Yummy & Quick Breakfasts

Options
cadaverousbones
cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
I am in need of some yummy & quick breakfast ideas! Please post recipes here!! :)

Replies

• ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Granola or muesli with Greek yogurt, porridge with raisins, bagel and peanut butter and bacon and scrambled eggs are just some of my favourites!
  • sknapstein
    sknapstein Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Sausage and Cheese Breakfast Cups (South Beach Diet Cook Book)

4 oz turkey sausage or crumbled turkey bacon
    1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
    1/4 onion, chopped
    5 large eggs
    1 can (12 oz) sliced mushrooms, drained
    1/2 C (2 oz) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a 6-cup nonstick muffin pan with cooking spray or line with paper baking cups.

In a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, cook the sausage, pepper and onion for 5 minutes, or until the sausage is no longer pink. Spoon the mixture into a bowl and cool slightly. Stir in the eggs and mushrooms, Evenly divide the mixture among the prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle with the cheese.

Bake for 20 minutes or until the egg is set.

Makes 6 cups

Nutritional value
    per serving: 140 calories, 9g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 12 g protein, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g dietary fiber, 195 mg cholesterol, 400 mg sodium

MY NOTES: I make these on Sunday and just reheat in the microwave for a quick breakfast before work. I also am watching my cholesterol so I use Eggbeaters instead of whole eggs. And lastly, I use part skim mozzarella since I don't really like cheddar.

Hope you like them as much as I do.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Sausage and Cheese Breakfast Cups (South Beach Diet Cook Book)

4 oz turkey sausage or crumbled turkey bacon
    1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
    1/4 onion, chopped
    5 large eggs
    1 can (12 oz) sliced mushrooms, drained
    1/2 C (2 oz) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a 6-cup nonstick muffin pan with cooking spray or line with paper baking cups.

In a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, cook the sausage, pepper and onion for 5 minutes, or until the sausage is no longer pink. Spoon the mixture into a bowl and cool slightly. Stir in the eggs and mushrooms, Evenly divide the mixture among the prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle with the cheese.

Bake for 20 minutes or until the egg is set.

Makes 6 cups

Nutritional value
    per serving: 140 calories, 9g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 12 g protein, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g dietary fiber, 195 mg cholesterol, 400 mg sodium

MY NOTES: I make these on Sunday and just reheat in the microwave for a quick breakfast before work. I also am watching my cholesterol so I use Eggbeaters instead of whole eggs. And lastly, I use part skim mozzarella since I don't really like cheddar.

Hope you like them as much as I do.

Oooh, those sound good. Do you mix up the egg separately and then mixed the already cooked stuff right before spooning into the cups?
  • sknapstein
    Options
    You can if you want, but I just added the eggs and mixed it all up together. Just make sure the sausage stuff is not real hot so it doesn't "cook" the eggs.
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    oatmeal with protein powder is my fav...literally ready in 5 mins and I usually top it with blueberries or a banana.
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    www.theyummylife.com has a bunch of great recipes for steel-cut oatmeal in the crockpot, I make a batch on the weekend, then microwave a portion in the morning, the refrigerator oatmeal recipes on there are good too
  • sknapstein
    Options
    www.theyummylife.com has a bunch of great recipes for steel-cut oatmeal in the crockpot, I make a batch on the weekend, then microwave a portion in the morning, the refrigerator oatmeal recipes on there are good too

Thank you so much for leading me to TheYummyLife blog. What a great resource for healthy alternative recipes of the classics. One recipe looked better than the next.
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options

Thank you so much for leading me to TheYummyLife blog. What a great resource for healthy alternative recipes of the classics. One recipe looked better than the next.

I've tried many of her recipes. She actually had one for a natural cough syrup with honey that worked better than what I bought at the pharmacy. With the crock-pot oats, the apple is my favorite, followed closely by cherry-almond
  • Dianaka
    Dianaka Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Bump! thanks
  • autumnrunning
    Options
    I just discovered banana pancakes which are super good and healthy and quick to make.

Smash one or two bananas, add an egg and a bit cinnamon if you want. Then cook some pancakes :) i know it seems more like a "banana omelette" but you better try before you judge....
  • lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • kdogmclean1
    Options
    I soak a 1/2 cup of oats overnight in 1 cup of vanilla unsweetened almond milk. I mix in 1 tablespoon of peanut or almond butter and add a teaspoon of honey.

Pull out the next morning. It keeps the nutrients in the oats that cooking can damage and it is saves time in the morning.
  • Dre8604
    Dre8604 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Bump... Can't wait to try some of these! :-)
  • Docpremie
    Docpremie Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    This is my new favorite breakfast. It tastes amazing & is very filling. Plus it gets me almost halfway to protein goal at the start of the day. It makes my macros & calories so much easier to manage without sweating my protein intake all day!

Dole - Pineapple, Fresh, 1.5 oz
    Gourmet Nut - Dry Roasted Edamame, 1 oz (30g)
    Syntrax Nectar - Whey Protein Isolate Fruit Juice Flavor - Caribbean Cooler, 1 scoop
    Chobani - Low Fat Plain Greek Yogurt, 6 oz (170g)
    Kashi - Go Lean Crunch - Honey Almond Flax, 0.5 cup

Nutritional info: calories 480, fat 10 grams, carbs 45 grams, protein 60 grams & fiber 13 grams.
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • get10fit2013
    get10fit2013 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Lookmeintheeyes135
    Options
    Well I have tons of different breakfasts that I love to eat. Quick though? Ummm ..

Kashi GoLean original with skim milk and a banana
    Pb and j on toast with a side of fruit
    Jimmy dean delightfuls
    Peanut butter and banana oatmeal
    Peanut butter and jelly oatmeal
    Greek yogurt parfait

There's a lot for ya :)