Hello Everybody!

taunto
taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
Hi;

I'm a 28 years old man and am extremely overweight. 5 feet 9 inches and currently weight 280 lbs. I am sick and tired of being overweight. To be completely honest, i dont even care about my looks (although getting a better looking body would be nice) but its mainly about being able to function day to day properly and with ease.

This is (hopefully last) of the many tries I've done in order to get more fit. My plans this time would be to do about 1-2 hour long cardio (mainly stationary bike) + some strength training that I will have to build up on. The 1-2 hours of biking would be split in 3-4 sessions during the week. If any of you guys see an improvement on it, please do share!

As for diet. Mainly just home cooked meals in smaller portions. Probably going to stay away from greesy stuff outside of once a week. I know my diet would be the biggest part of the battle but I need some taste also so I dont fall off the wagon.

But all in all, excited to start the regiment again and looking forward to visiting the forums more often for help and support!

Replies

• jake1967
    jake1967 Posts: 20 Member
    Welcome.I find the site is an excellent way to keep track of what you are doing.And seeing everyone else doing the same thing gives this a sense of community.Good luck.
  • EMarvie
    EMarvie Posts: 335 Member
    Hey there, welcome! this site is pretty awsome - great tools - log all your food.. the good, the bad and the ugly - and log your exercise. you'd be suprised on somethings.
    I've started here - i made a promise to myself to log everything - no matter what it is.. and try to stay within cal's - I've been great in the month i've been on here.. well, untill a few days ago - but I'm back on track -
    this is a lifestyle change - you have to be willing to change your life - and sounds like you are..

YOU CAN DO THIS! - good luck with your journey!
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,227 Member
    Congrats on deciding to change your life! I have had some success. Would be happy to help you if you like. Start slow and build. You don't want to burn out.
  • taunto
    Thankyou all for the helpful replies. Still figuring out the tools available here but the blackberry app really helps alot too!

I figured that since I can quit smoking after all these years, I can quit being a fat *kitten* too! :)
  • Karmynzahringer
    Karmynzahringer Posts: 192 Member
    Good luck! I haven't been here long but it seems like a great community with tons of support and encouragement! You can do it!
  • gone2facebookprint
    gone2facebookprint Posts: 154 Member
    Welcome aboard.. you can do it I have faith that if you put your all into it then it will happen before you know it.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Bump.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Bump.
    QFT
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Bump.

For why?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Bump.
    QFT
    Srsly
  • taunto
    Bump.

For why?

i__m_adorable_by_riiverthehedgehog-d4c7c2g.png
  • mfplynn
    mfplynn Posts: 1
    Quitting smoking is the first step to a better life. This is the second step. Losing weight is tough, but becoming diabetic is tougher. We can do this. I just started, too, but believe we all can do it with supportive friends and helpful sites like this. We've always heard that we need to journal, so with this site, we have no excuse to miss a log. Good luck!!
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Bump.

For why?

QFT
    tumblr_mcu4b7WCIy1qdhkmfo1_500.gif
  • taunto
    Bump.

For why?

QFT

swoon!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Hi taunto
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Just make sure you don't cut out all the good food from your diet, like bacon, ham, pork sausages...
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Bump.

For why?

QFT

So pretty :love:
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    hi taunto! :smooched:

♫ what is hi? baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no mo'. ♫