**WOMEN ONLY!**

Options
Its been about almost 2 months since I started this weight loss journey and so far I have lost about 12 lbs but 22.5 from my highest point. Over these last few months I havent really had my period, until last week when I got it for the first time in about 3 months. Anyway I have noticed that when Im on my period I dont have an appetite. I dont really feel hungry or thirsty. Is this common? Has anyone else had this problem and what can I do to solve this? I know its important to get proper nutrition but its hard when I almost get sick when eating a spoonful of oatmeal, or gag when I get a sip of water.

Replies

• BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Have you tried speaking to your OBGYN or Doctor about that? They may be able to answer that and help out.
  • misstammy123
    misstammy123 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    During my TOM I have no appetite and find it hard to drink as well although this only lasts 2-3days, but in the week before my period I could eat EVERYTHING! My doctor said its perfectly normal to go off your food so I tend not to worry about it. It's a good way to get rid of water weight. The joys of womanhood!
  • nena49659
    nena49659 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I wish. I'm the opposite, I get ravenous. And, if I don't eat just the right amount, I get quite nauseous.
  • KatieSChaisemom
    KatieSChaisemom Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    SOmtimes when getting started with a workout regimen and sometimes evern for women who are extremely athletic and have been for a long time, it is common to have a lighter or nonexistant period for a month or so. I honestly wouldnt worry about it but if you are concerned , It could be many things ( diet wise, what you're eating, what you're not eating etc.) Then I would suggest going to a doctor. Try not to overdo it if you are just starting out.
  • Keffinger22
    Keffinger22 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I am the same way! I have been diagnosed with PMDD so I am not sure if it is because of that or if other women with regular period symptoms go through the same thing. I started mine yesterday and barely ate anything. It's not as bad today but still not eating enough. For me this only happens the the first 2-3 days not the entire period. By day 3 I am good to go as far as eating regularly. Hope this helps!
  • Followingsea
    Followingsea Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Change in appetite is one of the symptoms of PMS, so, yeah, it's fairly common :)
  • ashleybreanna13
    ashleybreanna13 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    It's very hard for me to eat during my TOM. But yes, the week beforehand I eat everything!
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    It's very hard for me to eat during my TOM. But yes, the week beforehand I eat everything!

Same here
  • doghe14
    doghe14 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks! It has always been like this, barely hungry the first few days but a few days before or during I can eat anything and everything in sight lol. Glad to know Im not the only one out there :D
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    During my TOM I have no appetite and find it hard to drink as well although this only lasts 2-3days, but in the week before my period I could eat EVERYTHING! My doctor said its perfectly normal to go off your food so I tend not to worry about it. It's a good way to get rid of water weight. The joys of womanhood!

This, I always thought it was the bodies way of balancing out the natural tendencies to over eat right before the tom. LOL
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    the week of my actual period I'm not hungry. The week before however, I want to eat everything in sight. It's probably the rise in hormones causing you to not feel hungry.
  • heywithers
    heywithers Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    This month I haven't had my full week of my period yet and I should have by now. I had one day where it was spotty then it went away.. I think it is from losing weight and exercising 5 days a week but heck i could be prego too! ha I just hope everything is ok with my body. I havent missed a period in years.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    This month I haven't had my full week of my period yet and I should have by now. I had one day where it was spotty then it went away.. I think it is from losing weight and exercising 5 days a week but heck i could be prego too! ha I just hope everything is ok with my body. I havent missed a period in years.

I had a baby 8.5 months after that happened to me... including the spotting, for me 2 days before my period was due. Pregnancy tests are cheap...
  • LuckyMunky
    LuckyMunky Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I have the exact same problem! I have a large appetite a few days before it starts, and then it tapers down to almost nothing during my period.