tips on losing weight quick plz

Options
I'm really desperate to lose about 25lbs which seems like nothing to wat some people are doing on here like losing 60 lbs and stuff like that's amazing! So I was wondering how u do it any tips hints anything im realy desperate cuz I feel like I'm getting Fatter uncomfortable and unconfident. So I try to eat healthy and I don't excersice alot but I will when school starts cuz I might join tennis so plz help! And thank u very much :) and great job to everyone!

Replies

• RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Check out a "ketogenic diet." You lose big in the first couple of weeks, but you do end up leveling out. There's a "low-carbs forum" on here that has a lot of very useful information on how to do it safely. Check out my food diary for an idea of a ketogenic diet. I've been doing it for about a month.
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Why put off exercising? Start now. Do little stuff, everything counts: go for a walk, move along to a youtube video, check websites for a free gym pass to a local place to see what you like- most chains offer a day to a week long pass.
    There's no quick way to lose the weight, but start carefully scrutinizing what you eat. Measure out portions and count calories. Staying under what MFP tells you will do wonders.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    If you forget about hurrying and set a reasonable, gradual goal, you will end up much healthier in the long run. Set MFP to lose .5 to 1 lb. a week and eat healthy foods but include treats in moderation. Don't under-feed yourself by leaving calories uneaten. Get exercise-- especially strength training -- a few times a week, and eat back at least some of the calories you burn doing that.
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Eat less. Move more.
  • irunoveru
    irunoveru Posts: 38
    Options
    ^^^ What she said!

Truth!
  • courtneyemilyy
    Options
    Before I begin, I do not recommend any diet and fitness plan that has the word "quick" or any word like that in it's title! Losing weight should not be expected to be fast or easy, there is no quick fix if you want to lose weight and KEEP IT OFF! Diets suck because you are starving your body of what it wants, and then once the diet is done you go crazy and gain it all back, OR you binge eat on "cheat days". Diets are out - lifestyle eating is in! Slowly make changes to your diet that are managable long term.

The first thing that obviously needs to be taken out of your diet is processed or "fake" foods. Anything with the words "fried", "battered" "rich" "creamy" etc. need to be taken out immediately! Stay away from fast food at all cost. Like sugar, fast food triggers an affect such as addictive drugs. And like any addictive substance, the more you have it, the more you want it;therefore, the less you have it, the less you want it! Next time you get a craving for lets say, supreme fries from KFC, wait 30min - chances are the craving will go away!

Another huge diet rule is this - don't snack after 9pm! Your metabolism is slowed down dirastically at night especially after 9pm, so any calories, fat, and sugar you intake late at night is pretty much stored as fat. Bad news bears all around. Try to walk around the house or drink a glass of water next time your getting the late night munchies! Your body will thank you for it. You will feel less gross in the morning too!

DRINK LOTS OF WATER. It makes a massive difference almost instantly. 6-8 cups daily is recommended. For those people, like myself, who never really drink water, at first that number seems unrealistic, but honestly once you start it is really easy to drink that much! Skip pop and swap it for a water :) I always have my water bottle with me so I don't have to buy a bottled water - better for the environment! Add some lemon, mint, or oranges for some taste!

Eat as much fruits and vegetables as you possibly can! Some people don't eat enough because it takes "longer" to prepare than lets say, some chips. But I have this cool tip for you! As soon as you bring your veggies etc. home from the grocery store, cut them up right away and put them in the fridge. That way, you have easy access to a healthy alternative!

Now for working out: Doing long full body workouts 3-4 days a week seems a little bit too much to keep up for long term when you are first start out, so I recommend doing what myself and some other fitness buffs do! Ever hear of guys at the gym saying stuff like "today's leg day" or "chest day" ? Well, that's because they take everyday of the week, except 1-2 rest days, and chose one section of the body to workout each day! For example, my schedual is:

Sunday: Rest Day, Monday, Plyo/Booty/Leg day, Tuesday: Arm/Back/Chest day Wednesday: Ab day + Cardio Thursday: Rest Day, Friday: Plyo/Booty/Leg day, Saturday: Arm/back/chest day Sunday: Rest

Im not gunna get into what to do for each workout, look those up on youtube! Hope I helped :) Good luck on your weight loss journey! Add me as a friend and ask any questions or if you just want a personal cheerleader :)
  • josephanson
    Options
    Drink Luke warm water with lemon and honey daily two times and go for a walk regularly for 45mins,then do exercise for 15mins and then after 2hrs have some light breakfast then before lunch time have salads.This will be your routine for a day.
  • morticia16
    morticia16 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Eat less. Move more.

This. Well, it worked for me. Rather impressively too, I had my doubts I'll loose at a steady rhythm. Control your calorie intake, make sure you burn more than you eat and move.
  • andiebaco
    andiebaco Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I don't think that there are any tips than the general things that I'm sure you know by now (eat less and move more).

- Don't put on excuses.. Start doing some exercise now! Walking, youtube, make the commitment and join a gym (for me, if I pay for it, that makes me want to go every single day more than if it's free). Do everything to create an habit of exercise until it's just not difficult anymore. If you're at the university it's even easier! So many options! I used to do some boxing classes while in the university and I loved it. IMO don't try tennis if you want to lose weight... unless you mix it up with weight training or you're a professional, the tennis is a little bit slow. I used to be in a tennis team, but I always mixed it up with other cardio opportunities (basketball + aerobics).

- Start logging food! I used to think that I ate so healthy.. Nothing fried, I really don't have a sweet tooth so cakes and chocolates were optional but not a necessitiy.. I didn't eat a lot of carbs and I ate a lot of veggies... However, instead ofl osing weight I was gaining weight! Why? Because apparently my perception of serving size was way out of proportion... I started logging and that's when I found out how many calories I was really eating... So get your TDEE (there are more people here that know more about this than I do.. so do a search in the forums), and start logging everything you eat... With time it'll be easier to know and you'll be learning for life not just as a quick solution...

This is all I have.. Other than that, there is no secret, no tips, nothing special but the basics... You need these two and dedication... People here are dedicated to reach their goals, and work for them. That's why they've been successful.. :flowerforyou:
  • Zjohnson11
    Zjohnson11 Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Another huge diet rule is this - don't snack after 9pm! Your metabolism is slowed down dirastically at night especially after 9pm, so any calories, fat, and sugar you intake late at night is pretty much stored as fat. Bad news bears all around. Try to walk around the house or drink a glass of water next time your getting the late night munchies! Your body will thank you for it. You will feel less gross in the morning too!

This is wrong. You can eat whenever you want. There is no cut off time to stop eating.
  • RebekahR84
    Options

This is wrong. You can eat whenever you want. There is no cut off time to stop eating.

I agree with Z because I work third shift. My dinner is at 02:30 AM.
  • kathymorgan21
    Options
    Hi, Rebekah can you tell me what foods have keytones in please, I have looked at your diary and I dont ear half as much as that and a lot of it i dont recognise Im really struggling to loose wieght also do you know what the 5 things are that you must avoid eating

thanks Kathy
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Before I begin, I do not recommend any diet and fitness plan that has the word "quick" or any word like that in it's title! Losing weight should not be expected to be fast or easy, there is no quick fix if you want to lose weight and KEEP IT OFF! Diets suck because you are starving your body of what it wants, and then once the diet is done you go crazy and gain it all back, OR you binge eat on "cheat days". Diets are out - lifestyle eating is in! Slowly make changes to your diet that are managable long term.

The first thing that obviously needs to be taken out of your diet is processed or "fake" foods. Anything with the words "fried", "battered" "rich" "creamy" etc. need to be taken out immediately! Stay away from fast food at all cost. Like sugar, fast food triggers an affect such as addictive drugs. And like any addictive substance, the more you have it, the more you want it;therefore, the less you have it, the less you want it! Next time you get a craving for lets say, supreme fries from KFC, wait 30min - chances are the craving will go away!

DRINK LOTS OF WATER. It makes a massive difference almost instantly. 6-8 cups daily is recommended. For those people, like myself, who never really drink water, at first that number seems unrealistic, but honestly once you start it is really easy to drink that much! Skip pop and swap it for a water :) I always have my water bottle with me so I don't have to buy a bottled water - better for the environment! Add some lemon, mint, or oranges for some taste!

Eat as much fruits and vegetables as you possibly can! Some people don't eat enough because it takes "longer" to prepare than lets say, some chips. But I have this cool tip for you! As soon as you bring your veggies etc. home from the grocery store, cut them up right away and put them in the fridge. That way, you have easy access to a healthy alternative!

Now for working out: Doing long full body workouts 3-4 days a week seems a little bit too much to keep up for long term when you are first start out, so I recommend doing what myself and some other fitness buffs do! Ever hear of guys at the gym saying stuff like "today's leg day" or "chest day" ? Well, that's because they take everyday of the week, except 1-2 rest days, and chose one section of the body to workout each day! For example, my schedual is:

Sunday: Rest Day, Monday, Plyo/Booty/Leg day, Tuesday: Arm/Back/Chest day Wednesday: Ab day + Cardio Thursday: Rest Day, Friday: Plyo/Booty/Leg day, Saturday: Arm/back/chest day Sunday: Rest

Im not gunna get into what to do for each workout, look those up on youtube! Hope I helped :) Good luck on your weight loss journey! Add me as a friend and ask any questions or if you just want a personal cheerleader :)

Great tips! Especially to wait 30 mins and see if a craving goes away.
  • RebekahR84
    Options
    Foods don't have ketones. Ketones are hormones that your body produces when your carb supply is empty. Once you produce ketones, you are in "ketosis." Ketosis means your body targets fat for energy. I've found that staying under 65 carbs per day keeps me in ketosis.

I'm on a plan through the Medical Weightloss and Wellness Clinic in Racine, WI. It's overseen by a doctor, nurses, and clinical staff. They do a physical with an EKG and blood work before you start. I highly recommend going this route if you're interested in a ketogenic diet, just because it's so different than what you're used to.

They've provided me prescription-level supplements as well as testing strips that I use every day to make sure I'm in ketosis. You're first in phase 1 on this diet. That is pretty much protein only. It only took me one day to get into ketosis. Then, in phase 2, you may incorporate a set amount of fruits and vegetables: 2-4 servings (no more than 2 cups of fruit, however) and unlimited leafy greens.

I hope this helped. Let me know if you have any other questions. :smile:
  • RebekahR84
    Options
    Hi, Rebekah can you tell me what foods have keytones in please, I have looked at your diary and I dont ear half as much as that and a lot of it i dont recognise Im really struggling to loose wieght also do you know what the 5 things are that you must avoid eating

thanks Kathy

Also, I rarely break over 1,200 calories per day, so if you're not eating half as much as I am, that could be the problem.

Sorry, I completely skimmed over the 5 foods to avoid question. Really, I just avoid carbs and any protein that is over 4 grams of fat per ounce. This is just until I'm at goal. My program has a maintenance plan that has you slowly reintroducing grains, other carbs, and high-fat foods.

It takes A LOT of discipline. I've slipped up a few times, but it really works if you keep at it.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    DISREGARD all this BS !!! weight loss takes time , if you want to drop 25+ pounds in a month get LIPO not to be harsh . Eat at a deficit , get in a healthy amount of calories and drop weight steady every week at a healthy rate .
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Check out a "ketogenic diet." You lose big in the first couple of weeks, but you do end up leveling out. There's a "low-carbs forum" on here that has a lot of very useful information on how to do it safely. Check out my food diary for an idea of a ketogenic diet. I've been doing it for about a month.

The weight loss is majority water and when you start eating carbs again you gain back loads of weight in the form of glycogen. BS .
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options

OP, firstly, completely ignore most of this, except for the water part. The rest is rubbish and makes it more complicated than it needs to be,

It's simple, you need to eat less than you burn. There is no quick fix. Set your MFP to lose 1lb a week, as sedentary, and then log and eat back your exercise calories.

Edited to add: I'm really shocked at the amount of bad info going on in here. Talk about making it complicated.
    OP, you don't need to eat low carb, 'clean', only 4 grams of fat per ounce, at certain times of the day, reintroduce your carbs at the end of your program etc etc. You can eat whatever you like as long as it's within your calorie allowance. You can eat at any time of the day.

The whole idea of this is to make it sustainable for life. Don't start anything you can't keep up forever,
  • andiebaco
    andiebaco Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    DISREGARD all this BS !!! weight loss takes time , if you want to drop 25+ pounds in a month get LIPO not to be harsh . Eat at a deficit , get in a healthy amount of calories and drop weight steady every week at a healthy rate .

Second this...
  • RebekahR84
    Options

I wouldn't call what has been working for someone else "BS" per se, but you're right. Eat at a deficit. I chose to rev my fat burning because I have poor will-power, and seeing quick results motivated me to keep with the program. My weight-loss has level out, but my body overall feels rejuvenated without all the carbs. It works for me, so I wouldn't discourage people from trying it.