Calling all petite women 5'3" and under Friends needed!

Options

Replies

• pikanchi
    pikanchi Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and 125.5lbs. I generally eat between 1200 and 1500 calories a day and exercise four times a week, although this last week has been really poor exercise-wise. But it's a new week, so I'm jumping back on that horse! I find that my weight loss seems to oscillate between being slow and "fast" in that I won't lose any for ages, then I'll hop on the scales and be down 2lbs from the week(s) before.

I'm currently ovo-vegetarian (I've cut out dairy as I don't think it's been sitting right with me), looking to transition to a full vegan diet in the future. Most of my focus at present has been on cardio, but I'm reaching the point where I want to start lifting to make my arms look better and have more muscle definition, but I'm a bit lost on where to start!
  • littlelawson83
    Options
    Another shortie here! 5'3 and currently 158lbs, want to get to the 130's if I can. Am finding it very tough to lose, mainly because I fall off the wagon at weekends so it's one step forward, two steps back. Any fellow 5ft 3'ers, feel free to add me for support!
  • emlott88
    emlott88 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and 148lbs :(

Goal weight is 125lbs.

I just started last week and I'm on a 1200 restricted diet. At the moment I don't have a job either so I'm sitting at home always tempted by the cupboard and fridge, so far so good.

Feel free to add!
  • PoisonedCursed
    Options
    I'm 5"2, was 127 lbs last year but I lost weight and went down to my goal weight of 104 lbs.
    But due to recent events, I gained almost all of it back and now I weigh 124 lbs.
    I really really really want to go back down to 104 lbs and it's been frustrating for me because I screwed everything up when I had it back then. Pease do add me as friend, I'd love to have more friends with similar situations to relate to
  • msasias
    msasias Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am 5'2" and was around 130 before I started to do Insanity workout by Shaun T. after 3 weeks I lost roughly 8 pounds but gained it back. I am now between 124 -130, my weight fluctuates. However, I noticed when I gained it back I think I gained muscles, I am a little bit more toned than before. I still am not happy with what I see now and would love to have a fitness buddy whom I can talk to, set goals with, to progress and finally get the results we have always wanted. Hit me up mish.asia@gmail.com
  • perfecttop10
    Options
    Hi everyone,

New to this site but really loving the app :) I'm 5'1 and currently about 182 having been a bigger girl for most of my life. Before my little boy I did get down to around 130 but once I got preggers I went way too big and managed to get back down to the 180's. I workout as much as I can, mixture of interval cardio weights and walking more in the day. My goal is to get into the right bmi and stay there!

Does everyone eat the exercise cals back? It's the first time I've had a proper calculator that splits and sorts the information so hoping it'll work as an incentive to put the biscuits back on the shelf :p
  • sarah5423
    sarah5423 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'1" and recently hit my goal of 104 lbs. I've been up and down the scale my entire life, but the one thing that helped me maintain the loss as many people will have recommended is tracking my food intake and getting rid of coke. People our size cannot eat 2,200 calories, sometimes even 1,200 can be a chore, but it doesn't matter as long as you're eating the right food combinations.

Sorry but this is wrong, being short doesn't have to mean low calories and by stating this it isn't giving a good message to new members.

I'm 5'2" and currently 98lbs, please feel free to check my diary but I consumed an average of 2022 calories per day last week and I don't spend hours everyday at the gym either, I do 2 x 30 minute weight training sessions per week and daily power walks / jogs for up to a maximum of an hour.
  • phechan3
    phechan3 Posts: 60
    Options
    Another 'lil shortie here! I'm 5'2 and as I still have another 20 pounds to go... :p Add me if you'd like! :D
  • elliebear2012
    elliebear2012 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm also 5ft 3 and after having my 3rd child 2yrs ago currently weigh 160lbs, I want to get to about 135 ish lbs to my pre-baby weight. :smile:

I currently take various exercise classes such as Body Combat twice a week, Body Pump and Step Fit. Thinking about maybe doing another type of combat class as well. I do enjoying working out and hopefully this will result in toning up whist I lose weight.
    I try not to eat the exercise calories earned as I don't see the point in going to all that hard work exercising when your just going to eat more. I have eaten them in the past on the weekend and then feel guilty afterwards and wondering why the weight isn't coming off as fast as I'd like.

What plans are you all following? I've started following 16/8 this week and find its going ok for me so fingers crossed it works

Ellie x
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2.5 size 14 pants
    goal size 4

I am not doing the weighing thing. I think I'll get hung up on it and depressed with the plateaus and what not. going by how my clothes fit seems like it might be more encouraging.

I think I am borderline Hypothyroid. All the women in my family are (I am the youngest) and I have a ton of the symptoms but it doesn't show up on drs tests.

I am going with a low carb diet this time around although I have been a partial vegetarian for years and years now. I only eat poultry and before yesterday it was like once or twice a week and vegge the rest of the time. It's going to be chicken turkey and eggs every day now though.

I just started the diet yesterday.
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

New to this site but really loving the app :) I'm 5'1 and currently about 182 having been a bigger girl for most of my life. Before my little boy I did get down to around 130 but once I got preggers I went way too big and managed to get back down to the 180's. I workout as much as I can, mixture of interval cardio weights and walking more in the day. My goal is to get into the right bmi and stay there!

Does everyone eat the exercise cals back? It's the first time I've had a proper calculator that splits and sorts the information so hoping it'll work as an incentive to put the biscuits back on the shelf :p

I don't eat excercise calories back. I look at them as a free card for bumping up the number for the week of excess.
  • cewebster
    cewebster Posts: 1
    Options
    I am 186lbs and I am 5'2". I have always been heavy and this year I really want to get down to 125. I also want to run a marathon!
  • mrb1116
    mrb1116 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm just under 5'1" and currently at 142, planning to get down to at least 125. I'm a WW veteran and was always successful on the program but going back to work full time after two kids and turning 40 has completely changed my ability to lose weight. After being at a standstill on WW for so long and struggling, I quit a few months ago and then found this app.

I'm really liking it so far but frustrated that my second week weigh-in (this past Monday), I actually regained a pound after having lost 4 lbs. the first week. I'm trying to exercise 4 - 5 times a week and staying between 1200 - 1500 calories. I love Jillian Michaels DVDs and walking/running outside, but am also fighting plantar fasciitis right now, which is a huge bummer.

Still being brand new to MFP, I'd also love some other short friends struggling with the same things I am!
  • DietCokeGal
    DietCokeGal Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Another shortie here, 5'1", have 33 pounds to go to get to my goal. Feel free to add me too.
  • becca53088
    becca53088 Posts: 32
    Options
    I am just under 5'2" (I call it 5'1 and three quarters!) and started on MFP last fall however started my entire weight loss journey January 2012. My highest weight was 244.4 pounds and I am currently in the low to mid 130s (lowest was right around 130). Am working towards reaching my first goal of 120 but I'd ultimately like to be 110-115.

It is truly possible to lose the weight as long as you STICK with it. Remind yourself that each positive change you make and each day that goes by is another step closer to success. If you are tired of starting over, then don't stop! Keep going and your self esteem will really skyrocket the more you stick with your plan...not to mention you will see results that really amaze you.

Definitely add me if you'd like! :)
  • kelleynbrown
    kelleynbrown Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2"..cw:130, gw: a strong, toned 125.

Add me :)
  • birdiecs
    birdiecs Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Geez, I feel like such a little porker lol I've never been able to eat only 1200.I'm 5'2.5 and 125 and eat 1550 net on non active days..upwards of 2200 on workout days.. It hasn't seem to affected my weight loss, only a few pounds form goal now. I know for myself, trying to eat low cal would be unsustainable.
  • xiomarajae
    xiomarajae Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2,started at 220 pounds and now I'm down to 170.
    If you're looking for a supporter/friend feel free to add me.

:)
  • AEMW8
    AEMW8 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    5'2.5". Yes, I'm proud of that .5". XD Been obese (gods I hate that word) all my life. I never really considered myself being obese because I didn't look completely and utterly disgustingly fat. I just looked like I need to lose a good bit of weight.
  • Hollie6790
    Hollie6790 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm just about 5 feet tall. I proudly eat around 2,000 calories a day. Since upping my calories from 1200 I've lost inches and become stronger. While initially beginning to eat more it's common to gain weight, which is why it should be down slowly. I didn't go from 1200 to 2,000 in a day. It was over about 2 months. So it's completely possible for a small person to eat over 2,000 calories, and feel amazing.