Healthy cheat day?

Options
Have you ever had the urge to have a cheat day but with healthy food?
Like my perfect healthy cheat day would be...

Breakfast: Yogurt and strawberries
Snack: Mashed banana with cinnamon on a slice of rye bread.. and maybe some almond butter
Lunch: Boiled chicken with light mayo, lettuce, green bell peppers, onions, zucchini tomato with 2 slices of rye bread
Snack: Stewed apples with cinnamon on rye bread
Dinner: Salmon with roasted sesame dressing on a bed of lettuce, 2 slices banana bread

Too much fruits, too much bread.

Wish I could eat bread and fruits without gaining weight! A girl can dream! Lol

What's your favorite healthy cheat meal?

Replies

• Faery_Dust
    Faery_Dust Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    As long as it is within your calorie allowance (and you are not on say a keto diet or have a medical issue) then that day should be fine. Or am I missing something??
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Wish I could eat bread and fruits without gaining weight! A girl can dream! Lol

the what now?!
  • WanderingPomme
    WanderingPomme Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Make that chicken with mozzarella! Yum.

Bread makes me gain like crazy. I wish it didn't! I've been brainwashed by a diet program (that didn't count calories) that categorizes fruits into "good fruits" and "bad fruits". Strawberries and bananas fall under "bad fruits" So to me, it's a luxury! And I could only have 1 bad fruit a day, or none at all. Apples are limited to two times a day too, unless you've had a bad fruit then just one.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    That doesn't look like a cheat day at all. If you're within your calories that will have zero affect on you unless you're on a super low carb diet, in which case you will be replenishing glycogen and water with it.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I'd consider that a starving day...but I guess that depends how much fruit and berries you can scarf down and if it's considerably massive compared to the other things. And I consider healthy more of a balance then a some foods are healthy and some aren't but here goes (this is far to much protein for me but I'd enjoy it):

Breakfast: fruit dipped in plain greek yogurt
    (chocolate protein+egg)=pancake in sliced avocado rings done in coconut oil topped with natural crunchy peanut or almond butter
    milk

Lunch: Spinach Salad with fruit, and various roasted nuts with maple or my homemade vinaigrette dressing
    pepper stew (grilled peppers, tomatos, and fresh garlic clove, no spices, it's delicious, everyone should try it)

Supper: Homemade butter chicken with coconut milk with onion/veg mixed in ('cause that show I sneak myself onions)

Snack: frozen bananas dipped in cocoa and cinnamon, 'cause it's warm out.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    "Bad fruit"???

LMAO
  • Last2bfirst
    Last2bfirst Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Brkfst: Eggs over easy (3). Bacon (least 6 ) Bisquits and gravy.
    Lunch: Deep Fried Catfish, French Fries and cole slaw.
    Dinner: Chicken fried steak with gravy, smashed potatoe, corn and a big O'le Bisquit.

Now that is a cheat day :-)
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    "Bad fruit"???

LMAO
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJfnqLlqmFYZVpElDGviDJprTQzgeV5yf7DIyoDOkfG7DNfQUK-Q
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    "Bad fruit"???

LMAO
    I get it now! That is some BAD fruit!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

brilliant!
  • katz6910
    katz6910 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    "Bad fruit"???

LMAO

Love love love it! Thanks for the giggles!

5638134.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    OP, oh dear is all I can think of to say, apart from good and bad fruit and cheat days that are "healthy"...methinks you are destined to fail somewhat...gaining weight on bread and nuts? I eat them every day and they are part of my macros and calorie allowance...I am still losing weight because I am eating at a DEFICIT....food does not make you gain weight...and excess of food and therefore calories does...
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    If you normally eat low-carb and then you load up on bread you can see an increase in glycogen, but if you're under your calories it is not fat. Barring metabolic issues like PCOS there's no way to eat at a deficit and gain fat (and technically speaking if you have a metabolic disorder you're not eating at a deficit, which is the problem) even if you eat nothing but bread and fruit.

The day you laid out isn't a cheat day to me, it's just a normal day, assuming you stay close to your calorie goal.
  • bdtyson77302
    bdtyson77302 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm confused! This looks like a good day to me! Fruits are healthy! So good for you!!

My cheat days include mexican food, pizza, or a hamburger. I really cheat! lol I just work out SO hard when I get done!! And on days when I know we are going out to eat and I will be cheating I will make healthier choices for my other meals. There's always room for a "treat".
    I feel like you should be able to enjoy your food or you'll slip back into bad habits. I think I'm able to maintain because of my cheat days! :)
  • bdtyson77302
    bdtyson77302 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    "Bad fruit"???

LMAO
    I get it now! That is some BAD fruit!
    OMG...I'm laughing so hard...hilarious!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Why not just eat whatever you want as long as it fits in your day...? Hit your macros, keep your calorie goal.. boom, MAGIC!
  • WanderingPomme
    Options
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

LMAO okay this made me laugh.

You have to understand, I just came out of a program that really altered the way I think about food which ironically is now very unhealthy. And I realized my healthy cheat day is so ordinary compared to you guys! I'm also scared this program really messed up my hormones and I wont handle things normal people eat even if it is healthy.

I just want to eat apples, bananas and strawberries AND BREADDDDDDDDDDD!! Damn "bad" fruit mentality!

And hey, the banana bread... make that HALF a loaf! LOL (oooohh risky!) Yes, I live a sad life. *shakes her head*
  • WanderingPomme
    Options
    I'd consider that a starving day...but I guess that depends how much fruit and berries you can scarf down and if it's considerably massive compared to the other things. And I consider healthy more of a balance then a some foods are healthy and some aren't but here goes (this is far to much protein for me but I'd enjoy it):

Breakfast: fruit dipped in plain greek yogurt
    (chocolate protein+egg)=pancake in sliced avocado rings done in coconut oil topped with natural crunchy peanut or almond butter
    milk

Lunch: Spinach Salad with fruit, and various roasted nuts with maple or my homemade vinaigrette dressing
    pepper stew (grilled peppers, tomatos, and fresh garlic clove, no spices, it's delicious, everyone should try it)

Supper: Homemade butter chicken with coconut milk with onion/veg mixed in ('cause that show I sneak myself onions)

Snack: frozen bananas dipped in cocoa and cinnamon, 'cause it's warm out.

Mmmmm! Must try those!! Especially the frozen bananas and dressing!
  • ReclaimingSarah
    ReclaimingSarah Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Brkfst: Eggs over easy (3). Bacon (least 6 ) Bisquits and gravy.
    Lunch: Deep Fried Catfish, French Fries and cole slaw.
    Dinner: Chicken fried steak with gravy, smashed potatoe, corn and a big O'le Bisquit.

Now that is a cheat day :-)
    Oh, sweet baby Jesus, THAT'S what I'm talking about for a cheat day. Except I'd sub in the cole slaw for a bunch of hushpuppies.