Quick Cheap Grocery Store Lunch Ideas

Options
So I didn't bring my lunch to work today. All of the places around my work are relatively expensive and not healthy. I have a safeway right down the road. So I think I'm going to go and get something that I can make in the back room at lunch. So what can I make that doesn't require cooking (beyond a microwave or hot water) and is healthy (and clean if possible)?

I don't want to do a frozen meal or sandwiches from the deli or anything. I'm thinking something involving fresh veggies and either lunch meat or baby shrimp (they sell pre-cooked).

Replies

• ahmadfahmy
    ahmadfahmy Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    So I didn't bring my lunch to work today. All of the places around my work are relatively expensive and not healthy. I have a safeway right down the road. So I think I'm going to go and get something that I can make in the back room at lunch. So what can I make that doesn't require cooking (beyond a microwave or hot water) and is healthy (and clean if possible)?

I don't want to do a frozen meal or sandwiches from the deli or anything. I'm thinking something involving fresh veggies and either lunch meat or baby shrimp (they sell pre-cooked).

whole rotisserie chicken
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    You can get a deli sandwich without bread. Basically a giant lettuce wrap with whatever you like. Cheaper and easer than buying the components to make one at the office.