Which Workout Video Is Best If Heavy?

Options
Need advice.....

I want to get a workout video. My first one in like 10+ years.

I am really motivated and want to keep the momentum going.

I am heavier though so I do not know if I should get the 30 day Shred, or the Insanity one.

I am also open to other suggestions, but do not know too many other ones.

Suggestions?

Keep in mind I am like 200+ pounds....which one can I stick with and be able to physically do it?:flowerforyou:

Replies

• tabbatha35
    tabbatha35 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try Leslie Sasone's walking video or The Biggest Loser videos. I have both of those and they are good. I just started doing those videos. So far so good. They each have 4 different work out sessions.
  • hot2def
    hot2def Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Shaun T's Move and Groove CD's are amazingly fun. He keep you dancing and you are burning calories! Would definitely recommend it!
  • Justice2012
    Justice2012 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Let me just elaborate a bit. I can do the treadmill at 3.0 incline and fast walk at a pace of 3.0 for one full hour. I have some endurance, but I need variety and something different and something more intense. I want to sweat like no body's business. This is for all the years I was inactive.:bigsmile:

Thank you for the suggestions....I will look into them!!!

Any more?? Keep them coming, this is good stuff.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    There are so many different ones, what I did was go to youtube and search through different workout videos until I found one's I enjoyed.

You can do 30 Day Shred I started it when I was 250 lbs, just modify what you need to and each time you repeat it try to improve and modify less.

FitnessBlender.com is also a great site with lots of different workouts for a wide range of fitness levels.
  • Justice2012
    Options
    There are so many different ones, what I did was go to youtube and search through different workout videos until I found one's I enjoyed.

You can do 30 Day Shred I started it when I was 250 lbs, just modify what you need to and each time you repeat it try to improve and modify less.

FitnessBlender.com is also a great site with lots of different workouts for a wide range of fitness levels.

Thank you!!!!!
  • tawanda6329
    tawanda6329 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I like Leslie's walk away the pounds DVD.
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    sweatin with the oldies. Richard simmons for the win.
  • crazorbaq
    crazorbaq Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone videos are really great. You can get 1-5 mile workouts in your own living room. I really enjoy these and they are something that ANYONE can do! I think you would like them. You can get them around $10 at Walmart.
  • Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I recommend looking on Youtube at the ones mentioned to see what you like the best. I have a few biggest loser (yoga, X-Train, and power sculpt) and also the zumba DVD set.
  • ohaston
    ohaston Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I am using the Leslie Sansome's 5 really big miles and am loving it!
    You can choose to do 1 to the entire 5 miles ... You will enjoy watching how your endurance will sky rocket in only a few days.
    I was nearly 300 and was doing it with no problem.
    Hang in there ... !
  • wideeyedla
    wideeyedla Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Try Leslie Sasone's walking video or The Biggest Loser videos. I have both of those and they are good. I just started doing those videos. So far so good. They each have 4 different work out sessions.

Pretty much anyone can do Leslie Sansone's Walking workouts. I really like them. Great for indoor days when I can't get out to walk. The more challenging ones really get your heart rate up, so you can progress through them.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Let me just elaborate a bit. I can do the treadmill at 3.0 incline and fast walk at a pace of 3.0 for one full hour. I have some endurance, but I need variety and something different and something more intense. I want to sweat like no body's business. This is for all the years I was inactive.:bigsmile:

Thank you for the suggestions....I will look into them!!!

Any more?? Keep them coming, this is good stuff.

OK - Leslie Sansone Walk at Home DVDs will have you walking at a 3.5 - 4 MPH pace ...... it's different than a treadmill.... but it's still just cardio..... it's knee lifts, kick, side steps ... and a few arm movements thrown in.

If you're looking for circuit (cardio/strength) .....Walking Cardio Shape Up Max (Chris Freytag) is low impact......the DVD is sold on Amazon (actually it's 2 circuit programs on the DVD) ..... or you can "test drive" one on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm0C8awjNIQ

If you're leaning toward Shred.... it's very high impact .... look at some of the low impact cardio on Chris Freytag's video ^ ... for substitutions

collagevideo.com is a great resource for workout DVDs .... video clips, reviews, IMPACT LEVEL, equipment required ... tons of useful info.

Edited to add ........ Leslie Sansone DVDs are not as "easy" as some people think. Because of the simplicity ..... you can really bump it up with light weights (or a weighted vest) bigger arms, higher knees, deeper side steps ..... it might not challenge runners .... but walkers can definitely work up a sweat....it's all about what you bring to it.
  • purple180
    purple180 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Not sure if anyone has already posted this or not but try YouTube they have many full length videos for you to try for FREE (30 day shred included). This way you can play around with different workouts and if they are too hard at first you will not be out of any money. I hope this helps. Oh and fitnessblender (on YouTube has a ton of videos that you may like as well).
  • overit75
    overit75 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have recently started Insanity and have been ok and I am heavy. I am not able to keep up with him on everything but then again, some of the people on the video fall out as well. I do it at my pace and feel I will get better as I lose weight and when I go through it more than once.
  • csheltra26
    csheltra26 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Shaun T's Move and Groove CD's are amazingly fun. He keep you dancing and you are burning calories! Would definitely recommend it!

If you want something different than walking and like to dance I recommend this as well. Shaun T is fun and he's very motivating. I would try that before something like Insanity.
  • Justice2012
    Options
    Thank you to all who replied with suggestions. I have read them all, and decided to go to the library. I got.....

WALK THE WALK WITH LESLIE SANSONE

AND
    GET FIT AND FAB WITH JILLIAN MICHAELS

Here I go!!! Yay......