Trouble reaching min. calorie intake

Options
kyleekay10
kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
Hey everyone!

Sometimes I have trouble consuming 1,200 calories per day, especially on days that I work out. I'm finding that I'm not hungry enough to consume more food in order to hit that goal. I've still been losing weight, but I'm worried that I'll stop losing weight if I can't hit my goal more often.

My diary is open- can anyone offer suggestions of things that I can eat to help me hit my goal, while still being healthy? Things with extra protein would be great, too. I'm trying to eat at least 111 grams of protein a day.

I am considering adding Fruit to my morning Shake, which should help, but I'm just at a loss for what else I could do during the day/evening (without feeling like I'm stuffing myself).

Thanks. :smile:

Replies

• Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I notice you drink skim milk and eat nonfat cottage cheese. Perhaps you could eat the full fat or partial fat versions of those?
  • kyleekay10
    Options
    Ohhh, I didn't think of that. Maybe I will swap out those low-cal versions for the partial fat ones. :)
  • ahmadfahmy
    ahmadfahmy Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Sometimes I have trouble consuming 1,200 calories per day, especially on days that I work out. I'm finding that I'm not hungry enough to consume more food in order to hit that goal. I've still been losing weight, but I'm worried that I'll stop losing weight if I can't hit my goal more often.

My diary is open- can anyone offer suggestions of things that I can eat to help me hit my goal, while still being healthy? Things with extra protein would be great, too. I'm trying to eat at least 111 grams of protein a day.

I am considering adding Fruit to my morning Shake, which should help, but I'm just at a loss for what else I could do during the day/evening (without feeling like I'm stuffing myself).

Thanks. :smile:

replace PB2 with natty peanut butter..1 serving is 200 cals easy
  • lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I see that you don't eat any fruit and very few veggies. As a snack, you can have veggies with some hummus. Also a banana can have about 100 calories. Avocados are high in calories and high in good fats. Nuts are a great source of calories and good fats. You seem to eat the same thing everyday which isn't necessarily a good thing. Try to mix it up. The days of eating cottage cheese everyday to lose weight are long gone. Try to mix it up with brown rice, quinoa and different kinds of protein. I think you will get tired of eating the same foods everyday. Try to find some healthy recipes and different foods to keep you going and getting enough calories.
  • kyleekay10
    Options
    I have to use the PB2 because it's powdered- regular PB wouldn't work in my shake (I don't blend them). :)

@lawkat, Yeah I was thinking about adding different kinds of fruit to my morning shakes to easily get those calories, without feeling like I'm eating a bunch more food. I eat the cottage cheese mainly for the protein- I do have a very high protein goal, so I'm definitely keeping that around. :P Veggies and hummus sounds really good though, I'll have to see what my local store has.

As for mixing it up, my dinners tend to be different pretty frequently. I switch between beef, ground turkey, and fish for the proteins and I do try to play around with my complex carbs. I actually plan on making a Quinoa casserole in the next week or so. :) Luckily I'm the type of person who can literally eat the same thing over and over and not get tired of it... haha.

I think I might also add in a can of tuna or can of chicken to my daily snacks. Hmm.