My first BIG NSV

Options
hludwig980
hludwig980 Posts: 102 Member
Small back story.....
I started on this journey a year and a half ago. When I started I weighed in a 243 lbs, I'm about 5'2 1/2" wearing a size 18 pant (probably should have been closer to a 20) and an XL shirt. By late summer early fall I managed to get down to about 190 ish wearing mostly size 16 pants and a 14 if I was lucky. At that time I really stalled out, stopped really trying and managed to maintain my weight until the end of April of this year where I decided to start again. That is when I joined MFP. Last year I learned what really worked for me and that was counting calories.

Well, this week was my birthday and my brother, sister-in-law, niece and nephew gave me a gift card to Maurieces. so today I went to spend it. Really should have gotten a pair or two of pants for work but ended up getting a pair of jeans, 3 shirts and a belt. I'm still in shock. The jeans are a size 11/12 and two of the shirts are a size M. I haven't worn an 11/12 since my junior year of high school and I don't ever remember wearing a size M shirt. I was thrilled with the thought of walking in and not having to shop on the plus side of the store. I would have been happy to get a size 13/14 in jeans, but when I put on the 11/12's and they fit I was in total shock. I must have stared at myself in the mirror for almost 10 minutes!

Edited to add.... Any friend requests would be welcome!! :happy:

Replies

• holliwood97
    holliwood97 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    OMG girl. congrats on your success... How exciting. what a great victory for you!!!!!
  • sc10985
    sc10985 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! :)
  • Deebautista
    Deebautista Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    That is sooo great! Good for you hon!
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I'll take a lower size over numbers on the scale any day!

Sending a friend request!
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    That's so exciting! Great job!!
  • hludwig980
    hludwig980 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    So, I am going to resurrect my old thread to add a new NSV or two....

I have needed new work pants for quite awhile now. I just have not had to money to replace my clothes right now and even if I did I don't want to buy too much until I've decided where I'm going to land. I've been able to get away with wearing the size 14 and 16's that I've had because they are colored skinny jeans but the 16 are starting to get baggy in the butt. This morning I decided to make a trip to Goodwill and see if I could find anything to get me buy for now.

Well, my first NSV of the day is the jeans that I bought back in July when I originally did this thread are starting to get big in the waist. Not too big, but if I wear a belt now it actually performs a small function instead of just being part of my outfit. These pants are a size 11/12. I had not worn a size 11 since I was a junior in high school. Well, when I got to Goodwill I wasn't sure what size to look for so I grabbed several pants in a size 12 and a couple in a size 10. The 12's were baggy and would have needed a belt, the 10's fit amazingly. I don't EVER remember wearing a size 10!! Could it be possible that when I get to the end of this journey that I could possibly be wearing pants that are a single digit??

After I left there I stopped at Gordman's because, as badly as I needed pants I need bra's just as badly....or worse. When i started I was wearing an tight 40D. Now the bands are loose and I don't even come close to filling out the cups. I do have 3 -38 D's that fit reasonable well, but they are already on the last look and my measurement under my bust is 35.5. I picked up 2 bra's size 36DD and waiting until I got home to try them on. I LOVE how they fit!!.

So it was a GREAT day for me. I spent less than $25 and got 3 pairs of pants and 2 new bra's. Now, to find someone who can help me hem the pants. 2 of them are very long. Oh the trials of only being 5'2 1/2". ;o)~

Have a great day and weekend everyone AND lets hear your NSV's!!!
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    That is great! Congratulations!!
  • lucystacy71
    lucystacy71 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    That sounds so wonderful! Congratulations!
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    That is absolutely wonderful!!! So happy for you! :)
  • kellyskitties
    kellyskitties Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    MY GOSH! I am at the "holding" position like you mentioned. I lost some, sort of pooped out and am just trying to hold my place. And we are about the same height (just tall enough for petites to be too short and too short for regulars!). It's like I'm looking into my future when I read this. We even started pretty close to the same weight but I was wearing bigger sizes (24 pants and 2X tops).

I'm friending you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!