Any gamers out there?

Options

Replies

• contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I'm something of a casual gamer who plays mostly F2P games on PC such as Mechwarrior Online as well as the freebies available on Steam. I used to be more hardcore about it but now motorcycling > gaming
  • __delete
    __delete Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I want XCOM on the ipad. But, sticker shock for an ipad game.
  • Katrina_vw91
    Katrina_vw91 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to Red Dead Redemption and Bioshock! My favourite game of all time though is the Dead Rising series.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I've been on my third playthrough of Borderlands 2, and am in need of some new game ideas. I LOVE the Borderlands games, I recently played the new Tomb Raider, and loved it. I'm awful at driving simulators, I think my boyfriend likes to play Gran Turismo cuz I'm so bad lol.

Has anyone played the Bioshock games? I've heard they're cool, but I haven't gotten a chance to play them yet.

When I first started Borderlands 2, I didnt like it. It took a few weeks to grow on me. If you havent played Bioshock I recommend them, but they are older than Borderlands 2. I am not sure if that would bother you or not, but it bothers some people. I havent played the new Bioshock Infinite yet.

Have you played Dead Space? I just got done with Dead Space 2 and and playing through Dead Space 3 right now. I was pretty impressed with some of the things in the game and it was pretty fun. Its 3rd person so not sure if you like FPS over 3rd person either. I also recommend Assasins Creed....all of them.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    For online games, my husband and I are playing Rift and Aion right now.

I love playing Skyrim; it's such an awesome game.

My husband has been playing Dragon's Dogma lately and is enjoying it. He gave Dark Souls a whirl too, but couldn't get into it. It looked like a cool game.
  • morielia
    morielia Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    The Last of Us (currently playing this)
    XCOM: Enemy Unknown
    Fallout 3
    Deus Ex - I like Invisible War but my husband liked Human Revolution
    Dead Island - Riptide got awful reviews, and I understand why, but I still kind of enjoy it
  • Medic911ETH
    Medic911ETH Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    The Hitman and Thief series are pretty awesome.

Oblivion and Skyrim hands-down good.

MMO's:

Everquest (since 2000 (will probably always be my favorite))
    DAoC was ok
    DDO is decent

There were a few others I don't remember, and at least one no longer exists.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Bioshock infinite is the only one I've played from the series but loved it.

I'm currently playing Skyrim which i keep going back to.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I play a game whenever I get a chance.

Tablet/phone - Jetpack, Candy Crush, Outwitters
    NDS - Zelda Phantom Hourglass; Super Mario anything; Advance Wars
    PSP - FFTactics, FF7, Emulator lets me play Sega Genesis classics.
    PS3 - BioShock, Fat Princess, Arkam Asylum; Rainbow Six Vegas; God of War; etc
    PC - Diablo 3, Starcraft, Skyrim (I hate Steam)
  • CycleGuy9000
    CycleGuy9000 Posts: 290
    Options
    Twister? Does that count? :laugh:

Yes of course it does.
  • Praisethesun
    Options
    I'm an avid gamer and write a barely-known gaming blog called Cheap Boss Attack (http://www.facebook.com/cheapbossattack).

Bioshock is an AMAZING series, but if you're looking for something more along the lines of Borderlands where you collect loot and level up, check out the Fallout series. Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas are both available for consoles if you're not a PC person.

Still, if you like story and exploration, Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite are fantastic games.

I'm more an RPG guy, so Skyrim, Oblivion, Mass Effect, Dragon Age: Origins, Dragon's Dogma, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, etc.
  • Praisethesun
    Options
    Skyrim is amazing, It's def worth checking out.

Skyrim also has some fun DLCs with it. Dawnguard was OK, but added some interesting game concepts. Hearthfire seemed like little more than a novelty, but even with nearly 700 hours logged (because I'm an idiot, and have both the Steam and 360 versions of this and a few other favorite games), I still spend a stupid amount of time arranging my house. Dragonborn was particularly awesome, and a huge part of the fun for me was going back to visit locations I had previously spent hours exploring a million years ago in Morrowind.

I'm in the idiot pool as well, as I invested about 300 hours in to the PS3 version and then bought the 360 version just to play the DLC back when the PS3 was having issues with it. Still, I loved the Dawnguard storyline with Serana and her father, and I'd had some decent fun making houses in Hearthfire. Thankfully Hearthfire is only 400 points/$5.00. Dragonborn was really good as a Morrowind fan. I sank hundreds of hours in to that one as well.

Glad to see so many gamers on here! Feel free to toss me a friend request and maybe we gamers can keep each other motivated?
  • mandasalem
    mandasalem Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    The forums ate my post! Basically, I was saying that while I'm more into League of Legends than anything these days, I recommend the first Bioshock and the third, skip the second.

For other console games, try Prototype 2 (TONS of fun, though the story is meh) and Bastion (amazing narration, beautiful visuals, crazy great music.)
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I loved borderlands, currently on my 2nd playthrough of game 2 with my second character (mechromancer, psycho was my first chara)

I also play the following games fairly regularly:
    The Last of Us
    Silent Hill: Homecoming
    Lollypop Chainsaw (I think they are made by the same creators of Borderlands)
    Final Fantasy 13/13-2 (if you hate long battles don't go for this one)
    Bioshock 1/2/Infinite
    Mass Effect 1/2/3 (highly recommend, it's a freaking great series)
    Fallout 3/ New Vegas
    Left 4 Dead/ Left 4 Dead 2
    Diablo 3
    Syndicate
    Lego Star Wars
    Star Wars the Force Unleashed
    Skyrim
    Amnesia
    Oddworld
    Grim Fandango
    Resident Evil 6 & Operation Racoon City
    Spec Ops: The Line
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
    Metal Gear Solid (Legacy collection but I play the first game... so darn good!)

Also have these pre-ordered because of the game content:
    The Evil Within
    Diablo 3 (PS3)
    Final Fantasy 13: Lightning Returns
    Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remastered in HD

and there are a few others... I just have too many on the go to remember them all.
  • mandasalem
    mandasalem Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    The Last of Us

I've heard AMAZING things about this game. The line at PAX East to demo was too long to even contemplate, and I forgot about it until recently. Should I prepare to lose a lot of time?
  • morielia
    morielia Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    The Last of Us

I've heard AMAZING things about this game. The line at PAX East to demo was too long to even contemplate, and I forgot about it until recently. Should I prepare to lose a lot of time?

Probably.

But I'm a Naughty Dog die hard and a survival horror/action-adventure game nut, so take it with a grain of salt.
  • dereksmb
    dereksmb Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    1.get skyrim on pc.

2.learn how to mod your game.

3.???

4.Profit.

Seriously though modding skyrim can lengthen the life of the game near infinitum.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    The Last of Us

Probably.

But I'm a Naughty Dog die hard and a survival horror/action-adventure game nut, so take it with a grain of salt.

The Last of Us was incredible. I absolutely loved it and there is a reason it was literally flying off the shelf within minutes at nearly a month after release. I was lucky that I managed to find a copy in store. (I pre-ordered the limited edition and EBGames sold it without contacting me at all... jerks, so I had to buy a regular copy after looking at 4 different stores that were sold out I picked up my copy and ten minutes later all 7 that were left over were GONE!)

I would highly suggest it as it has great replay value although its quite linear and you don't get a lot of 'choices' to fully customize gameplay the storyline and the actual gameplay itself is very engaging.
  • Praisethesun
    Options
    The forums ate my post! Basically, I was saying that while I'm more into League of Legends than anything these days, I recommend the first Bioshock and the third, skip the second.

For other console games, try Prototype 2 (TONS of fun, though the story is meh) and Bastion (amazing narration, beautiful visuals, crazy great music.)

Prototype 2 is a VERY underrated game. The story was definitely meh, but launching yourself around New York Zero destroying everything in your path like a gigantic octopus on bath salts was amazing.

I also second skipping Bioshock 2 until you finish the original and Infinite. 2 was written by a different team and it definitely shows. Still an okay game, but doesn't hold a candle to the other two. The Bastion soundtrack.. yeah.. fantastic stuff. The same female vocalist is doing the vocals for the new SupergiantGames game Transistor for PC/PS4. Youtube the intro for Transistor. Amaaaaazing music.
  • exile40
    exile40 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Massive geek here
    Big MMORPG fan - I tried real life .... its overrated :)

WOW ( retired now )
    Skyrim
    Civilisations
    Farcry
    Warz
    LA Noire
    Diablo 3 ( what a let down )
    Streetfighter 2 :)