hi everyone!

Options
Im new to the site. I have just completed my second week of induction on the Atkins diet and needed a good online journal site and perhaps some encouragement from time to time. I am curious if anyone else here is on Atkins. I feel bad when my account calculates the calories and fat and all that and most people are counting those but all i have to count is carbs, which is harder than you might think! oh my gawd. Either way, id love to connect with some people who are on the same plan as me and maybe i can even offer some insight into how i lost over 100 lbs the first time. (not on atkins) i am a pro at the whole weight loss experience which isnt to say im a pro at losing weight but i know the struggle and would like to help if i can.

Replies

• scentsykristen
    Options
    Hi. Welcome to MFP. I tried Atkins in the past but have now done an almost 180 and I am trying to eat a plant based diet, primarily. It's called a "nutritarian" diet because every calorie you eat should be backed by really good nutrition. We'll see how it goes. I am excited about it.

Have you tried Atkins before? I think this site really is great for logging your food intake and for finding support. I hope it helps you.
  • kathleenpenrod
    kathleenpenrod Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm not on Atkins but am new to the site as well. I want to lose 60 pounds. I have already lost four. That seems like nothing but man when you really do lose it (not a denial about your scale's fluctuations) it feels so good! I could use some support from somebody who lost weight like you before - holy moly! good job! I'm here for you too!
  • payton58
    payton58 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Can't be much help with the "Adkins Diet", I have spoken with some different doctors and pretty much been told specific diets are not long term solutions. Been doing some reading and pretty much what I find is it is all calorie intake & exercise that are going to be the best solution. So having said all that me and my three daughters have been using MYFITNESSPAL and loving it. We have challenged each other to drop 25 lbs by December and we wanna do it so that we will keep it off. So far the four of us have lost 28 lbs all together. We, of course, are set up on here where we can keep up with each other and it is helping so much. I really appreciate this site and the ease of using it. I hope you continue on your journey and find MYFITNESSPAL to be of help. A day at a time, that is what it takes. Best of luck and welcome aboard.