Chobani vs. Other Greek Yogurts?

2»

Replies

• RobTheGourmet
    RobTheGourmet Posts: 189 Member
    it's somewhat like arguing over what peanut butter is the "best" and most "healthy".

There's so little difference in what your asking that actually matters that it really doesn't matter, it's more of what you like the best.

Not exactly true as not all strained yogurts are made right and not all of them are actually strained.
    the term Greek Yogurt is so over used as to have nearly no meaning anymore..

Much like the labeling of cheese in the US its horrid, I would even add that all labeling in the US is horrid as finding ones that are done correctly would be a job in it self. Finding the propaganda / advertisement hype from reality is the main objective anymore.
  • ahmadfahmy
    ahmadfahmy Posts: 214 Member
    Hello!

So I used to eat a lot of Chobani and then started hearing that it wasn't actually that great of a healthy food. I've switched to Dannon Greek which has less sugar and calories but the taste is definitely inferior to Chobani. However the sugar did worry me a bit.... so two questions:

1. Does Chobani have *added* sugar or does all the sugar come from the fruit/naturally? I tried googling this and couldn't find a straight forward answer.

2. I know just about every yogurt brand is coming out with a Greek and was wondering what you thought was the best/most healthy?

Thank you!

get fage or chobani 0 fat plain greek yogurt..no added sugar (9g total carbs) and 25g of protein per serving.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    I used to eat Chobani but decided that I really didn't like the sort of sour tast (some flavors taste like throw up), I also didn't like the sugar content. I now do the yoplait greek yogurt. They have less sugar and taste so good. I like some of the Fage flavors too.

Yoplait greek is strained finally (used to be milk solids added).... I haven't tasted the new & improved yet.

I like pretty much all greek yogurt.... but you have to be careful as some are really high in sugar .... Dannon Blended!!
  • Adirafox
    Adirafox Posts: 107 Member
    I have not tried Fage, my fave is Chobani pear- its the only flavor I find I like. Its the first brand of Greek yogurt that I can stand eating. Was just reading about a yogurt from Finland that has 18g of protein and less calories began with an "S", will be interesting to see if thats the new yogurt craze soon.

Skyrr....I think. I haven't tried it, but was just reading about it, too!
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    The Greek Gods is the best Greek Yogurt brand I've tasted as of yet (barring non-US brands)
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Yoplait Greek 100. Mixed berry!!

X2...This or strawberry, black cherry, or lime. Yoplait greek wins in the taste department for me.
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Fage is a real strained yogurt or you can make it your self even better!

but chobani and dannon etc are US made strained yogurts and not anywhere near as good as Fage

Yup. Fage is the best greek yogurt. Yummmm
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    I don't know about the "health" aspect but I love Fage myself. I just get plain and add my own berries, nuts, granola, etc. Sometimes I do add a little sweetener to it, just depends on my taste buds that day. Just wish it wasn't so expensive! But the smooth creaminess is worth it. Also sub it for sour cream sometimes.