Hello :) new to fitnesspal

Options
Hi All

I just joined myfitnesspal about....4 days ago. So far i'm loving it.. I find it really easy to keep track of what i'm eating, and have found myself shocked (and disgusted!) at the end of some days.... however I'm already down 2.3 lbs since I signed up, so I must be doing something right (or my scale is off!)

I'm looking to lose 50 lbs to start, and ultimate goal is 80 lbs. I"ve tried alot of fad diets and other calorie counting websites, but have never stuck with them. I'm at my highest weight ever of 266 (now 263.7). I'm a 29 year old female, and what's really motivated me this time is my wedding next year. I lack the willpower and love my sweets way too much. I'm really hoping to make a strong go of this and if I see even .1 come off that scale, that's going to keep me going!

Good luck all :)

Replies

• Kimsfitness46
    Options
    Hello Batgirl,

I'm sure you will reach your goal if you don't give up on yourself. It will be hard at times but well worth the fight. I haven't been tracking my food only my excise, but after reading your comments I'm going to start tracking my food as well. I have to lose 20lbs to be at my idea weight of 167 I'm 187 now. I have very large bones so if I get any smaller than that I look really sickly. Keep you the good work. Hope to talk you to you soon.

Kimfitness46
  • rochey_1
    rochey_1 Posts: 37
    Options
    Welcome :))

And now you have a friend to help and support you on your journey.

29 too and currently 250lbs...We're starting our journey together :))

Add me as a friend and my food diary is open if you wanna snoop ;)

if you need any help with your food/diet etc...Just hit me up <3
  • batgirl_273
    batgirl_273 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hey all, good to know i'm not alone, and its great to be able to give tips to each other on what's worked and what hasn't.

@kimsfitness - its interesting to see that the things you're eating you THOUGHT were good... aren't. I couldn't believe how much sodium/sugar were in some of my favorite "healthy" foods. I'm over on my sugar intake almost daily, so I'm trying to find a way to fix that. I started my new eating habits with yogurt and granola as a snack, only to realize that granola is really high in calories! I assumed it was healthy, because it's a better option than eating a granola bar or snacking on crackers/chips. The yogurt also threw me way over in sugar, even though it said no sugar added.

As soon as I figure out how to read others food diaries and friend people, i'll be sure to do that!
  • mycoffeeinbed
    mycoffeeinbed Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome!! I've been on here for a little over a year. I am getting fit to be healthy and feel great, but I am now looking to fit into a badass dress for my wedding next year too. Feel free to add me! Laters! :smile:
  • nmprovo
    nmprovo Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you will reach your goal! The key is not to make a HUGE goal all at once - just do small goals! They seem so much more attainable and as soon as you reach one you can make a new goal! Feel free to add me! :)
  • mariabraceyrobinson
    mariabraceyrobinson Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Goos luck. Don't get discouraged. Eat whatever you like, just learn portion control. That is what i do. I've lost 19 since the beginning of the year.
  • mariabraceyrobinson
    mariabraceyrobinson Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hey all, good to know i'm not alone, and its great to be able to give tips to each other on what's worked and what hasn't.

@kimsfitness - its interesting to see that the things you're eating you THOUGHT were good... aren't. I couldn't believe how much sodium/sugar were in some of my favorite "healthy" foods. I'm over on my sugar intake almost daily, so I'm trying to find a way to fix that. I started my new eating habits with yogurt and granola as a snack, only to realize that granola is really high in calories! I assumed it was healthy, because it's a better option than eating a granola bar or snacking on crackers/chips. The yogurt also threw me way over in sugar, even though it said no sugar added.

As soon as I figure out how to read others food diaries and friend people, i'll be sure to do that!

Buy some cheese sticks & 100 calorie pack of nuts for snack. Buy some fruit cup or regular whole fruit.