100 lbs. Omg. Really?!

Options
Yeah. I found it hard to believe that I needed to loose 100 lbs. The number alone sounds daunting. 100 of ANYTHING sounds nearly overwhelming. But I'm now in week 1 and on day 4 of my new life. I'm a SAHM of 3 boys. Both of my parents have some form of heart disease. I HAVE to do something. I want to know what it's like to be 100 pounds lighter. I want to know what it's like to shop in stores that I've NEVER been able to shop in. I've always been heavy and I've always known that I was heavy. I can remember a time in elementary school that I was playing soccer in gym class. I really enjoyed it...but wasn't in good enough shape to run even half the field. I REALLY wanted to play soccer more but I didn't know to speak up. I think of how much my life could have changed if that little girl had spoken up and asked for help. Now it's time for this woman to speak up and take control.

I have my workout routine. I've met with my trainer. I have a brand spankin new gym membership along with a few new clothes and shoes to workout in. Tonite will be my 4th nite in a row to make it to the gym. I'm ready. I'm doing it.

And nothing is going to stop me.

Replies

• GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!
  • disnyfan
    disnyfan Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Baby steps! I have 100 to loose too but one month from today I started and have already lost 16. You can do it!
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are determined! Good job and sometimes the going gets tough - come on here and get the support you need to kick your butt into gear to go to the gym when you don't want to!
  • bmq98
    bmq98 Posts: 78
    Options
    hi jen, i am so with you - that same number blew my mind! and i'm here too, getting it together. i'm adding you as a friend, to cheer you on and provide any support I can. i think its great that you're on day 4 at the gym -- keep going! eventually i am sure you will be an inspiration to everyone around you :-)
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    You just keep up the focus and determination and education and you WILL succeed. I joined MFP a year ago yesterday and have lost about 80 pounds since then. :flowerforyou:
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Wow, that story was really touching. Ya know what? That little girl is speaking up now. She is pointing you in the right direction. Good luck to you!!!
  • mcoombe
    mcoombe Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Do it in 5's! Celebrate every milestone! 5lbs is easier to swallow right? Then 10, then 15, etc. 10% should get you something special like a pedi!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I wish you the best of luck.. you should break it out into smaller goals, losing 25lbs 4 times might not be as daunting
  • Lithuria
    Options
    Good luck with this! I came here 3 weeks ago with approx 183 lb's to loose, but now I only have 176 lb's to loose so that's still progress and every pound counts!
  • scentsykristen
    Options
    You are inspiring! I identified with wanting to know what it is like to be 100 lbs lighter. Really, what does it feel like to walk into a store and buy something that fits and looks great! What does it feel like to not cringe at a picture of yourself? What does it feel like to run a mile and not hate every single step of it?

We can do it!
  • sharonmac
    Options
    Wow what a touching story! You can do it. Just need to put our mind to it. Best of luck to you on your journey
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    you can do it!! take baby steps...we are here for you
  • ddbarnes65
    Options
    You can do it! I'll be praying.
  • VJ150
    VJ150 Posts: 453
    Options
    You can do it. I too had over 100 lbs to loose and now I have 89 to go. Take it one day at a time. And congrats on day 4 at the gym!!:flowerforyou:
  • TheRealErinHisc
    Options
    I had over 100 pounds to lose when I started. I'm not too far into my journey. I'm sure we can both do it.

Good luck!
  • mkpeacock
    Options
    I don't have quite 100 to loose but I to was like OMG! I to was the child that desperately wanted to play sports but didnt wanna speak up! I never done anything tell high school and I was in color guard for 2 weeks and quit because I didn't wanna have to where the outfit I was to big for that!! 150lbs and only 4'8" I was huge compared to the other girls! I am only 5' tall now so I know 150 is to high and I am going to have to go smaller Doctor guild lines state 97lbs to 120lbs this to me seems a little small but I have almost always been big I was 110 one time in my life that was from 12-15 only because I was Bulimic :cry: I started 3 weeks ago and have already dropped 15lbs and I am starting to look better even to me so I cant wait to get closer to my goal!!!! GOOD LUCK to you I know you can do this as well!!!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM of a 2yo crazy girl, and almost 3/4 of the way to my 100 lb lost goal. I've done the shopping in new stores, sliding into the tiniest clothes ever, and let me tell you

IT SO TOTALLY ROCKS!

I started in a size 24 jeans last October and just squeaked into a size 6 last week (with really ugly muffin top, mind you, but I got them buttoned and zip *evil laugh*).

It's worth the journey. Keep your eye on the prize. Make every day count.
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! I'm very happy for you. It does sound overwhelming and daunting. Just keep telling yourself, I just need to lose ten more pounds. It seems alot more bearable that way.
  • page68
    page68 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Great attitude! Major component to success IMHO. Sounds like you're ready to "keep it real" NOT perfect, but real!
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Just keep going! We are all in this together!!