Any gamers out there?

Options

Replies

• zagon_the_ultimate
    zagon_the_ultimate Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I've been on my third playthrough of Borderlands 2, and am in need of some new game ideas. I LOVE the Borderlands games, I recently played the new Tomb Raider, and loved it. I'm awful at driving simulators, I think my boyfriend likes to play Gran Turismo cuz I'm so bad lol.

Has anyone played the Bioshock games? I've heard they're cool, but I haven't gotten a chance to play them yet.

borderlands fan here too, what class are you using and style?

as for other games i would definatly reccomend:
    Darksiders I, II
    Skyrim (and Oblivion before that, its pretty good)
    SEIV (stratagy 4X type, older but still awesome)
    Fallout 3, New Vegas
    Half Life 2, episode 1 and 2
    Portal, Portal 2 (you MUST play them in order)
    Left 4 Dead, Left for Dead 2
    Dead Island (but not riptide)
    Sniper V.2
    Batman: Arkham Asylum, Arkham City

that should keep you busy for a bit.
  • blt0087
    blt0087 Posts: 115
    Options
    I've been on my third playthrough of Borderlands 2, and am in need of some new game ideas. I LOVE the Borderlands games, I recently played the new Tomb Raider, and loved it. I'm awful at driving simulators, I think my boyfriend likes to play Gran Turismo cuz I'm so bad lol.

Has anyone played the Bioshock games? I've heard they're cool, but I haven't gotten a chance to play them yet.

borderlands fan here too, what class are you using and style?

as for other games i would definatly reccomend:
    Darksiders I, II
    Skyrim (and Oblivion before that, its pretty good)
    SEIV (stratagy 4X type, older but still awesome)
    Fallout 3, New Vegas
    Half Life 2, episode 1 and 2
    Portal, Portal 2 (you MUST play them in order)
    Left 4 Dead, Left for Dead 2
    Dead Island (but not riptide)
    Sniper V.2
    Batman: Arkham Asylum, Arkham City

that should keep you busy for a bit.

I can't believe I left out Assassins Creed and the Portal games, those are all awesome!

I've heard a lot about Skyrim, but haven't gotten a chance to play that one either. I never really got into the Halo games cuz I play on a ps3 so I'm kinda SOL on that. But thanks for all the replies! These have all been added to my to-do list. Now if only games weren't so flingin-flangin expensive!
  • LaserOctopus
    LaserOctopus Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

"Now if only games weren't so flingin-flangin expensive!"
    [/quote]

Have you tried GameFly or one of those? I did GameFly for almost a decade, it's about half the price of a new game for the two-game plan, and you can keep them for months or drop them back in the mail after a hour. Sometimes I would go through four or five games a month, on two different systems.
    The unfortunate side effect is that now I'm ever *more* picky about my games, because I've played so many.
    The only reason I ever cancelled my subscription is my rental queue was getting smaller and smaller and less and less interesting as I started playing more on Steam and less on the 360. Also, when the 3DS came out, there weren't as many interesting games for the DS, which now just sits neglected on the shelf...
  • Releven
    Releven Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Skyrim is amazing, It's def worth checking out.
  • blt0087
    Options
    I havent tried gamefly, but ill look into it. Sounds kinda like Netflix..thanks!
  • LaserOctopus
    LaserOctopus Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Skyrim is amazing, It's def worth checking out.

Skyrim also has some fun DLCs with it. Dawnguard was OK, but added some interesting game concepts. Hearthfire seemed like little more than a novelty, but even with nearly 700 hours logged (because I'm an idiot, and have both the Steam and 360 versions of this and a few other favorite games), I still spend a stupid amount of time arranging my house. Dragonborn was particularly awesome, and a huge part of the fun for me was going back to visit locations I had previously spent hours exploring a million years ago in Morrowind.
  • HarryDotter
    Options
    Yes.
  • Followingsea
    Followingsea Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Surprised I haven't seen the Mass Effect trilogy mentioned yet. Love those games.
  • Bridgysmalls
    Options
    currently hooked on the last of us multiplayer - its got echoes of GOW multi-player about it and is just soo addictive.

Will probably make GTAV my last station game and then try and decide which next gen console to go with...probably PS4 but Titan Fall on the Xbox one is breathtakingly good...
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Love Mass Effect, Skyrim and currently playing through The Last of Us.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    Have been playing EverQuest (Crack) since 2003
    Played:
    World of Warcraft
    Aion
    Guildwars
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    Love Bioshock. Definitely play!

<3:drinker:

All Bioshocks are a must play
    Check out CS:GO for PC, League of Legends, Rift, Half Life, F.E.A.R.

I just bought a NES and Super Mario Bros 3....a lot of my time has gone into that
  • LibertyBelle89
    Options
    wouldnt consider myself a gamer but I do like playing COD black Ops (mainly killing zombies lol) & gran turismo with my boyfriend when he plays (he's a gamer for sure)

:)
  • blt0087
    Options
    currently hooked on the last of us multiplayer - its got echoes of GOW multi-player about it and is just soo addictive.

Will probably make GTAV my last station game and then try and decide which next gen console to go with...probably PS4 but Titan Fall on the Xbox one is breathtakingly good...

Ahhh, that's what I'm having trouble with. I've always been loyal to Sony, but Destiny looks freaking uh-mazing. But with the Xbox One being $100 more, I'm still having a hard time choosing.
  • Addis_Daddy12
    Addis_Daddy12 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Black Ops II... PS3=AngesGamer
  • Seik3n
    Seik3n Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The Last of Us is great. It gets very high reviews. I cycled the entire time I played it, was great to pass the time and ignore the burn.

Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas are along the same line as Borderlands and lots of fun.

Dues Ex: Human Revolution is awesome.

Dark Souls is probably the best game I've played in many years, but it can be challenging. Not for the impatient!
  • Nexus902
    Nexus902 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I haven't played bio shock myself but I have watched my boyfriend play it and its cool. Im getting started into more of the PSP games like breath of fire other RPG games like that. Also there is an online MMO called tale of solars which is really good.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    BioShock is a fantastic game. I just wish I had more time to play. I'm on BioShock 1 and I don't want to start the sequels until I'm done. I'm a little OCD about completing games in the right order. I even re-started BioShock because I wanted to beat it by saving all the creepy kids.

For all of you looking for other gamers, visit the MFP Gamers group:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/19-mfp-gamers
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    karate-champ.jpg
  • Followingsea
    Followingsea Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    The Last of Us is great. It gets very high reviews. I cycled the entire time I played it, was great to pass the time and ignore the burn.

Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas are along the same line as Borderlands and lots of fun.

Dues Ex: Human Revolution is awesome.

Dark Souls is probably the best game I've played in many years, but it can be challenging. Not for the impatient!

This post is basically my to do list, lol.