mini goal challenge..who's with me ;)

Options
13»

Replies

• manoozo
    manoozo Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I want to be honest and track every little bit. not kid myself with a nibble here..nibble there.
    yea! that's what i'm talking about :wink:
    it's ok to enjoy a treat every once in a while, but not every day, right?!
    stick to your goal for 1 week and tell us how you feel on next Thursday here on this topic :wink:
  • manoozo
    Options
    the goal i set for myself for this week was going to bed in the PM! between 10-12 o'clock. I tend to go to bed way too late / early in the AM. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I succeeded. This second half of the week I will too. Then down the road I'll try to make 10pm (latest) my fixed bed time. Baby steps :)
    i have the same problem too ...itoo will try to go to bed early to get up early...:smile:
    Good luck to us both on that:smile:
    i'll see you next Thursday to tell us how it was :wink:
  • manoozo
    Options
    I am in and mine will be snacking randomly, instead I will stick to my diary instead of altering it to accommodate snacking...I run a daycare and seem to snack a tad everytime the kids eat a meal or have a snack...a few crackers, few fries, chicken nuggets.....bites of stuff and not cuz I am hungry but because I make extra thinking they will eat it and I hate waste...so yup done with it and will welcome waste and stick to my original diary:)
    loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool !!:laugh:
    i'm so glad you're thinking this way...although i don't like waste myself :blushing: ....but being healthy is much much important than that ...
    i know you'll do great :flowerforyou:
    next Thursday come to this topic and tell us how was it :smile:
  • jim9097
    jim9097 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I just don't understand the obsession with not eating carbs or eating them after a certain time. See this article:
    http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/07/21/4-reasons-to-have-your-late-night-snack/
    Now this does not mean eat a bag of doritos before going to bed, but a moderate snack before bad is not a bad thing.
  • manoozo
    Options
    OK....about me , i did pretty well for 6 days, and in the middle of the week i was up late, and kinda forgot about the chalenge, but don't worry ,i managed to stop myself in the wright moment...so i'm pretty proud of myself......
    to make it more chalenging, i have another mini goal for me
    i've been a bit sluggish this week about workout, i workout 4 days aweek....so this week i'll workout everyday and try not to miss any workout whatever happens ...i'm determined ,and i'm going to stick to this
    i'm really very proud of all of us........and remember to keep it up ,an even if there was a day where you felt bad or gone off track ..just remember you're not alone...i know i'm here for you, and you're here for me :smile: , tomorrow is always a better day...stay motivated:wink::flowerforyou:
  • manoozo
    Options
    I just don't understand the obsession with not eating carbs or eating them after a certain time. See this article:
    http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/07/21/4-reasons-to-have-your-late-night-snack/
    Now this does not mean eat a bag of doritos before going to bed, but a moderate snack before bad is not a bad thing.
    oh we eat carbs all the time, with moderation....i get after dinner healthy snacks, but not the high carb ones....and if you ant to go to bed early, then you should stop eating 2-3 hours before bedtime...right?
  • leavingofliverpool
    leavingofliverpool Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Good luck Manoozo with the workout programme. I admire the self-starting ethos of anyone who drags themselves to a gym or exercise zone!! That definitely a step futher on my horizon, but concentrating focus on eating side for now.
  • LaNancy415
    Options
    I didn't do too good I admit it. Exercising in the summer is fun for some but I just can't take the heat and even at 930pm is still 75-8o degrees out. So I didn't exercise like I set out to but I would like to start exercising in the morning even if I have to wake up at 4:30 in the morning to start work at 6:00 another mini goal set hope I can keep!!
  • LaNancy415
    Options
    OK....about me , i did pretty well for 6 days, and in the middle of the week i was up late, and kinda forgot about the chalenge, but don't worry ,i managed to stop myself in the wright moment...so i'm pretty proud of myself......
    to make it more chalenging, i have another mini goal for me
    i've been a bit sluggish this week about workout, i workout 4 days aweek....so this week i'll workout everyday and try not to miss any workout whatever happens ...i'm determined ,and i'm going to stick to this
    i'm really very proud of all of us........and remember to keep it up ,an even if there was a day where you felt bad or gone off track ..just remember you're not alone...i know i'm here for you, and you're here for me :smile: , tomorrow is always a better day...stay motivated:wink::flowerforyou:
  • LaNancy415
    Options
    Thanks for getting us motivated really appreciated the positivity and good luck on your exercise plan remember when your feeling lazy and not in the moon to work out you can always do something light like yoga or a walk not all exercise has to be strenuous especially if you want to do it daily something I need to work on myself I get lazy or unmotivated and instead if doing nothing I should at lest do something :)
  • courtneyemilyy
    Options
    I even posted on another forum talking about no food after 9pm, but I still find myself guilty of nibbling out of the fridge late at night sometimes! This will be my goal too! I'll just drink a glass of water when i get munch! Oh and another goal of mine is to do cardio everyday! I always wuss out of cardio because then I am too sweaty and tired to do my other routines (plus I live downtown toronto and walk everywhere all day). Atleast 15-20 minutes on the treadmill everyday for me!
  • stitchinowl
    stitchinowl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This is my first post, just joined 5 days ago. My mini-goals are to exercise every single day, and to cut down sugar in my coffee from 2 tsp to 1 tsp.
  • leavingofliverpool
    Options
    Good luck to you both....i only joined last week but been a great help to me !
  • manoozo
    Options
    i'm really sorry guys, i had an internet connection problem so i could't log in :embarassed:
  • manoozo
    Options
    Thanks for getting us motivated really appreciated the positivity and good luck on your exercise plan remember when your feeling lazy and not in the moon to work out you can always do something light like yoga or a walk not all exercise has to be strenuous especially if you want to do it daily something I need to work on myself I get lazy or unmotivated and instead if doing nothing I should at lest do something :)
    oh thank you :flowerforyou:
    i figured that out really late, i just tried yoga and it turned out to be awesome :happy: , and it sure feel better to do this low intensity excersice than not doing anything at all...
    you know , i workout at night because the weather becomes better...and i keep myself hydrated all day , an deven when i'm working out i drink lots of water ,in case i felt really sweaty and hot :happy:
    just remember the feeling you get when you finish your workout, and this should push you forward :wink:
  • manoozo
    Options
    This is my first post, just joined 5 days ago. My mini-goals are to exercise every single day, and to cut down sugar in my coffee from 2 tsp to 1 tsp.
    welcome to myfitnesspal :flowerforyou:
    that's great goal :happy: an dit's a step forward , reducing sugar will give you great results...
    try working out every day for 1 week then get here on this topic on Thursday, and tell us how was it :wink:
    just remember to do moderate- high intensity workout for 6 days and always take one rest day :wink:
    i
  • manoozo
    Options
    I even posted on another forum talking about no food after 9pm, but I still find myself guilty of nibbling out of the fridge late at night sometimes! This will be my goal too! I'll just drink a glass of water when i get munch! Oh and another goal of mine is to do cardio everyday! I always wuss out of cardio because then I am too sweaty and tired to do my other routines (plus I live downtown toronto and walk everywhere all day). Atleast 15-20 minutes on the treadmill everyday for me!
    oh you've got to be careful , we don't say don't eat after 9, we say don't eat high harmful carbs after 9......if you're hungry ( like i am at midnight) , i eat greek yogurt, or fruit , or yogurt with fruit, anything delicious that is enough to stop your hunger and cravings but also good and doesn't make you gain weight :smile:
    so next time you're hungry in the middle of the night, you know what to do....
    if you stop eating then you'll findd yourself nibbling even more harmful food ( been there, done that :ohwell: ) ,so you need to eat right, not eat less :flowerforyou:
    water is just great , i do drink water first when i feel hungry, because the body may confuse thirst with hunger
    i love your mini goals :wink:
    next time you wuss out of cardio ,think how it feels like to finish a whole workout, i know you'll be even more proud of yourself as we will be proud of you :flowerforyou:
    cardio doesn't consume your energy..it INCREASES IT :wink: , maybe the first week you'll feel exhausted, but then you'll feel energized and you will get addicted to it :smokin:

so here is the deal...for 7 days you don't eat carbs after 9 ..(at least 3 hours before bed time) , and every time you feel hungry get water first, and workout for 6 days ( the 7th is the rest day )
    and get here on this topic on Thursday and tell us how was it
    we'll always be here for you :wink:
  • stitchinowl
    stitchinowl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    welcome to myfitnesspal :flowerforyou:
    that's great goal :happy: an dit's a step forward , reducing sugar will give you great results...
    try working out every day for 1 week then get here on this topic on Thursday, and tell us how was it :wink:
    just remember to do moderate- high intensity workout for 6 days and always take one rest day :wink:
    i
    Thanks! So far I have cut down the sugar in my coffee from 2 to 1.5 tsp for the past 3 days and hope to cut it down to 1 by next Thursday.
  • leavingofliverpool
    Options
    Hello mini-goal people.my aim this week was to give up crisps, and have cut them from 2 packs a day to 1, and made sure it is a small size or a 'lite' option. Also discovered fruit for snacks. And sliced gren pepper flavoured witn dash of tabasco.

Hope everyone ok and best of luck to all on goals.