Healthy cheat day?

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I just want to eat apples, bananas and strawberries

What makes them bad? I can list about 100 things about each that is healthy and very, very good for you and your body and health. The only "negative" might be the sugar or that bananas can be 100 calories each, so best not to eat an entire bunch every day, but those things really aren't a big deal in the grand sceme.
  • kellyhdent
    kellyhdent Posts: 46
    Options
    Brkfst: Eggs over easy (3). Bacon (least 6 ) Bisquits and gravy.
    Lunch: Deep Fried Catfish, French Fries and cole slaw.
    Dinner: Chicken fried steak with gravy, smashed potatoe, corn and a big O'le Bisquit.

Now that is a cheat day :-)
    I like your style.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Okay, I can see where you might consider eating half a loaf of banana bread as cheating, but you definitely need to shake the mindset that fruit is bad for you.
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Breakfast
    Yogurt, muesli and honey

Snack
    Tahini and honey

Lunch
    Chicken caesar salad wraps

Snack
    Hazelnut flour shortbread

Dinner
    Roast lamb and veg with gravy

Dessert
    Chocolate and banana pudding
  • WanderingPomme
    WanderingPomme Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Dinner: Chicken fried steak with gravy, smashed potatoe, corn and a big O'le Bisquit.

Okay. Your cheat day... waaaaaaaaaay better than mine.
  • WanderingPomme
    Options
    I just want to eat apples, bananas and strawberries

What makes them bad? I can list about 100 things about each that is healthy and very, very good for you and your body and health. The only "negative" might be the sugar or that bananas can be 100 calories each, so best not to eat an entire bunch every day, but those things really aren't a big deal in the grand sceme.

Yup, that would be it! The high sugar content! I just hate that they limited me to 2 fruits a day EVEN in maintenance! Just makes me want it more than I should.
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options

^^ Agree!! :love:
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    What diet has told you strawberries are bad? And why? I've heard the "bananas are bad" thing, but I know better. Think critically and look beyond diet dogma.
  • WanderingPomme
    Options
    Okay, I can see where you might consider eating half a loaf of banana bread as cheating, but you definitely need to shake the mindset that fruit is bad for you.

I know. I really do. Too much fruit a day though, right? Or maybe not. Again, I am brainwashed.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    With all due respect this looks like a very boring cheat day to me with 5-7 slices of bread and not much else. Would not be worth it to me There are more interesting ways to spend those calories.....:o).
    Also with all that bread , I think the menu is not overly healthy........
  • rml_16
    Options

I know. I really do. Too much fruit a day though, right? Or maybe not. Again, I am brainwashed.
    In 12 weeks, I dropped three dress sizes and 30 pounds eating at least five servings of fruit in my smoothie every day.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    OP doesn't understand how this works...
  • WanderingPomme
    Options
    Breakfast
    Yogurt, muesli and honey

Snack
    Tahini and honey

Lunch
    Chicken caesar salad wraps

Snack
    Hazelnut flour shortbread

Dinner
    Roast lamb and veg with gravy

Dessert
    Chocolate and banana pudding

*drooling* now I want a chicken caesar wrap and banana pudding.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    "Bad fruit"???

LMAO
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJfnqLlqmFYZVpElDGviDJprTQzgeV5yf7DIyoDOkfG7DNfQUK-Q
    I get it now! That is some BAD fruit!
    OMG...I'm laughing so hard...hilarious!
    Hey baby, peel like a good time?
  • WanderingPomme
    Options
    Ang108, this would be a "healthy" cheat day for ME! Others have extra protein, I want extra carbs! Lol

rml_16, wuhooo! Good for you. I wish my body processed fruit the same way. Maybe it does! I shall give it a try one of these days.

LolBroScience, You know, I really don't. This is why I'm here! To learn.
  • AnneTanne0
    AnneTanne0 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I just hate that they limited me to 2 fruits a day EVEN in maintenance! Just makes me want it more than I should.

Who is the 'they' that limited you to 2 fruits a day?

You cheat day looks more like my normal day, and I'm having a hard time finding reaching my calorie-goal...
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Certain foods will not make you gain or lose weight more effectively than other foods.

It boils down to energy balance.
  • rml_16
    Options
    Ang108, this would be a "healthy" cheat day for ME! Others have extra protein, I want extra carbs! Lol

rml_16, wuhooo! Good for you. I wish my body processed fruit the same way. Maybe it does! I shall give it a try one of these days.

LolBroScience, You know, I really don't. This is why I'm here! To learn.
    Are you diabetic?

Your posts are contradictory and don't make a lot of sense. Eat the freaking fruit.

And don't boil chicken.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I'd consider that a starving day...but I guess that depends how much fruit and berries you can scarf down and if it's considerably massive compared to the other things. And I consider healthy more of a balance then a some foods are healthy and some aren't but here goes (this is far to much protein for me but I'd enjoy it):

Breakfast: fruit dipped in plain greek yogurt
    (chocolate protein+egg)=pancake in sliced avocado rings done in coconut oil topped with natural crunchy peanut or almond butter
    milk

Lunch: Spinach Salad with fruit, and various roasted nuts with maple or my homemade vinaigrette dressing
    pepper stew (grilled peppers, tomatos, and fresh garlic clove, no spices, it's delicious, everyone should try it)

Supper: Homemade butter chicken with coconut milk with onion/veg mixed in ('cause that show I sneak myself onions)

Snack: frozen bananas dipped in cocoa and cinnamon, 'cause it's warm out.

Mmmmm! Must try those!! Especially the frozen bananas and dressing!
    If you like sweet the pepper stew really is delicious. Grill the peppers until they're sweet and soft and it feels like you can peel the skin off, add just as many tomatos, and 1 clove of garlic, and stew until water is mostly gone and take out the clove. It tastes like a bunch of spices have been added, and has a sweet taste about it (but not sickly sweet). It's delicious. Got it in an italian recipe book
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options

It depends on your individual goals. I think when most people consider a 'cheat day' they consider higher calorie, higher fat foods. Not potentially higher sugar foods (although sugar may come as an addition to the other cravings we seek to fill).

I think you need to examine why you feel that fruit, rather than the carbs, are bad. I'm totally with you on the bread. My cheat days usually consist of something I can't have often, like banana bread or cheese bread, where I know I can't generally have 'just one slice' and have to eat an entire loaf. XD