Honey Boo Boo's sister tackles 4 pound sandwich

Options

Replies

• jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    http://www.today.com/entertainment/redneck-kobayashi-honey-boo-boos-sister-tackles-4-pound-sandwich-6C10731926

I don't know if the link will work; if not, search for the image or cut and paste.

If anyone here needs the inspiration to stick to their goals, this should do the trick. This should be on everyone's fridge.

Read the section in my profile titled "My inspiration".

I tried getting to the "My Inspiration" part but your ridiculous obnoxious self-righteousness was my inspiration to move on.

:laugh: :laugh:
  • peanutbutterrunna
    Options
    child abuse.
  • JaneLane33
    JaneLane33 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    That sandwich is huge although I think Man vs Food and some episodes of Dives, Diners, and Drive-ins have shown some bigger food items.
    I don't watch the show but someone told me about the sketti recipe. Just hearing the "recipe" made me feel sick.
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    CrazyTrackLady, I love your profile.

I think they are popular because everyone else can feel superior to them.

Having actually watched the entire show one of the main things that I liked is that you can see how much the family enjoy each other's company and how Mama June encourages her kids.

They come across as underwashed and undereducated but nevertheless a happy enough little family that really appear to enjoy each other's company.

Mama June has said that the money they make from this is going towards a college fund for her kids.

100x better than the usual vacuous fame *kitten* reality tv spews out.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    http://www.today.com/entertainment/redneck-kobayashi-honey-boo-boos-sister-tackles-4-pound-sandwich-6C10731926

I don't know if the link will work; if not, search for the image or cut and paste.

If anyone here needs the inspiration to stick to their goals, this should do the trick. This should be on everyone's fridge.

Read the section in my profile titled "My inspiration".

I tried getting to the "My Inspiration" part but your ridiculous obnoxious self-righteousness was my inspiration to move on.
    My thoughts exactly!!

No great shakes, no great loss. No hard feelings.

:smile:
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I know people love to attack this family, and shame them, but if you've ever been poor then you know their life isn't ALL that crazy.

Outside of that, why is this a really big deal? Does she eat that every day? No. While their family does seem to have the typical American weight problem they have shown on their show that they are at least trying to lose weight. Just because I'm trying to lose weight doesn't mean I CAN'T try a food challange if one ever seemed worth it to me.
    I have never seen the show, but from the clips and promos that I see it doesn't look like they are trying to lose weight. Eating a 4 pound sandwich called pigzilla in under 45 min doesn't appear that they are trying. Also they may have started out poor, but they are no longer poor. So that can't be an excuse for their behavior.

Rumor has it they continue to eat like that because it adds to the show. If they suddenly get inspired to lose weight and start exercising, they would no longer be that "funny, fat, redneck family" for everyone to love.

I sense an overall dumbing down of America. The TV shows being made today are what the majority of the people wish to see -- because it's escapism for some. I admit I watch a couple shows with bad behavior in them, not because I want to 'be" like the folks in the show, but because I can say with conviction: "I am NOT these kind of people, thank God!"
  • tlmcint
    tlmcint Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Exactly! I can understand the conspiracy theorists sometimes... it's getting easier to believe that the media is trying to turn us all into idiots. TV reality shows especially glorify the lowest common denominator in this country and make being stupid the popular thing to be. Or at least promote an attitude of "hey.. I don't need to get an education, it's ok to be stupid."
  • smn76237
    smn76237 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I find it pretty incredible a bunch of people on a calorie counting website are looking down their noses at people who haven't reformed their eating habits. Was that not you a few weeks/months/years ago? Maybe they just haven't yet had the "aha" moment that you all had at some point before joining this website. Just because they're making a lot of money on a reality show doesn't mean they know how to eat healthy. Also, momma June has actually lost 100lbs.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2013/02/how-mama-june-miraculously-lost-100-pounds/
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    People may cringe at parts of that show. I do it plenty. But note that the only things people seem to find to cringe at are parts of that show. Nobody's pulled a Lindsey Lohan, and from what I've heard the mom is having TLC put the show money straight into a set of college funds.

Off camera, I suspect that bunch is smart as hell.

I highly doubt these people can spell 529 Plan, much less have known what one was on their own. Now a financial planner would. Having one does not make a person intelligent.

Also, these girls are still young so can't be sure on that Lohan path yet.
    http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/01/08/honey-boo-boos-mom-is-actually-doing-something-smart-with-her-reality-show-money/
    Close... it was trust funds with stipulations on any use prior to turning 21. Many intelligent people who don't personally have a background in accounting and financial planning use the services of professionals who do.

Oh, and two of the kids are over sixteen and technically old enough to drive to parties so they could've had a Lohan on their hands. I know people at work who watch this show all the time because it's outrageous to them but without any sign of anyone becoming a train wreck. Now go find me something even vaguely along the lines of a falling out with friends/relatives because they do this show.
  • LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options
    Erugh, that's the grimmest family ive ever seen.
  • abetterluke
    abetterluke Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    What a f*cking train wreck that show is. I'm sick of these reality shows glorifying stupidity.

Stupidity huh...

As in living solely off of the husbands salary while saving every last dime they make from the show so that their kids will have a better life than they do when they are adults?

I agree that technically yes the show promotes stupidity in that it's only popular because people look at that family as a train wreck. But they really aren't that bad. I've grown up around some families that are a hell of a lot worse than them. The fact alone that they are smart enough to think about their kids futures gives me a TON of respect for them. 90% of the people on this site...myself included...would not have that kind of self control.
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I don't know if anyone has said this ... I don't really feel like reading through the whole thread ... but seriously, how is this Honey Boo Boo girl doing beauty pageants (please, don't make me state the obvious)? I personally don't condone the whole glitz kid pageant thing (I think it's demoralizing, talent competions at least have some merit and showcase an actual skill, being pretty isn't a skill, it's a genetic luck of the draw), but really, she's not a very visually appealing child, nor is she poised by any stretch of the imagination ...

EDIT FOR TYPO
  • southerndream24
    southerndream24 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    People may cringe at parts of that show. I do it plenty. But note that the only things people seem to find to cringe at are parts of that show. Nobody's pulled a Lindsey Lohan, and from what I've heard the mom is having TLC put the show money straight into a set of college funds.

I highly doubt these people can spell 529 Plan, much less have known what one was on their own. Now a financial planner would. Having one does not make a person intelligent.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/01/08/honey-boo-boos-mom-is-actually-doing-something-smart-with-her-reality-show-money/
    Close... it was trust funds with stipulations on any use prior to turning 21. Many intelligent people who don't personally have a background in accounting and financial planning use the services of professionals who do.

Oh, and two of the kids are over sixteen and technically old enough to drive to parties so they could've had a Lohan on their hands. I know people at work who watch this show all the time because it's outrageous to them but without any sign of anyone becoming a train wreck. Now go find me something even vaguely along the lines of a falling out with friends/relatives because they do this show.

Funny, I don't recall stating definitively that they had a 529 Plan, so your need to google a stupid little ABC article was a waste. Miss the snark of me specifically using a plan with numbers as an example? Guess it went over your head along with the fact that I never said only unintelligent people have wealth managers. I'm well aware of the types of people who have financial advisors since I manage private wealth portfolios. Trust me, people like them are not walking through our doors.

As far as finding something along the lines of friendship issues, sorry but my brain cells are too precious to lose watch that trashbox of a show. However, more power to you.
  • southerndream24
    Options

Funny, I don't recall stating definitively that they had a 529 Plan, so your need to google a stupid little ABC article was a waste. Miss the snark of me specifically using a plan with numbers as an example? Guess it went over your head along with the fact that I never said only unintelligent people have wealth managers. I'm well aware of the types of people who have financial advisors since I manage private wealth portfolios. Trust me, people like them are not walking through our doors.

As far as finding something along the lines of friendship issues, sorry but my brain cells are too precious to watch that trashbox of a show. However, more power to you.
  • cbarn025
    cbarn025 Posts: 939 Member
    Options

As far as finding something along the lines of friendship issues, sorry but my brain cells are too precious to watch that trashbox of a show. However, more power to you.

I get your point. I work in finance as well. I've worked for a bigger bank. Now I work for a law firm going after banks.(The good guys). I say that to say this. I've never used that as any kind of merit or gauge of my intellect. You come off as cocky and condescending. Try and change your approach. WHo cares if you run a billion dollar hedge fund on here?
  • southerndream24
    Options

I get your point. I work in finance as well. I've worked for a bigger bank. Now I work for a law firm going after banks.(The good guys). I say that to say this. I've never used that as any kind of merit or gauge of my intellect. You come off as cocky and condescending. Try and change your approach. WHo cares if you run a billion dollar hedge fund on here?

No one cares, but you decided to comment? Okay. Am I confident in myself? Absolutely. Cocky? That is in the eye of the beholder I guess. Was I condescending? Absolutely and that was the intent of my reply. Great that you don't use your career as a barometer of your intelligence (and that you now work for the good guys), though I'm sure when you tell people what you do they are impressed and assume you're an intelligent person. When someone attempts to school me on a topic that involves something I do on a daily basis, I'm going to let them know they're wrong and do it in my own way. *kanye shrug*

That aside, I still think the family is trashy and proves the overall dumbing down of this country.

By the way, I'm flattered that you think that at just 27 years old I actually run a billion dollar hedge fund..........
  • cbarn025
    cbarn025 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I know you don't run a hedge fund. I was trying to convey that even if you did....no one would care on here (mfp).
  • pluckabee
    pluckabee Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    WTF how is this supposed to 'inspire' me to stick to my goals?

What is the logic here? I do not understand
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Pigzilla lol. They should be calling the girl that, not the sandwich. Eww I feel nauseous :sick:

Agreed.