When did other people start noticing your weight loss?

Options
It took about 6 months for people to notice my weight loss. I lost about 20 pounds so far and from the comments and questions I get, you'd think I'd lost 50lbs. One co-worker asked what I did because I have lost a "HUGE amount of weight." I told her about tracking on MFP. Its funamental calories in - calories out equation.

How about you? When did someone notice your weight loss?

Replies

• I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Around 10 lbs. I didn't have much to lose, though. People really seem to notice at 15 lbs.
  • Camille0502
    Camille0502 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    It took about 20 pounds. It was kind of disappointing because I was hoping that people would notice sooner. At about the 30 pound mark, even more people started mentioning it.
  • MySignaturecolour
    MySignaturecolour Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    It was around 12 lbs but I lost a lot of inches I'm at 21lbs and even more people notice. Zumba insructor, boot camp trainer and my friends that see me all the time. I was really shocked that a woman from zumba I hadn't seen in 2 weeks noticed.
  • hopefaithlove24
    hopefaithlove24 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    My parents and husband noticed it very quickly,,, other people haven't yet,,, if I say I have started working out and counting my calories they tell me I don't need to lose weight... guess I hide it well ;)
  • bymyslf892
    bymyslf892 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    About 25 lbs in, but I had/have a lot more to lose.
  • VioletNightshade
    Options
    I had 3 people say something around 20lb, and then the comments stopped. When I hit 35+ more and more people have started saying something, probably because my work uniform's shoulder seams now fall about 4 inches below my actual shoulder, so the already unflattering shirt now hangs off of me like a bag.
  • sarajculwell
    Options
    My mom and husband notices at about the five pound mark-but I am pretty sure it was only because it was all in my boobs
  • wildrose53
    wildrose53 Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    My mother and sister's noticed last weekend. I only see them once every 6 weeks or so and had lost 15 lbs and 7". I know I felt better, clothes were loose fitting but I guess I was my biggest critic. It felt good to hear from someone that my hard work is paying off!
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    This time around I've lost 51lbs since April and no one has really said anything except for I need to get some new pants. I think that may have been eluding to my weight loss? Part of it also may be that I lost the same amount of weight this time last year and then put it back on in 6 months and then now have taken it off in 4 months, so every time they see me I am up and down.
  • missmince
    missmince Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My mom and husband notices at about the five pound mark-but I am pretty sure it was only because it was all in my boobs

Ouch! It's kind of sad to see your bra size go down before your pants size. Sadly, my husband notices that, but he says he's impressed by the shoulder and ab definition I'm getting now.
  • tawanda6329
    tawanda6329 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Just curious why do you care if other people notice? I'm losing weight for myself so I can care less if people comment about it.
  • VioletNightshade
    Options
    Just curious why do you care if other people notice? I'm losing weight for myself so I can care less if people comment about it.

Sometimes it's nice to hear that other people see the work you're putting in. It can reinforce your knowledge that you're doing well and help provide motivation.
  • TheGr8Kimbini
    Options
    Back in January when I was first dieting, people noticed around 10lbs, but I think it depends on what your size is too. 10lbs would be drastic on someone small, vs. a little thicker. :) I started at 177lbs, but I'm 5'8", so I'm in a little obove "overweight".
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    When I lost my first 20 lbs.
  • wmbrett
    wmbrett Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    From friends and coworkers, it took about 20 - 25 lbs before people started commenting. But as my wife says (she works in a hospital), people may not comment when you lose significant weight, since in her field, it often means you have cancer or another major health issue.
  • ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    After 10-12kg.
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    It depends on your starting weight for sure. It took people like 30 pounds for anyone to notice on me....which was really frustrating. I almost gave up because no one was noticing. So glad that I didn't!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Buff2022
    Buff2022 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I think people noticed but didn't say anything. But at about 25 the comments started coming in. Now when I saw family I had not seen they all noticed
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Hmm tough question! Well here's a bit of background I guess... I've always been big. Big baby, big toddler, big teen, big adult. I don't just mean big as in fat, but big as in my structer is on the big side (bone's and such). I never suddenly jumped in sizes it was gradual and i never dropped in sizes. Without me losing even a bit of weight i would get comments like "You don't even look that big" or "have you lost weight? you look different" when i hadn't lost a single pound! So far I've lost 50lbs and counting, i can't really see it, and neither does my clothing. I haven't really gotten "you look like you've lost weight" in a while either. So i'm at the point where i'm like.... C'MONNNN WHEN WILL I SEE IT AND OTHERS SEE IT FOR REAL REAL. haha. I'll assume i'm gaining muscle or something which is replacing the fat loss just as quick.. i'm not sure haha
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    Around the 40 lb. mark.