Any alternative/metalheads?

Options
2»

Replies

• PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    You guys have pretty much listed everything on my lifting playlist :)
  • StripedSmoker
    StripedSmoker Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Metalchick 'ere! Though I probably jump through the genres, goth, country, rock, metal, punk and everything that I like (I can't believe I just forgot blues). Dressing in black and stuff, sorry but my hair is back to boring normal colours, it used to be more interesting :) Also I grew up with Rammstein and punk rock everywhere (Germancoughgerman) :D
  • horrorstory
    horrorstory Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Metalchick 'ere! Though I probably jump through the genres, goth, country, rock, metal, punk and everything that I like (I can't believe I just forgot blues). Dressing in black and stuff, sorry but my hair is back to boring normal colours, it used to be more interesting :) Also I grew up with Rammstein and punk rock everywhere (Germancoughgerman) :D

AWESOME! I jump around in genres as well.
    I love to switch it up.
  • thesophierose
    thesophierose Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Best. ****ing. Genre. Ever.

Kudos to you and your awesome music taste! ;) Welcome to MFP!
  • AlteredSkates
    AlteredSkates Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I like lot's of music! But definitely alternative is the way to go! NIN, Rammstein, Rob Zombie, Tool is a few that come to mind. But, the list goes on...
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • marhod5
    marhod5 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Yup, I'm a rock girl from way back. I like everything from 80s hair metal (like GNR) to 90s alternative (like Pearl Jam) even older stuff like Led Zep. Or really old stuff like Muddy Waters. : ) I can't believe people mentioned Rammstein! I didn't think anyone but me had ever heard of them! I am super psyched about the Pearl Jam tour this fall. They are my favorite! Anyone feel free to add me.
  • Shelley6591
    Shelley6591 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Music is what pretty much keeps me going. I love NIN, TOOL, Perfect Circle, Nirvana, Zepplin, Audio Slave, Sound Garden, the Pumpkins but my weakness is Pearl Jam by far, I'm obsessed with EV even though his solo uke stuff is not on my play list.
  • Live4theLift
    Live4theLift Posts: 329
    Options
    Dunno if you call it metal but my favorite bands are

The devil wears prada
    I wrestled a bear once
    Metallica
    Bullet for my valentine
    ...Ect

OOOHHH Pray for plauges by Bring me the Horizon!! thats my *kitten*
  • FarEastTexan
    Options
    Hi there! I'm new too, feel free to add me; I don't have any friends yet. Metal/Alternative and horror movies are two of my favorite things :devil:
  • Shelley6591
    Shelley6591 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Not sure if any of you guys have kids or not but recently I came to a pretty interesting conclusion... so most of my friends are 30-35ish with at least 2 kids, 90% are either very over weight or drink a bottle of wine a day to wash down their Xanax, it seems like we're all struggling with being way over extended and the economy has bottomed out so everyone's husbands are working two jobs or had to leave to go out west to work so we're going it alone. I'm in the sort of over weight category obviously, anyways my husband said to me the other day that my 'Mommy's little helper' seems to be music, it's so true! I make my kids listen to my music too, hey my parents made me listen to their rotten country stuff so why break tradition? :P

Feel free to add me, I just started MFP and need all the motivation I can get :wink:
  • marilynx
    marilynx Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Heh heh, I know I may not look like it, but I'm definitely a metal head. I'm into Wintersun, Soulfly, Scar Symmetry, Kalmah, just to name a few. I like metalcore too like Killswitch Engage too. My husband can't stand it. He doesn't understand the genius behind metal music. The lyrics are just phenomenal, the guitar riffs are invigorating. It's just awesome.
  • workout_ninja
    workout_ninja Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Defo not a metalhead but I am alternative. My fave band just now are Bullet for my Valentine (going to see them in December EEEK!) but I love me some classic rock **** too.Feel free to add me!
  • clairyfairy247
    clairyfairy247 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Yess! I am also brand new, a metal head & beer drinker :drinker:
    Tool, NIN, Metallica, Alice in Chains, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Sabbath, Pantera, System, Slayer, Disturbed, F.F.D.P., Volbeat...
    and so many more.

Love Volbeat!
  • clairyfairy247
    clairyfairy247 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I'm going for a scroll through my iPod Artists :-)

Andrew WK
    Avenged Sevenfold
    Black Sabbath
    Bowling for Soup
    Breed 77
    Buckcherry
    A Day to Remember
    Enter Shikari
    Four Years Strong
    Halestorm
    Iron Maiden
    Jimmy Eat World
    Kiss
    Korn
    Limp Bizkit
    Linkin Park
    Lit
    Metallica
    New Found Glory
    The Offspring
    Papa Roach
    Rise Against
    Rob Zombie
    Slipknot
    Steel Panther
    Volbeat

An eclectic mix :laugh:

Anyone?? :flowerforyou:
  • Saratini76
    Saratini76 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Alternative/rock chick here! Have a crazy obsession with Seether (Saron Gas) and their frontman, Shaun Morgan. (I'd eat him with a spoon!) Love Theory of a Deadman, the 80s hairbands, Shinedown, Burn Halo, Godsmack, Hole, My Darkest Days, and on the lighter side, Marcy Playground.

Always happy to have new friends!

Who works out to their favorite song/band?

Sara :glasses:
  • Sooze_1975
    Sooze_1975 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    add me as well! Metal runs in my veins! If it aint heavy it aint music!

Amen!