Make underarm fat disappear?

Well, now that I'm working out and seeing a lot of before and after pix, I'm pretty concerned that I'm just going to be a smaller version of myself, meaning I'd keep the same shape.

I DON'T WANT THAT AT ALL

My problem areas are my love handles and these little annoying fat pockets under my underarms. They're disgusting and I hate them. And they seem to just be there...not attached to any obvious muscle. How the HELL can I get rid of these?

I know you can't spot-reduce, but is there some sort of exercises I should make sure I do?
Is there any hope for my shape? I currently just look like a box. smh.

Replies

• chloeobe
    chloeobe Posts: 72
    I dont like my flabby arms and love handles either! I youtubed excercise for these particular bits and i worked them into my exercise programme. Ive lost an inch of the tops of my arms and Im starting to see muscle defination instead of a wing! Dont see much difference in the love handle department but its early days!
  • JamesDanek
    JamesDanek Posts: 95 Member
    I know your fear. I suffered pretty bad moobage that is still going down. (NEARLY GONE!)

You don't have to believe me but it will come off... just keep applying yourself to your exercise keep it consistent and keep it challenging and all the fat will eventually melt away and your shape will change. The arm fat and love handles will go in the end.
  • If you do any kind of stremght training/weight lifting you will not have the same shape. You will have the same shape if you do cardio only.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Start lifting weights.
  • waltervos
    waltervos Posts: 4
    Be advised: There is no such thing as spot reduction. Fat will disappear, but your body will decide from where and in what order.

So, just keep at it and eventually you'll lose it.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    I know you can't spot-reduce, but is there some sort of exercises I should make sure I do?
    Is there any hope for my shape? I currently just look like a box. smh.

Since you know you can't spot reduce, the best thing you CAN do is continue losing weight AND if you are interested in reshaping your body and/or percent body fat then resistance/strength/weight training of some kind is a MUST.

Any progressive strength training program will work IF you are consistent and do it consistently.

Commit.
  • are822
    are822 Posts: 46 Member
    Weights and body weight exercises like pushups are great for your arms. The bat wings are my trouble spot too and since I've increased my weight's routine as well as doing diamond, regular and tricep pushups, I have really noticed a difference.
  • kgainez23
    kgainez23 Posts: 38
    thanks guys. i'm i the 300s so pushups, chinups, etc are not my thing right now, but i'll try to learn some of these other exercises you're recommending. thanks guys!