New to MFP and from NOVA

Options
Hello everyone.
I am a 25 year old recent graduate in the field of broadcasting and I am currently residing in the NOVA area.
I guess I am just interested in meeting people to pick their brains for knowledge and help me stay motivated.
I am terrible at sticking with a regiment. A week or two into it I lose my motivation or enthusiasm. So hopefully that doesn't happen. I am rather silly and weird (normal is overrated and typical) but great to get along with.
..... What is this a personal ad?

Sorry, probably getting off topic. But anyways, just wanted to introduce myself and say hi to everyone.
Feel free to add me.:happy:

Replies

• HisStrengthCounselor
    HisStrengthCounselor Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Welcome, this a great site to help you stay on track, you just have to be willing to stick with it!:wink:
  • shiftier
    shiftier Posts: 7
    Options
    Thanks! That is one of my goals lol
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I've heard it takes 21 days to make a new behavior a habit. I'm not sure about that because it takes me a lot longer. This is about a lifestyle change, not a regimen. A regimen makes it sound like we're in some kind of boot camp and that sounds sort of painful ... :smile:

Feel free to add me if you want. I try to be somewhat funny but it doesn't always come out that way. I am always supportive though. Have a good day and good luck on your journey!
  • shiftier
    Options
    Thanks bmckinneybc,

I have heard that too. But I think I am one of those that it takes longer but I am willing to stick with it, or at least try to lol. I will add you.
  • amlygo
    amlygo Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am in NOVA. I thought I lack motivation too but here I am 65 days later and going strong. Good luck!
  • NewMommyinVA2013
    NewMommyinVA2013 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new - ok I guess I've had an account for a little while but didn't do anything with it! I'm in NOVA too - and it would be great to have people close to help with the motivation!

I have about 85lbs I'd like to lose!
  • shiftier
    Options
    amlygo,

65 days! Nice! Congrats. I envy you. I hope that I can make that life change for 65+ days too

newmommyinva2013,

Yeah that is what I am coming to find out. It's easier to stay on track with neighboring people. Also congrats on being a new mommy :smile: