Shortie Success Story!

I don't think that many people will read this, but I've been meaning to make a post about this for a while, and I figured, maybe it's finally time to write something motivational after being depressed and feeling ugly these past few days.

Even though I'm embarrassed by how I looked before, I'm going to take a chance and put these pictures up. Those two first pictures represent what I looked like for a long time. I always had a problem with eating too much and I really had no self control. I gained weight over the years, but I finally gained so much that I went from overweight to obese. I was at 144 lbs (65 kg). That may not seem that bad, but taking into account that I'm extremely short (I'm only 148 cm or 4"10), that is a really unhealthy number.

I hated taking full shots which is why this one picture is the only one I could find of me showing my body. I always told myself that I didn't care what other people thought and I wasn't that fat. I was in denial and I didn't want or think I could change. Finally, I decided enough was enough and got off my lazy butt to try to do something about my eating problem. I started going to the gym more than three times a week and making serious changes to my diet.

I started my weight loss journey back in early-mid November and I've lost 31 lbs (14 kg) since then. My weight has been fluctuating around 112 lbs (51 kg) since May and I feel so much better with myself now. It's still not my ideal weight for my height and I'd like to lose another 10 lbs (4.5 kg), but I am pretty satisfied at the moment.

I actually felt kind of pretty today (LOL), so I took the first full body shot I've taken since I lost weight. It's still a struggle to eat right, but I hope my story can motivate other people as well in becoming healthier!

1002465_192633127564726_1299210131_n_zps8809ae10.jpg
969750_192633157564723_447335030_n_zps10b5d5b2.jpg
970628_192633170898055_1567900629_n_zpsf635a436.jpg
1016829_192633187564720_429353937_n_zpsa217de66.jpg
603004_192633217564717_1302352802_n_zpsc12c3ff7.jpg

Replies

• buffyfan22
    buffyfan22 Posts: 54
    Yay congrats!! But I can't see the pics. :(
  • mommy3457
    mommy3457 Posts: 361 Member
    First of all, congrats! Second, I can't see the pictures. Third, what did you differently with your diet?
  • ParanSkies
    ParanSkies Posts: 59
    Sorry about that! I have changed the links so the pictures are working properly now ^^

To be honest, I didn't do anything particularly special except cutting down on the calories. I really cut out a lot of snacks that I didn't need to eat and for a time, I ate more wholesome meals. Nowadays, I'm lazy and I kind of just eat whatever, but I still try to watch those calories hahaha.
  • xxmarysmxx
    xxmarysmxx Posts: 199 Member
    You look FANTASTIC

Keep up the good work!
  • mommy3457
    That's so encouraging to know. I;m just counting calories too. How long did it take you? I'm 5'1", and I want to lose at least 25 lbs. so your success story is close to mine. I'm 148 lbs. right now. You look awesome by the way!
  • ParanSkies
    That's so encouraging to know. I;m just counting calories too. How long did it take you? I'm 5'1", and I want to lose at least 25 lbs. so your success story is close to mine. I'm 148 lbs. right now. You look awesome by the way!

I started at 144 lbs in early-mid November and I got to 118 in March. I've been at around 112 since May, I believe. It was so hard at first, but seeing those first 10 lbs come off so quickly in the beginning was really encouraging. I also forgot to mention that I cut down A LOT on sodium. Salt makes it so easy to become bloated and I'll easily gain 2-4 pounds overnight if I have too much salt.
  • mommy3457

I started at 144 lbs in early-mid November and I got to 118 in March. I've been at around 112 since May, I believe. It was so hard at first, but seeing those first 10 lbs come off so quickly in the beginning was really encouraging. I also forgot to mention that I cut down A LOT on sodium. Salt makes it so easy to become bloated and I'll easily gain 2-4 pounds overnight if I have too much salt.

That's good to know! :smile:
  • Sdewhizzle
    Sdewhizzle Posts: 26 Member
    You look so pretty and that outfit's cute! Well done! :)
  • alitarose
    alitarose Posts: 103 Member
    I'm a shortie to and your post was so encouraging!! I think you look just the right weight for you height but only you know. You are beautiful! Congrats for a job well done.
  • ParanSkies
    I'm a shortie to and your post was so encouraging!! I think you look just the right weight for you height but only you know. You are beautiful! Congrats for a job well done.

I'm so glad to know that it was encouraging to you! Thank you so much :)
    I guess I just want to shed those last few vanity pounds hahahaha.
  • mizpoke
    mizpoke Posts: 171 Member
    You look great! You were pretty before and even prettier in that cute outfit. Well done on shifting those pounds! :flowerforyou:
  • milsasa
    milsasa Posts: 1 Member
    Bless your heart and congratulations! I am so happy to read your story. I am a shortie too, (4'10") and am just starting to try and lose some weight. I started around 142 lbs and have been somewhere around there for about a year now. I didn't gain much weight with my 1st pregnancy 1 and 1/2 years ago but after my daughter was born, stress, bad habits and being at home all day all of a sudden really added up the pounds quickly, I have several family members who have done well with this website and I look forward to my own success. You look great! thank you for your inspiration and motivation!
  • Amadbro
    Amadbro Posts: 750 Member
    wow...congrats. You are very beautiful by the way :D
  • skinnysushicat
    skinnysushicat Posts: 138 Member
    Mommy3457, we are the same size and shape - have messaged you.
  • skinnysushicat
    skinnysushicat Posts: 138 Member
    Oh, and congratulations OP - your face looks so different!
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    You look great!
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    You look amazing! You are so pretty aaaaand I LOVE your shoes!
  • dollbaby66
    dollbaby66 Posts: 6 Member
    You look gorgeous and really well done to you.
  • baybeejulia
    baybeejulia Posts: 218 Member
    You look great, don't feel down, you've achieved what so many people want but can't. Well done, you're an inspiration to me at 145 cm :)
  • Aliiangel
    Aliiangel Posts: 2
    You look great.... Keep it up.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!