then what MFP projected.

You work out 4 or 5 times a day????????????? WHOA SUPER HERO
  • MarissaCB39
    MarissaCB39 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    ok, ok - don't be sarcastic on this motivational site. I meant a week not a day. Thanks for reminding me why I rarely respond on these forums.
  • MissStatement
    MissStatement Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    This may be TMI (and you don't have to answer lol) but are you near your TOM? My weight can go up anywhere from 3 to 5 pounds the week before and I'm sure I don't have to tell you about how bloated and nasty you can feel. Just something to consider.
  • hotjacki85
    Options
    This may be TMI (and you don't have to answer lol) but are you near your TOM? My weight can go up anywhere from 3 to 5 pounds the week before and I'm sure I don't have to tell you about how bloated and nasty you can feel. Just something to consider.

LOL theres no such thing as TMI with me... LOL im about a week past it.
  • hotjacki85
    Options
    ok, ok - don't be sarcastic on this motivational site. I meant a week not a day. Thanks for reminding me why I rarely respond on these forums.

I agree. i love the 90% of replies with helpful info... but get irritated with the 10% of people who have bad attitudes.

With that being said. thanks to those who have helped... im going to up my calorie intake on MFP to see if that helps. :) and... have patience
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Calories in vs Calories out just doesn't work flawlessly regardless of what this site would have everyone believe. I've had weeks where MFP says by what I'm doing I should be GAINING as much as 5-6lbs a week and I loose 2-3. If you are still doing this with no results in a few weeks, I'd suggest looking at other methods such as cutting soy and grains, go low carb...if you are looking for a way to break a plateau, what do you really have to loose by trying something new?

As everyone likely knows, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Change things up and you may get the change you want.
  • Anyaaaa11
    Anyaaaa11 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    For one you should not be eating below your BMR! You should be eating more than your BMR and less than yor TDEE. You were doing fine with the 1800-2000 cal intake.. Now you should be worried about your metabolism. Definitely go back up to where you were.. Obviously you were better off if not better with a higher.. You shouldn't be eating 1200 when your exercising 5x a week either. It has taken me 3 months to lose 8lbs!! But I'm eating 1600-1800 and it's worth it because my body doesn't feel like it's starving!
    I'm sure the last week you probably felt like crap considering you pretty much didn't feed it enough with all that exercise.
    /:
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

It was a harmless joke....I got a chuckle out of it.....Don't take anyone else.....or yourself....so seriously.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options

Suggest other direction, because if you think this through, the direction you are going can only lead to worse problems then less than expected weight loss and eventual stall out.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/599949-tired-plateaud-scale-not-moving-found-my-answer
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,527 Member
    Options
    I believe your goal per week isn't realistic. You're talking about trying to lose more than 1% of your body weight each week, and while it's possible to do, it's not as likely once you've gotten under 200lbs.
    Maybe might want to rethink about how much you want to lose per week. and make the correct calorie adjustments.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer/Group Fitness Instructor
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • mmabdull99
    mmabdull99 Posts: 13
    Options
    Hey Guys,

I need some help on this topic because I'm this close to losing my mind over this. I started myfitnesspal over a month ago, it set my calorie intake to 1200 (losing 2lbs a week), I am 138 5'3. I used to be 115 but over years I've slowly gained alot of weight. Before I started this diet, I was easily eating over 2000 calories a day with no exercise (office job so my activity level was zero). Now, I've been eating 1200 and actually alot of times under 1200 and exercising around 4 times a week for atleast an hour. I have literally lost NO weight at all. I dont understand this, I have been working so hard and I see no results I am so frustrated and I just want need advice. I don't have enough time in the day to the whole 4-5 meals a day, I eat breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner. I have totally cut out sodas besides casual happy hour drinks. I dont always eat back exercise calories. My calorie intake varies everyday, I just feel so upset because I'm working so hard and havent seen any results. Please please help me!!!
  • catmarch4
    catmarch4 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've been doing practically the same thing for almost 3 weeks and only lost a pound. BUT when I read somewhere that you have to burn 1750 calories a day more than you ingest in order to see moderate results more quickly, I realized that I am NOT doing that. Some days I only burn 500-600 more calories than I eat. When I look at it that way I can see that the weight would have to come off more slowly. Also, my trainer said that I need to make more nutritious food choices and also eat more often. Hope that's helpful.
  • mmabdull99
    Options
    AHHH, burn 1750 cals a day does that include the amount your body already burns (sleeping etc) or like I have to burn that much through exercise? Yeah I never burn more than 600 cals a day through exercise, I mean I'm not eating that many carbs at all. Its just crazy that I was eating so much and not exercising and yet I wasnt really gaining weight and now I'm eating so healthy and logging in everything and exercising and I've lost nothing. Do you suggest I up my calories? Is there a way for me to share my food logs? So frustrating though :(
  • mmabdull99
    Options
    I've made my diary public, so if someone can kinda take a glance over it and see what the hell im doing wrong lol. I would realllly appreciate it!