Take Your Measurements!!

Options
BeckyJo19
BeckyJo19 Posts: 49 Member
Trust me...when the scale isn't moving as fast as you'd like, this will make you feel much, MUCH better!

I hadn't taken measurements since March 1st. From August 2012 to March 1st I lost a total of 15 inches. From March 1st to today I've lost another 15.5 inches! That's 30.5 inches total! I measured twice because I didn't believe the tape!
Now I'm not feeling so bad that the scale hasn't moved this week :-D

Replies

• emilycarr71404
    emilycarr71404 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Amazing! I am going to take mine again on my next WI day. All my clothes are fitting loosely now so I want to see how much I might have lost inch-wise.
  • whipsmart10014
    Options
    SO TRUE!! I cleaned up my diet and began a strength training interval program 12 weeks ago. Despite the scale reading 4lbs heavier than it did in May, my chest-waist-hip measurements have decreased from 36-28-38 to 34-25-36.
  • SkinnyMsFitness
    SkinnyMsFitness Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    You're very correct! I've never taken measurements, but when I'm moving up notches, or shall I say down, I can see I've lost a few inches....6 to be exact!! Yayayayay!!!!!
  • SarahIluvatariel
    SarahIluvatariel Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    When people say they've lost X inches... what do they mean? From where, exactly? Is there a standard of what inches lost that they're adding? (Is it bust/waist/hips all added together? or is that only their waist?)
  • BeckyJo19
    BeckyJo19 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I measure bust, waist, hips, thighs, and arms. The 30 inches is from all over. Everything added up.
  • mayonie1
    mayonie1 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    That's motivating, I lost 1inch in waist in a week but nothing on scale.
  • autumn26
    autumn26 Posts: 44
    Options
    That is so so great and totally motivating!
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I prefer measurements cuz those are the ones you show the world, you cant carry your scale everywhere! Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!