Protien Help!

I am needing to add more protien to my diet...and am looking for some additives I can put into a shake for after I work out. What is one that you like or favor? Also that is not to high in cost...

Replies

• lbuseth
    lbuseth Posts: 41
    I like a Chocolate Protein shake that is low carb with natural peanut butter, banana, ice cubes, with either water or Almond Milk. It is good idea to have fruit right after a workout.
  • JessicaZen
    JessicaZen Posts: 149 Member
    I use a whey protein powder you can get them at GNC Walmart , Amazon. the cost isn't to bad either. The gold standard whey protein I get on amazon comes in more variety of flavors that's what I like. Good luck also protein bars after workouts are good to try not to get ones loaded with sugar though. good luck.:flowerforyou:
  • raingirl21
    raingirl21 Posts: 167 Member
    I like Lean from GNC. The vanilla and berry flavors are good. A large container is about $30 I think. One scoop (1/2 serving) is 100 calories, 13 grams of protein, and 4 fiber.
  • A_Warrior_Princess
    A_Warrior_Princess Posts: 344 Member
    Sometimes I put frozen fruit - whatever you like I do blueberries, strawberries, blackberries. Other times I use PB (powdered peanut butter and put it in, another idea is oatmeal and a banana and some cinnamon. Others put flavored yogurt in it...
  • I take a whey protein shake after my workouts. I usually get it at Target for $18. It may be a bit expensive but it last a really long time, like 2-3 months.
  • leonaedithlewis
    leonaedithlewis Posts: 75 Member
    Greek yogurt is great in a smoothie and has a lot of protein if you prefer a non-powder option
  • tracy_getsfit
    tracy_getsfit Posts: 106 Member
    Thanks you guys some amazing advice!