MAD, ANNOYED, DISCOURAGED! HELP!

Options
13»

Replies

• elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Eat more protein. I eat greek yogurt for breakfast every day and it really helps. If you still want cereal, mix it in the yogurt.
  • Bigjuicyhog
    Bigjuicyhog Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I just ate styrofoam packing peanuts and I am still hungry! HALP!
  • UnicornBaconsEsq
    Options
    I agree with above, so I didn't want to just pile on some more because I think the message is pretty clear. What's stunning to me though is how much more you can eat if you switch to actual, real and minimally processed food versus a bunch of refined carbs. So that takes care of a lot of the problems you have with being starving all the time.

Personally, I don't eat low fat, but I watch carbs really closely. My fat intake is probably a lot higher than a lot of people on here but my carbs are probably way lower. I have found that most grain-based foods tend to upset my stomach a lot and make me bloated. So the majority of my carbs come from vegetables, a few of the lowest sugar fruits, nuts and very occasionally beans. Sugar makes me eat like I'm some kind of bottomless pit so I avoid it as much as I can too. It also makes my face break out, so a nice side effect of clearing it out of my diet is that my skin looks fantastic for the first time in my life. This might not work for everyone, but eating like this is what keeps me going and stops me from feeling hungry literally all the time. It's also changed my palate a lot- used to be a certifiable carb junky and now I just don't get that excited about most of that stuff because it doesn't taste very good anymore.

Overall though, the idea is, eat some real food. Don't eat crap. Eat until you're full, then stop.
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    First post damn all I eat is cardboard cereal help help.

Um...
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Damn, do you really mean that dlbsomething, having posted the first ever post here, has never posted anything else on the dlbsomething thread? Crikey,
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Damn, do you really mean that dlbsomething, having posted the first ever post here, has never posted anything else on the dlbsomething thread? Crikey,

What is a dlbsomething and a dlbsomething thread?
  • dlbkr
    dlbkr Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks thanks thanks to each of you! Sorry I haven't been around. I went and bought several lunch snackie things which are tuna and crackers, etc. I WILL DO THIS.
  • kathyfronk1
    kathyfronk1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Lose the potatoes, lose the breads, eat protein, fiber, veggies, 3 or more meals a day, largest in the morning, smallest at dinner and drink lots of water! Drink water if your hungry first, wait 15 minutes, if still hungry then eat- your probably dehydrated..
  • Iwanttobeahotwife
    Options
    agree, too many carbs -- bread, rice krispies, potatoes. I also had what felt like a "good" day today. having a piece of leftover French bread when i was hungry cost me >150 calories and picking the pasta instead of the chicken was a dumb decision, even though I chose the garden salad and mixed vegs instead of the potatoes AND rice that came with the fixed meal... tomorrow pick a veggie or a fruit instead of the starch. one meal at a time.
  • Binkie1955
    Binkie1955 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    ONE BOWL of rice krispies with 2% milk.
    a baked potato,
    a slice of toast.
    2 more bowls of rice krispies with 2% milk

this won't work, its a high carbohydrate diet. So start over. limit carbohydrates to no more than 50 grams per day. use the custom feature on MFP and start over.
  • TaydurrTots
    Options
    Replace regular milk with almond milk, You don't notice the difference in cereal :)
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    ONE BOWL of rice krispies with 2% milk.
    a baked potato,
    a slice of toast.
    2 more bowls of rice krispies with 2% milk

this won't work, its a high carbohydrate diet. So start over. limit carbohydrates to no more than 50 grams per day. use the custom feature on MFP and start over.

Ha! Tell that to the Kelloggs Special K peeps, who have the commercial that says eat 2 bowls of Special K a day and another healthy meal.
  • mittencat77
    mittencat77 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    If I ate that, I would be miserable!

I am only on 1200 and I am fine. Feel free to check out my diary. Rice Crispies isn't really real food. You likely need some fiber and to structure meals around protein a bit more. You want to get some calorie dense, filling foods. Fruits, veg., decent proteins.

don't give up. You just need to modify what you eat. I have cut no food out. I am 4'11 and weigh 100 lbs, workout hard, and have lots of energy. But you need to have fuel and balance. What you listed will not give you either and it will be far too hard on good ole you!