NO Yogurt - need substitute

Options
soccermom1013
soccermom1013 Posts: 31 Member
I am looking for a substitue for yogurt. I hate it. Smell, texture, everything about it. So I am looking for a healthy alternative to use in smoothies, parfaits, etc.

Replies

• Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I do mine without yogurt, I use milk or sour cream, maybe you could try that?
    Have you tried Greek Yogurt, the texture is different too
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Just use milk.

Maybe throw in a Yakult, to still get the good bacteria in as well.
  • ghsfitnesspal
    ghsfitnesspal Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    plain fromage frais? slightly thicker than yoghurt, less tangy? Might be too similar, but may be worth trying!
  • BunkyBumBum
    BunkyBumBum Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Just use a banana in your smoothies with a bit of milk. I toss a banana in with about 1.5 cups of frozen fruit (berries or pineapple) and about 1 cup of almond milk and blend it up, nice smooth texture. No yogurt needed!
  • MaureenC127
    MaureenC127 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Try almond milk
  • soccermom1013
    Options
    Just use a banana in your smoothies with a bit of milk. I toss a banana in with about 1.5 cups of frozen fruit (berries or pineapple) and about 1 cup of almond milk and blend it up, nice smooth texture. No yogurt needed!

Thanks, I'll try it this way.
  • soccermom1013
    Options
    Try almond milk

I've never had Almond Milk. I'll have to give it a try.
  • carakit
    carakit Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you I HATE yogurt! It doesnt matter what kind it is I cant stand the stuff. I like to use almond milk also. Or like someone else suggested a banana.
  • artsycella
    artsycella Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    No advice beyond that already given (I second the banana and milk suggestion)--just want to say that you're not alone with hating yogurt. I hate it too. I've tried so many kinds, trying t find one I like, and the closest I've ever come is Yoplait Thick & Creamy--which is probably worse for me than just eating pudding.

Good luck on finding a substitute!
  • Lalasharni
    Lalasharni Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Low fat cream cheese?