mp_deep Posts: 85 Member
    Options
  • mp_deep
    Options
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I like to mix it with sauteed spinach, garlic, a touch of olive oil, red pepper flakes... stuff them in shelled or tubed pasta, cover with sauce, bake at 350 for about 20-30 minutes depending on your oven. Serve with a chicken breast you've baked with panko crust and sprayed with a bit of non-stick olive oil spray so it gets crispy.

Protip: If you don't want the bottom of your crispy chicken to be soggy, put it on a baking rack so it's elevated. Make sure all the pieces are the same general size and thickness so you know if you cut into one and it's good, the rest probably are too.

You can top the chicken with fresh mozzarella, basil, and sun-dried tomatoes at the end and broil it for a real treat.
  • LinFlemmer331
    LinFlemmer331 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Gotta bump for these yummy recipes!
  • texastwilight
    texastwilight Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite quick breakfasts:

- 1/3 C ricotta mixed with a little sweetener (I use a half packet of trivia
    - put that on top a toasted flax waffle
    - top the whole thing with strawberries

It's great when you're in the mood for a sweet breakfast, that still has good protein.

I mix mine with agave nectar and spread on Kashi Original waffles and top with whatever fruit I have on hand and a sprinkle of walnuts! Love it!!!
  • mp_deep
    Options
  • squirrell79
    squirrell79 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but other than lasagna, the only thing I do with ricotta is terribly unhealthy: deep fried ricotta cheese balls. My family usually only makes them 2 or 3 times a year, and they go in a flash.

Enjoy the healthy recipes!
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    You could make top it with some honey, walnuts, and fresh blueberries as a dessert.
  • mp_deep
    Options
  • Irockursocks87
    Irockursocks87 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    1 large low-fat, high-fiber, burrito-size tortilla with about 100 calories
    1/3 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
    1 tbsp. shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
    1/4 cup thinly sliced onion

1/4 tsp. garlic powder

1/8 tsp. salt, or more to taste
    Dash black pepper

4 thin slices plum tomato
    4 fresh basil leaves
    Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Put tortilla on a baking sheet sprayed lightly with nonstick spray. Bake in the oven until slightly crispy, 3 - 5 minutes per side. Leave oven on.

In a small bowl, mix ricotta cheese with mozzarella cheese. Set aside.

Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat on the stove. Add onion and, stirring occasionally, cook until softened and slightly browned, about 5 minutes. Immediately stir onion into cheese mixture. Add garlic powder, salt, and pepper, and mix well.

Spread cheese-onion mixture evenly on top of the tortilla. Top with tomato slices and basil leaves. If you like, sprinkle with a dash of salt.

Return pizza to the oven and bake until hot, about 5 minutes. Slice and enjoy. Pizza for one!

MAKES 1 SERVING
  • MissyPoo2013
    MissyPoo2013 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Holy crap LIFECHANGING. Bump!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Dessert type recipes for Ricotta cheese anyone? Looking for lower calorie high protein and to satisfy a sweet tooth.
    Can you do with it what you'd do with Cottage Cheese?
  • cwoyto123
    cwoyto123 Posts: 308
    Options
    I usually eat the whole container with a spoon.
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Some yummy things on this thread. Italian cheesecake....
    http://www.lidiasitaly.com/recipes/detail/1129
  • BeginningAgainMay14
    BeginningAgainMay14 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Stuffed French Toast Sundaes!

(From the Cook Yourself Thin TV show)

Serves 2 (2 cups per person)
    Calories per serving: 353

1 whole egg
    1 egg white
    2 tablespoons skim milk
    1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1 teaspoon honey
    4 slices whole-wheat bread, crusts removed
    1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
    1/2 cup raspberries
    1/2 cup blackberries
    2 tablespoons pure maple syrup

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.

2. In a bowl, whisk together the egg, egg white, milk, cinnamon and honey. Spray a nonstick muffin pan with calorie-free vegetable spray. Carefully dip each slice of the bread into the egg/milk mixture and press it into the muffin pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 12 minutes, until crisp.

3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese until smooth. Spoon equal amounts of the ricotta mixture into each of the bread cups and top with berries. Drizzle the maple syrup on top.
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com is my go-to for healthy recipes! She has a recipe for spinach lasagna rolls that have ricotta. My husband loves them!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/02/spinach-lasagna-rolls.html?m=1
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I usually eat the whole container with a spoon.

I always want something sweet after dinner.. So I tried it mixed with pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, a bit of truvia (and I mean very very little as I don't like the taste of it, so it needs to be super subtle) and a splash of vanilla.. It was ok.