Day 365 and down 55 lbs

Options
Todays marks day 365 of me logging in and tracking my food into Myfitnesspal......through holidays, birthdays, vacations, binges and everything in between--its been an interesting journey. I lost 55 pounds during this year but that isn't different for me--I've lost and gained that 50 pounds maybe 10 times throughout my life...what is different is that this time I lost the weight with not eating Jenny Craig, a Liquid diet, with HCG drops or any other crazy thing I've done before--I just wrote down what I ate everyday--and stayed within the calories that I needed to be within to lose weight--pretty simple. The 55 pounds was off by January but the most amazing thing happened afterwards and 100% is because of the food tracking---for the first time in my life--I have actually been able to maintain the weight loss--you may think that 7 months isn't a long time to maintain--but for me--its amazing!! it gives me hope that I can do it!! I now know how many calories I can have each day to maintain the weight--its ok to have good days--bad days--and in between but I just keep logging in. today is day 365 but that doesn't mean i'm gonna stop!!

Replies

• Nicolette04
    Nicolette04 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    f8917190-66a0-4e51-a2a6-daba99369cb4_zps1bc28d44.jpg[/URL]
    [/quote]

tried to fix picture for you
  • Nicolette04
    Nicolette04 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You look great! Amazing job :)
  • batgirl_273
    batgirl_273 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    awesome!!! 55lbs is no small feat.
    Congrats to you!
  • CGraceEat
    CGraceEat Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! That really helps me. I have about the same amount of weight to lose and I often feel discouraged - I have tried before and lost some and then gained it back and so on.

In the past, logging what I was eating and calorie counting was really the only way that I lost weight. That and increasing my activity! Your story gives me hope that this time will be a success. :)
  • betsyfein1
    Options
    thanks so much--I never post on here and could not figure out how to post the pic :)
  • ginahardin
    ginahardin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I always thought you looked great but it is really a great healthy transformation
  • FebRose
    FebRose Posts: 3
    Options
    You look amazing congratulations: smile: !
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    you look great - - awesome job - - and i'm sure what's even more important is that you FEEL great!
  • soniabogonia
    soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Wonderful story. You look great! Congratulations!
  • change30
    change30 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Wow, you really opened my eyes reading this because I've had some bad and great days and stinkin binges too....this let's me know I'm not alone and I need to continue to keep logging, and I will reach my goal weight, I'm also learning to just have PATIENCE!!! Thank you for posting!!!! Congrats on your 55 lbs too that is Awesome, all that HARD work you Look Beautiful!
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Awesome loss!!
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    GREAT - AMAZING!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!