Boogers...

Options
Ewww, I know. But here is my dilemma...I am training for my first 5k on October 3. One of the issues that I have while I'm running I'm not the only one running, so is my nose. After a while this starts to affect my breathing. Any suggestions on how I can help cut back the boogers?

Replies

• FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Happens to me to, but only on longer runs (10k+). Sorry the only suggestion I have is either suck it in or blow it out. :laugh:
    I usually go the blow out direction. :happy:
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    That's what long-sleeves are for! Wait till it gets cold out, then the fun really begins....they make running gloves with terry cloth patches just for the snotties :bigsmile:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Snot rockets and if that is just too gross for you then may i suggest using the inside of the bottom of your shirt or carry a towel. I know its all gross but it's part of running, especiallly as the weather cools.
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Have you tried taking a Claritin before you run?
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    That's what long-sleeves are for! Wait till it gets cold out, then the fun really begins....they make running gloves with terry cloth patches just for the snotties :bigsmile:

This is what I use/do :)
  • stv1520
    stv1520 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I read another post stating lemon juice with water.
  • 1crosby87
    Options
    breathe right strips or a little vicks under ur nose
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    My dad was an all-weather runner and had this problem. He carried a hanky with him, but most days he came back with snot all over his face & shirt.

In the winter (in IL), he'd actually come home with what I can only dub "snotcicles"!!!!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    My dad was an all-weather runner and had this problem. He carried a hanky with him, but most days he came back with snot all over his face & shirt.

In the winter (in IL), he'd actually come home with what I can only dub "snotcicles"!!!!

LMAO, you just made my day, snotcicles are an unfortunate side effect of winter running :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas everyone!