Looking for 40 something friends that workout at home

Options

Replies

• wahelga
    wahelga Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 and work out at home as well as walking and hiking. Feel free to friend me as I could also do with some like minded support :smile:
  • WAnnB
    WAnnB Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    How many friends do you want? I am just looking for one that I can encourage and who will also encourage me. I am 48 and work the treadclimber at home. As I only have 7 pounds more to lose, it seems that my friends and relatives don't think I need encouragement. I have resorted to encouraging myself. So, after all these offers, if you still need a friend, I would be glad to be yours.
  • melwharris91
    melwharris91 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi there. 45 years old. Although I have a gym membership but sometimes I prefer to workout at home. Looking for some good ideas on toning and keeping each other on track. Ii have comcast ondemamd. Any recommendations?
  • bigd4486
    bigd4486 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 36 and I do most of my working out at home. I have a Bowflex Treadclimber that I use everyday and free weights I use every other day. I use this app everyday to keep myself accountable. I'm looking for people to give some motivation and help out with tips. Message me for an add. Thanks!
  • harinkie
    harinkie Posts: 20
    Options
    I am 42 and do most of my working out at home. Which sometimes makes me feel guilty because I do have a gym membership. But it's so much nicer to go out and run and do abs after that in the living room :)
    Feel free to add me.
  • m6rsy
    m6rsy Posts: 21
    Options
    I'm 45, never go to a gym ( too self conscious!) work out at home too. I've lost around 38 pounds and now maintaining my current 128 pounds
    Any new friends welcome :) I'm always looking for inspiration to keep me on track :) x
  • mebepiglet123
    mebepiglet123 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I'm 43
    Log everyday. Message frequently, and blog.
    I too work out at home have road bike, hardly sees light of day outside as I prefer using stationary trainer in front of tv with music blaring. Also have bowflex gym and bowflex treadmill.. Like to walk dogs too.

Add me if u like... See you have had a few replies tho so all good if u don't
    I have a lot to lose.. 40 lbs or so
  • YorkiepuddingBird
    Options
    I'm ancient by the sounds of things haha I'm 49 and do all of my exercise alone and at home, except when i walk the dogs.I'm losing weight and toning too and am most certainly not a uk size 12!!
    I log on here daily and am addicted to calorie counting and exercising... Add me by all means.. any of you.. the more the merrier xx
  • Leaping_Lemur
    Leaping_Lemur Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm 42. I do a lot of stretching at home (including some PT for a knee that last year was diagnosed with tendonitis, but it's started acting up again and I wonder if it's actually arthritis), Plus I'm lifting in my garage. I do go to the gym to swim, but that's it. Earlier in the summer I really enjoyed biking and roller blading in my neighborhood, but a) my knee began to hurt (see above), and b) it got too hot (I'm currently in central Oklahoma). I've been on MFP for 6 weeks, and log in every day. I've lost 24 lbs since Christmas, and 12 lbs since joining MFP. I've got 10 pounds to go (to get down to the weight I was when my first kid was born). I'd like to lose another 10 beyond that -- or at least another 10 lbs of body fat. My scale might stay the same if I gain more muscle than I lose flab, which is fine with me. Anyway, feel free to add me. So far I've restricted my friends to people I have actually physically met, but I think it's time to expand a bit, as I'm sure I could use more support with reaching my goals.
  • Kidostud
    Kidostud Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 and have to lose about 10 pounds, but it is incredibly hard!! I only work out at home - I love the Jillian Michaels dvd's. You're welcome to add me if you want.
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Will be 45 soon and recently worked out from home until knee pain stopped my running. Have about 14 more lbs to go (weight has been bouncing around the past month).

Hope knee pain resolves with Physical Therapy and get back into running soon!
  • MeowSkull
    MeowSkull Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    42, quite a bit more than 10# to lose, and workout only at home! Elliptical, dvds, and a whole lot of yard work on a regular basis. Add me if you want! (or anyone else too )
  • softballmom33
    softballmom33 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I am 47 work out at home and have about 11 pounds to go. Anybody needing support or willing to give please add me :)
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I turn 43 tomorrow (not sure if I should say yay or yikes to that!) I mostly walk or bike ride the trails near my house. I have a gym membership and plan to start weight lifting Monday. I have about 12 lbs to lose before I decide if I'm happy at that weight or want to lose a few more lbs.
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    So the story of my live. I was almost there and then I gained again and now I have to loose over 30 pounds instead of the only 4 which were left *sighhh* 45 as well and it looks like it is getting harder and harder. Keto seems to be the most effective, but again I gained 2 pounds this week :ohwell:
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I'm 45, workout at home and no longer care what that scale says!! I look good, feel better and eat far healthier than I ever have!!
  • catjrow3
    catjrow3 Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I am 42 and I work out 90% of the time from home. I still have about 30 lbs to lose though. I do Turbo Fire, Insanity, Running, Weights, and sometimes elliptical. I am an avid exerciser, my problem is in the kitchen!! As I get older, every little thing food wise I do effects me, I can exercise until I am blue, and its not my answer, but I keep trying to figure it out! You can add me if you like, happy to support others with same problems!
  • kregerems
    kregerems Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 almost 48, check out my profile and send a request. I'll help support you.
  • RoninLife
    RoninLife Posts: 64
    Options
    I'm 42 and I work out at home because it's convenient. My favorite work out is Zumba but recently, been loving the Turbo Fire HIIT work outs. I also run on the treadmill. I try to log in daily and show my support. Anyone here, feel free to add me:smile:
  • shannonmarie752487
    Options
    I'm still just starting out. I"m about two months in, and this time (this is my third MFP attempt) I am really having fun with it. I send out maybe one or two friend requests every couple days or so, but I don't always have time to send requests to everybody I would want to add. I'm 41, I work out at home (mostly), and I appreciate all the good tips and motivation I get from MFP friends.