Wii games

Options
I've been "playing" the dance games for the past couple days - not sure if that's going to help any or burn many calories but at least I'm having fun =)

Has anyone "played" JIllian Michael's "game"? If so, what did you think?

Replies

• AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hi I have got Dance 4 and I think its great, would recommend it does work take it from me. Its fun and a good way of losing weight :smile:
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I loved Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2010, but absolutely LOATHE the 2011 version. In the 2011 version, they opted to try to make it into more of a "game" than a workout, and it's just... blah. Not a fan. I also don't really care for The Biggest Loser game. I love Wii Fit, but it's not overly challenging so I sort of use it to supplement my workouts.

My absolute favorite game for the Wii is Gold's Gym Cardio Workout. It's a rhythm boxing game that is sort of a punching version of Guitar Hero, if that makes sense. It's enjoyable to play, and doesn't really FEEL like a hard workout at the time... but if you wear a HRM, you'll see you can burn calories pretty quickly playing it. And, holy cow, talk about sore the next day! I love workouts that don't feel like workouts at the time because they're so much fun.

I've recently upgraded to a Wii U, and I picked up Your Shape Fitness Evolution 2013. I'm really liking it so far! It's a cool game to play for sure, lots of different exercises. That's good for me, because I NEED variety. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone else who plays so I can't really do the challenges and stuff- I'm hoping to link up with other players somehow to do that. I'm also looking forward to Wii Fit U, which was supposed to be in stores by now but has been delayed until December.

I'm starting to hear a lot of good things about the Just Dance games, though, so I might have to pick up one or two of those, too!
  • Katkamm77
    Katkamm77 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I started with the Just Dance games. They definitely made me sweat. I moved on because I didn't feel like I was getting an even workout (left/right sides of my body, arms, etc.). I still use them because they are fun, I just use DVD workouts as my normal exercise . Richard Simmons DVDs are great if you're out of shape. I know, people make fun of him but, I get a workout with them. They make me work but, they don't push so hard I get injured (bad knees). Eventually, I will go on to something harder but, for now, these are enough.
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Richard Simmons workout are sometimes quite challenging! I used to have them but since he drives me crazy I couldn't do them! haha