Need a Kick in the Workout Pants!

Options
I don't know what happened. Life, I suppose. Summer was too hot, then school started and we were too busy. Work is awful, then TOM. Excuses, excuses. They seemed very real at the time but now almost 2 months have gone by with no food tracking and no exercise.

I think I just need some support because I feel alone and I don't want to complain and bring everyone else down. I am not beating myself up. I'm just not doing anything! HELP... PLEASE!

Replies

• Dawn_2013
    Options
    I'm in! Add me :bigsmile: as a friend. I want to start the 30 day shred with Jillian Michaels, a pretty inexpensive DVD. I have not been well the last few days and meant to start, but would love a fitness partner for 30 days...whatdoyathink?:flowerforyou:
  • Lauris83
    Options
    well start again NOW. 2 months is better than 2 yrs, maybe the break you gave yourself will jumpstart your weightloss motivation again. You lost before, so you will lose again :)
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Excuses, Excuses, Excuses!!! That's what they are!!! I am here to give you your kick in *kitten*

Time to start moving you can join the September "Move It" challenge...3 goals to choose from

1) 360 minutes of moving each week
    2) 2500 calories burned
    3) lose 1/2 to 1" off your waist or abd

Now, make time for yourself....walk your lunches, tell the kids "No, I am working out for 30 minutes and then I will help you", run errands on a bilke, blades or walk....I don't want to hear excuses...start moving
  • EboniA
    EboniA Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Excuses, Excuses, Excuses!!! That's what they are!!! I am here to give you your kick in *kitten*

Time to start moving you can join the September "Move It" challenge...3 goals to choose from

1) 360 minutes of moving each week
    2) 2500 calories burned
    3) lose 1/2 to 1" off your waist or abd

Now, make time for yourself....walk your lunches, tell the kids "No, I am working out for 30 minutes and then I will help you", run errands on a bilke, blades or walk....I don't want to hear excuses...start moving
    Thanks Kim. I usued to tell the kids no. I forgot about that! Duh!
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    thats me i need a kick :huh: in the work out pants.for the last two weeks iv been bad:embarassed: need to get back with it
  • 623Hernandez
    Options
    Girl..... I so relate!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kim. I usued to tell the kids no. I forgot about that! Duh!

Beware, when you are working out is where they will ask you do stuff...I have gotten very good at saying "No, you have a father. Go ask him" or "Talk to me when I am done working out".

I, also, have restarted the shred series...the 30 day shred is literally 27 minutes end to end....can you find 27 minutes somewhere???

BTW, they are really cute!!!
  • mamajenny
    Options
    Don't worry your not the only one. I've gone almost 3 months without logging my food. I've tried to maintain portion control & make healthy choices but it's hard when you're constantly on the go & fast food is the easiest thing to pick up. It's been hard for me to make the time to actually cook or make my lunch for work and I didn't want to log my calories cuz I knew I was going way over my cal intake & I knew it would make me feel bad. But it's time to stop feeling guilty & do something about it. I just started logging in again yesterday. You've already lost 10 lbs. No need to quit now. Get back in there....... It will make you feel better & so will exercising. You have to do it for you.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Eboni,

This too shall pass,. Please see previous post on below link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/99839-9-hidden-reasons-to-stay-motivated?hl=<span class=

Hope this helps! You can do it!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Eboni,

This too shall pass,. Please see previous post on below link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/99839-9-hidden-reasons-to-stay-motivated?hl=<span class=

Hope this helps! You can do it!
  • ifychudy
    ifychudy Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Eboni, dear, am so there with you. With the kids going back to school, with works, hubby, soccer practice, there are tons of excuses. For the past month I have been slacking. Not working out like I used to, making bad food choices most of the time. I went from weigh in every wk to every 2wks and now every 3wks because I dnt want to see the damage on the scale. I really need some help too and I hope we will push each other along